Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$9.48+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 249 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 393 reviews
on June 3, 2014
I like Diane Keaton as an actress, so was really looking forward to reading this book, plus it had gotten a good review in a magazine I read. Unfortunately, it was really pretty terrible. Stream of consciousness, name dropping in a very weird way, i.e.: all the time. and I feel like the only thing I learned is that Ms. Keaton seems to be the same person she has played in so many roles, kinda ditzy, with a hippie outlook.
Which is fine, I was just hoping there was more, and that her private persona was less flakey.
That said, she abundantly tells and shows that she is her own person, and the opinions of others don't matter. Except that they do, for all of us, and she seems like she is really trying too hard to explain and to be so different.
I'm bummed.
on July 9, 2014
Was terribly disappointed with the book. It was disjointed and not particularly funny although I think she was trying to be funny. Iove Diane Keaton and have seen most of her films but the book was for the birds
This was the biggest load of claptrap that I have ever read. I had hoped to find out something about this lady's career and relationships but every chapter was dedicated to how quirky/unattractive/insecure she is and it actually didn't inform me at all. A very self indulgent effort - I certainly wouldn't recommend to anyone, in fact, stay well clear would be my advice!
on December 15, 2016
Boring- it was for a book club but I could hardly read it, yuck!
on July 28, 2014
Boring....
on June 12, 2014
Ms. Keaton writes like she talks and it becomes quite tedious to read. I found myself trying to catch my breath as I waited for a paragraph to be over. She uses many descriptive words to describe one noun or incident which I deem overdone. After watching Ms. Keaton on several talk shows touting her book, I really thought there would be more humor. I always like to learn something from what I read and in this case, it didn't happen.
on May 13, 2014
I purchased Diane Keaton's book, as I have enjoyed numerous other autobiographies by famous people. I have to say, Ms Keaton's book seemed pointless and rambling to me. She offers random snippets of stories from her life that are uninteresting and reflect little in the way of gained insight. Overall, the book seems to have no starting point and no conclusion, leaving this reader feeling a bit dissatisfied. Sadly, I would not recommend it.
on May 29, 2014
If you thought that the best parts Diane Keaton has played ...i.e. neurotic, nervous, goofy, unsure of herself...etc...were acting roles, then maybe all needs to be re-evaluated because I came away thinking that her life, her whining, her constant comparison and admiration of all those beautiful rings insecurity loud and long. I sure felt that she IS that person she portrays so well.

and come on, Diane, for someone who complains about aging, sagging muscles and other body parts and how you don't want to have surgery, it seems like you want points or a BADGE for not having it. You certainly dwell on all who have, and none of that info is new or relevant to me.

The only ONLY part of the book that I really liked was the mother role she plays, honestly, with Dexter and Duke. You don't get a break in that role just because you are famous and have money. It is always hard and I'll bet it is a better part for her than any movie role.

I just didn't see the point of the book at all. And because I loved the title and have generally liked her in movies, I thought I would enjoy this but I didn't. Sorry
on June 3, 2014
Wow! I alway thought that Diane Keaton was a beautiful, secure-in-her-own-body woman. This book exposes her as insecure and neurotic as Woody Allen. Though she professes to admire strong women such as Katharine Hepburn, she isn't one. Her obsession with looks and beauty are narcissistic and vapid. I'll keep watching her movies, but I'll never read anything else that she writes.
on April 30, 2014
I can't get through this book. It's awful. Instead of leading the way for women to come to terms with aging and embracing it she turns it into something vile. I've lost so much respect for her. Beauty comes from within and it's not just a superficial surface thing. Wisdom did not come with age for Diane. Don't waste your money!