Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Let Your Motto Be Resistance: African American Portraits
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 26, 2008
Let Your Motto Be Resistance is a Black photography collection essential! Another classic by Deborah Willis created for the inaugural exhibition of Smithsonian's new National Museum of African American History and Culture. New photos, insightful essays, this book is very well done. I can't wait for the building to be constructed for the National Museum of African American History and Culture in D.C. as a permanent house for our artifacts and history! My other favorites by Deborah Willis are The Black Female Body The Black Female Body: A Photographic History and Black: A Celebration of a Culture Black: A Celebration of a Culture.
on February 18, 2013
I came across this book from a co-worker who was sent it as a gift from the Smithsonian Museum. As I flipped through the first few pages of photography, I knew I had to have it! This book is a collector's item. There are rare and amazing photos that have to be shared. I ordered it the moment I left my co-worker's office and now have on my coffee table. It is always the topic of great discussion and a wonderful journey through the strength of Black history.
on December 30, 2017
I knew this book was used but it was a Chicago Public Library book. It's a lovely book though.
on August 9, 2016
Light on a part of American history that has been hidden in the dark.
on August 6, 2015
Beautifully done.
on May 24, 2016
Exactly what I was looking for and more!
on August 13, 2013
I was much more than satisfied with the quality of this purchase. It greatly exceeded my expectations. I will cherish this work for a long time.
on February 12, 2011
I really don't have much more to say. This book is full of wonderful pictures of black Americans who have made a tremendous impact on society. It's just wonderful.
on February 11, 2009
A wonderful collector's item. Great photos, insightful essays, this book is excellent and very well done. I went to the Smithsonian Museum when this collection of photographs was on display. I often review this book as it represents a walk through history.