Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 9, 2017
A must read for any stoic
on December 17, 2016
Really interesting- the more things change the more they stay the same!
Lots of references to things/people/Gds that can be hard to follow but the gems still shine through. Very worthwhile.
on July 19, 2015
Age old wisdom , each and every world valid till this very present time .Many of the teachings correlate with Gita and Swami Vivekananda's teachings!
2 helpful votes
on December 31, 2016
Solid read. Well presented based on these historical letters and does a good job overall of capturing your attention. Cheers!
on February 4, 2017
There is so much wisdom to be found in Senecas letters! I recommend to anyone that is interested in stoic philosophy!
on September 23, 2017
perfect!
on August 9, 2016
As I've been reading this, I find the letters of Seneca very appropriate to our modern times and wish I'd read them when I was 30 years younger.
on October 28, 2016
Philosophy as is should be. A guide to right living with real examples. Agree with everything which is highly unusual for me.
on March 21, 2015
This book is spectacular, but advertised as containing audio version as well. The end of the book has a chapter called "Link to free audio recording of Seneca's Letters." The chapter just says "The Letters of Seneca," with no link. The text is not live either, so it's not like you touch it and it goes to the link in question.
review image
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 14, 2014
I got this book after hearing people rave about the Stoic philosophy. Seneca's letters are witty and entertaining while also subtly outlining how to put the Stoic ideas into practical use. This is a book that I will keep forever. One of the best books I have read in ages.