Leupold VX-R Patrol Riflescope
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Leupold Model #113771 - VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm with Illum. Fire Dot TMR reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fog proof, & shockproof
- Illuminated Reticle, ideal for lowlight conditions
- Motion Sensor Technology extends battery life by deactivating illumination after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Twilight Light Management System adds up to 10 extra minutes of glassing light
- Made with 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum and punisher tested to a lifetime of performance even under harshest recoil
- 30mm main tube offers incredible strength and increased range of wind age and elevation adjustment
- Designed, machined, and assembled in the USA
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm
- Magnification Range: 3x-9x
- Weight: 16.3 oz.
- Length: 12.84 in.
- Maintube Diameter: 30mm
- Eye Relief (in) - Low: 4.17
- Eye Relief (in) - High: 3.66
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) - Low: 33.7
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) - High: 13.6
In unpredictable conditions or volatile situations, you need something you can count on, like the precision of your VX-R Patrol riflescope. Under stress, the illuminated FireDot reticle with eight settings gets you on target fast, even in harsh daylight. With lightweight handling for speed, it’s at home on patrol rifles, hunting rifles, and anywhere else it’s needed.
- Lightweight, rugged performance
- Unparalleled low light performance
- Designed, machined, & assembled in the USA
Twilight Light Management System
Leupold's Twilight Light Management systems delivers industry leading brightness and clarity by balancing light transmission, glare reduction, and image contrast and resolution ensuring a crisp image in any lighting condition.
Twilight Red Dot Light Management System
Designed, Machined, & Assembled in the USA
Proprietary gas blend and seals are tested to a 33-foot depth and a multitude of pressure changes.
Every Leupold riflescope is designed to survive a minimum of 5,000 impacts on the Punisher, Leupold’s recoil simulation machine. The force of each impact is 3x the recoil of a .308 rifle.
All Leupold riflescopes are tested to perform from -40ºF to 160ºF.
Compare with similar items
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9X40mm Riflescope
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope
Leupold VX-R 1.25-4x20mm Riflescope
Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm Riflescope
Leupold Mark MOD 1 3-9x40mm Riflescope
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Shoot Straight||Shoot Straight||Shoot Straight|
|Item Weight||0.96 lbs||1.20 lbs||0.63 lbs||0.72 lbs||7.20 ounces||1.20 lbs|
|Objective Lens Diameter||40 millimeters||40.00 millimeters||40.00 millimeters||20 millimeters||40 millimeters||40 millimeters|
|Size||3-9x40mm||3-9x40mm||Matte, Duplex (170680)||1.25-4x20mm||3-9x40mm||3-9x40mm|
Color: Illum. FireDot TMR (113771)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, I could not get the fire dot to light up consistently. Would shut off at the worst times. I found out the problem was I had tightened the cap down too tight. Once I loosened the cap a bit all has worked perfectly ever since. Seems weird that there is no stop of some kind to avoid that. I did not over-tighten it in my opinion the first time, but apparently so...
Second, in walking back and forth from targets I realized I was somehow hitting the adjustment knobs with my knee while slung (I think). Easy enough to figure out one I noticed that the knob was not set at zero but I did have point of impact inconsistancy before I noticed that. Beware. You REALLY (REALLY!) need to zero the knobs or you won't know where zero is if you bump these knobs. Zeroing the knobs is easy, just make sure you do it on any scope with exposed knobs like this.
I am happy with the scope now that I know these two things, and expect this to last a lifetime like any leupold. I gave it 4 stars only mainly because of the lack of a cap stop but would be a 5 otherwise.
almost every hunt or you get a flickering dot.
Great quality picture, good eye relief. The FireDot is neat, but probably unnecessary in most daytime shooting scenarios, since the reticle is relatively thick, and easily visible. The increased reticle visibility can be quite helpful, but at the cost of long-range precision.