Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on August 10, 2011
I heard From My Heart To Yours on the Tom Joyner Morning show when this 1st came out,and the next week I saw her on The Monique Show.On the strength of that performance I told myself I had to have this CD, so I ordered it the next day.There are standards that we measure everything by in this world,but by ANY STANDARD this young woman is 1)A Extremely Gifted Songwriter, 2)A Knockout on stage(As everyone who saw her on that Monique Show performance can attest to), 3) A singer who not only writes,but displays a reverence towards the the genre (R & B, Soul) that she is writing in.From My Heart,Shine,and If Tonight Is My Last represent songwriting at it's absolute best.As a performer she also is a winner,because there has not been anyone other than Little Richard,Fats Domino,Brother Ray,Billy Preston, and of course Aretha who can sit at the Piano and create this kind of excitement.Demonstrating remarkable staying power,this fantastic artist followed this smash CD up by singing not one, but 2 songs for the soundtrack to For Colored Girls.I say that we should all buckle up and get ready for a long ride for this young artist,for it seems that she is going to be around for awhile.
on September 6, 2009
This is a great debut from a young woman who hails from Dublin. I kept seeing clips of her on the VH1 channel prior to the debut of her lead single, FROM MY HEART TO YOURS. The song is so catchy & infectious that it heightened my anticipation of the album release and I'm happy to say that I'm not disappointed with this purchase.

Because Laura is from another country she does have an affected way of singing and her tone of voice is somewhat similar to Joss Stone. The album is short & sweet at ten tracks but I enjoy listening to most of them so in my book this is a very successful debut - kudos to Laura as another strong singer/songwriter. On a side note, I hope that as the fall season begins, she will get more national exposure on a few of the talk shows so that more people may become aware of her.

It is difficult to pick favorites but the tracks I not only kept on repeat but also put on my ipod are the aforementioned, FROM MY HEART TO YOURS; SHINE; DON'T STAY; PERFECT WORLD; I DON'T WANT YOU BACK & MMM.
on September 10, 2009
The first time I heard of Laura Izibor was on the radio, and the song they were playing was "From My Heart to Yours". I said, WOW, I love this song. So I went on the Amazon website, looked up the artist by name, and found what I was looking for. Then I decided to play the samples to see if the rest of her songs were equally as beautiful, and that is when I decided that I have to have this CD. I recommend it to all music lovers no matter what genre of music you prefer. I think you will be pleasantly surprised! You don't have to take my word for it. Just do as I did, and sample.
on October 22, 2014
HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY COPY AS OF YET, HEARD ON YOUTUBE, THIS YOUNG LADY IS TRUELY BLESSED BY HER CREATOR, HSE HAS AN OUTSTANDING GIFT, AND SHE IS USING HEER GIFT TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, JUST AS HER CREATOR HAD PLANNED FOR HER,MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS HER AND LEAD HER STEPS, AND MAYBE SOME DAY, I WILL BE BLESSED TO SEE HER IN PERSON, FOR I AM ALSO A NATIVE OF THE GREAT CITY OF NEW YORK, N.Y.
on July 1, 2009
OK, so the year is only half over, but based on the music that has come out over the past few years, this CD is exceptional. Laura sings soul music, plain and simple. It's gutsy, edgy, tuneful, and funky. Nearly every cut is good, and that's a huge compliment. The best part about Laura is that she has her own style. (Izibor reminds me of Alice Smith.) The last track, "Mmmmm" is heavenly. If you don't have it, run out and add this CD to your collection. Highly recommended.
on April 7, 2014
First time I heard this CD from Laura, LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!. I ordered the CD from Amazon, and listened to it over and over. Every song on Let the Truth Be Told, is great, and can't wait for the next one. Blessing to you Laura, I know great things are in store for you. Barbara
on July 7, 2016
Every song is so special, with a voice so multidimensional and lyrics so real and personal.
on December 27, 2016
rare talent
on December 3, 2013
Run out an get this AMAZING Album! It's a MUST bye for self and a love one for the Holidays. All my friends are getting this in their stocking this year. Thanks Laura for sharing your heart, and soul in this album.
on August 9, 2016