Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 28, 2015
One of the best biographies I have ever read. I'm reading it for the second time and have purchased a copy for my pastor and recommended it to others. The chapters are just the right length. It is easy to read and to be "caught up" in. Very accurate handling of his relationship with William Cowper, which other authors have mishandled. Memorable book.
on March 18, 2017
The book is great, BUT the Kindle version is a different book than the hardbound copy. The Kindle has hundreds of Newton's letters organized by topic, while this hardbound book has the letters organized by recipient. I didn't read the whole Kindle version, so I don't know whether all the letters are the same in both versions. I've reported this to Amazon.
on October 30, 2014
From reading John Newton's letters, I get the impression that he was uncompromisingly Biblical in his beliefs & doctrine , but , as a person , seems very genuine & kind. I wish that we were able to keep up writing correspondences like that these days. I bought the book for myself but enjoyed it so much that I soon bought another copy to send to a friend --who is also enjoying it very much.
on March 25, 2014
Without sitting down and writing an advice book, John Newton did write personal letters to real people with Biblical exhortation applied to actual situations. The letters in this book share similarities with the minor epistles (written by Paul, John, Peter and Jude) - but not in a Canonical sense, mind you.
I wish I had heard about this book a long time ago - it's good stuff.
on March 2, 2014
I have been provoked to deeper thinking through these letters. Whether I like a person's ideas or not, when they cn provoke me to deeper thinking, this makes them a worthy read.
on January 12, 2011
This book is written in old-fashioned language and may be hard for some to follow. But if you can press in for the timeless nuggets of advice it is well worth it. I have purchased this book for many of my friends who are in ministry of some kind or another. Some have returned it to me unread. But many others have asked where they can order their own copy. My own book is well-marked and I re-read it about every other year. I highly recommend this book!
on September 18, 2015
Great!!
on July 31, 2014
A wonderful book with many truths that need to be rediscovered by this generation.
on December 28, 2014
met expectations...thanks..
on July 20, 2013
I got surprised by it's promt arrival. Thank you a lot! I do certainly love it! Can't wait to finish reading it!