Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Color: Non-Personalized|Change

Showing 1-10 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on May 7, 2016
It's shiny, clean-looking, and it's a mini sword! The edges are not sharp at all so you can't cut yourself and are probably blunt for safety reasons. Despite the blunt edges, the letter opener is still fun to use to pretend to pick dirt from under your nails like a villain, point at things with, mimic sword attacks from anime (like Saber's Noble Phantasm), and of course, open letters. For opening letters, I would advise cutting at an angle rather than pulling the letter opener straight up horizontally; it works better.

There are only three things I didn't like about the sword letter-opener. The first is that the bible verse was only on one side rather than two; I was hoping that it'd be on both sides. The second is that there is a little deformity (bubbling and rust-looking splotch) near the sword tip on the side of the sword that doesn't have the verse, and finally, the third is that the mini sword is unbalanced. The handle is noticeably heavier than the blade, but this is more of a minor pet peeve than an actual problem.
on May 16, 2014
Got a couple of letter openers recently, and this was certainly the cooler of the two. Gold hilt, silver (dull) blade, oversized for a letter opener, with a Biblical engraving. Definitely 5 stars for a cool idea and design.

But it's too dull to cut ordinary mail without occasionally ripping letters, and the size led me to believe it also might be able to cut the packing tape off of boxes I have shipped to me. Alas, not well--and in fact, I actually bent the blade while applying just moderate pressure to packing tape.

This opener is very slick, but not enough 'show' and too much 'tell'
on December 22, 2014
One at a time, I have purchased 4 of these! The fourth one came today. I am disabled, and cannot do those press and turn caps that are to protect children from getting into meds and such.

I had the new Hebrews 4:12 sword letter opener sitting right there, and I wondered...could it open that? I don't know why I was so surprised that it opened it right up!

Time after time after time, when I try something with this, it does it easily and there is NO risk of it cutting me!

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but to me, these are gifts from God.

I learned something else about opening letters with it. If just going across the top doesn't easily release the paperwork inside, just gently continue around the side of the envelop. Easy-peasy, and works GREAT!

These would of course make fantastic gifts, too. I actually need 4 in my small home. They are so very useful.
My husband hunted far and wide while we were in England for this type of letter opener. He finally found it on Amazon, ordered two of them (one for himself too) and when we came home, our openers had arrived. It's a lovely addition to my snail mail container.
on April 30, 2017
I saw this and that it could be engraved with my name on it and it also had a Bible verse on it, so I spoiled myself and got it. Thanks.
on April 12, 2017
Beautiful, looks expensive, ahs some wieght to it too. I love the scripture on it. It came slightly bent, but husband fixed it.
on January 7, 2016
We recently moved to a new home. In my efforts to pack and be sure I did not misplace my husbands grandfathers sword. My Best laid plans failed! His grandfathers sword had a heavy glass crystal (the size of a baseball) that the sword fit in. So I decided to find one on Amazon. I was shocked at all
the choices on Amazon, but this find was wonderful. The scripture (Hebrews 4:12) reference carved into the blade was an extra special add! The blade fit perfectly into the crystal & my husband loved it!
on January 27, 2014
It's very heavy and feels like a quality piece. The only thing I didn't like was that it isn't very sharp. You can force letters open but they don't get cut open from the blade like other letter openers.
on April 5, 2017
amazing i love it shipped very well and in original box.
on November 27, 2016
I bought this for myself but figured I would let my mom use it since she gets so much mail (I do everything online, but she still orders from magazines and pays bills with checks). This item is well-made and looks great. My mom always keeps it close at hand. I only wish it came with some sort of holder.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.