BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 7, 2017
This is a book that I keep next to my bed, and when I take trips it goes in my suitcase. I've given this book away several times and plan to give it away more, but I always buy a new one. Sometimes it's like looking into the mirror of western civilization, others it's like looking at our cultural family tree, but most of the time it's a book that consoles me and offers new perspectives no matter what I'm dealing with in life.

On my shelf this book is next to the Bible, the Tao Te Ching, and Stephen King.

It's also a book I've read passages aloud to my younger siblings during a day in the park -- that was no easy task -- but they were held captive by the introspection this book helps to trigger.
on August 20, 2017
I originally wanted to give this book 4 stars because of its awkwardly large size, however over time I have grown very fond of its notoriety and ease of use. I use it much like a devotional, often reading a letter every morning and night and while it is not in plane travel worthy, it is perfect for the desk, coffee table, and front room book shelf for ease of access.

If you are a heavy annotator, as I am, this book will suit you as there is a little more room for personal notes and summations.
on November 17, 2014
After reading Letters From A Stoic, I found myself wondering a lot about my life and the decisions that have brought me to my present state. This book has a lot of wisdom that I have never realized. It allowed me to analyze things and conclude that I can change my mind set for the better.
on October 9, 2017
A must read for any stoic
on November 10, 2014
I read Seneca's letters and found them very interesting. They teach how to live a happy life, despite the many sufferings people undergo. We find lots of wisdom hidden in them. There is always room to learn.
on December 17, 2016
Really interesting- the more things change the more they stay the same!
Lots of references to things/people/Gds that can be hard to follow but the gems still shine through. Very worthwhile.
on July 19, 2015
Age old wisdom , each and every world valid till this very present time .Many of the teachings correlate with Gita and Swami Vivekananda's teachings!
on October 3, 2017
Of the ancient Stoics, Seneca speaks to me the most clearly. Perhaps that is more of a testament to the translation.
on December 27, 2016
I read one or two letters every day. I've been criticized for being too stoical, but Seneca allows me to feel okay about that.
on December 31, 2016
Solid read. Well presented based on these historical letters and does a good job overall of capturing your attention. Cheers!