Consider these available items
Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm Rifle Scope
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14 x 3.3 x 3 inches|
|Item Weight||1.3 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Model #174665 - VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm with Tri-MOA reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Made with 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum and punisher tested to guarantee a lifetime of performance even under harshest recoil.
- Twilight Light Management System - Adds up to 10 extra minutes of shooting light and reduces glare for crisp image quality.
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Magnification Range: 4x-12x
- Weight: 13.10 oz.
- Length: 12.17 in.
- Maintube Diameter: 1 inch
- Eye Relief (in) - Low: 4.92
- Eye Relief (in) - High: 3.74
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) - Low: 21.50
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) - High: 10.00
The new VX-Freedom delivers the legendary Leupold performance and dependability hunters and shooters have demanded for decades, combined with a host of new and improved features. The VX-Freedom is guaranteed to get the job done every time.
- Lightweight, rugged performance
- Unparalleled low light performance
- Designed, machined, & assembled in the USA
Twilight Light Management System
Leupold's Twilight Light Management systems delivers industry leading brightness and clarity by balancing light transmission, glare reduction, and image contrast and resolution ensuring a crisp image in any lighting condition.
Twilight Max HD Light Management System
Designed, Machined, & Assembled in the USA
Proprietary gas blend and seals are tested by us to a 33-foot depth and a multitude of pressure changes.
Every Leupold riflescope is designed to survive a minimum of 5,000 impacts on the Punisher, Leupold’s recoil simulation machine. The force of each impact is 3x the recoil of a .308 rifle.
All Leupold riflescopes are tested by us to perform from -40ºF to 160ºF.
The next generation of shooters deserves a new standard for quality and ruggedness in their riflescopes. With the VX-Freedom you get best-in-class optics that produce a crisp, clear image with repeatable accuracy. It’s everything you’d expect from a Leupold - designed, machined, and assembled in our Oregon factory, tested to the same ruggedness standards as our top-tier riflescopes, and guaranteed for a lifetime of performance.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 14 x 3.3 x 3 inches; 1.3 Pounds
- Item model number : 174665
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : January 30, 2018
- Manufacturer : Leupold
- ASIN : B079G59Q79
Best Sellers Rank:
#401,934 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #1,013 in Rifle Scopes
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now the cons
The only thing I can say is the power numbers and the number on the turret look a little cheap put on but that’s really me being overly critical but it’s probably simplified to a much more cost friendly process and it doesn’t bother me. If your looking for a simple reticle without a lot of stuff on the glass I would recommend this to anyone looking to get into shooting who may not want/able to spend a lot of money on a scope.
I did not know this before I ordered it but there is a small locking ring behind the eye focus piece so once you get it set for you finger tighten down the ring and now you don’t have to worry about the eye piece moving. Pretty cool and simple idea
Having guided for years I have seen many a Leupold hit the ground and bounce off rocks then shoot an elk at 300 yards with no change in zero. I have high hopes that this scope will stand true to Leupold form. Make no mistake, this scope is a bare bones model, a hunters scope. That said it has good glass and is made by Leupold here in America.
I am hopeful the scope will test out and will be buying more if this one holds it's point of impact.
Having run many different brands of scopes, on everything from .204 to .300 Weatherby, none have held their zero. My expectations are high.
Big thanks to Leupold for putting out a scope that can be aforded by someone who works for a living! And thank's to Cove Creek Outfitter's for the helping on their end with the sales price.
Sincerely, Tobin W.
However, I also bought two Nikon Buckmaster II BDC 4-12x40's at roughly the same time. The Nikon is $100 less and personally I prefer it to this Leupold. I want to stress you can not go wrong with either of these scopes. Just from my experience the Nikon has performed as well or better for a much more attractive price.