Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on November 13, 2011
This is an excellent set of talks which synthesises much of rohr's writings on meditation, contemplation and the relationship between prayer, faith and religion. for someone looking for a brief intro to the main themes of his recent writings I can think of no better start than reading this book.
on May 1, 2015
This book opens the door to the idea of being 'in the world, but not of the world'. Using a variety of examples, as Rohr usually does, he points to ways we can develop the necessary perspective and ties to relate our inner world in ways that potential benefit the outer world.

The book is probably best read by someone who has already attempted or successfully adopted some spiritual practices and is interested in learning how to make best use of their benefits.
on November 24, 2012
Kindle version: Providing in each chapter new insights about contemplation and transformation, this work also incorporates concepts familiar to Rohr students. The desire to capture for review whole paragraphs and small phrases actually forced me beyond my previous avoidance of the Kindle Fire highlighter. The writing was healing, encouraging, and challenging. While it starts out interesting and gets stronger with every chapter, perhaps my favorite was Chapter 8: Finding Our Charism, which gives insight into the struggle to discern and develop gifts for the work of justice and charity.
on June 18, 2013
The most important book I've read as far as understanding the meaning of life, how we live well, and how to make an individual life better on the inside. The outside stuff of living bogs down the mind, and doesn't really improve our lives in the grand scheme of things. Very clearly written.
on August 7, 2012
Richard Rohr is a fabulous author. This book is being used with a discussion group to enhance our spirituality! He has a great way of making one examine their belief structures to distinguish what's worth keeeping and what needs to be discarded! So far, so good!
on March 18, 2013
Another great book on the interplay between action and contemplation. He always has fresh new ways of approaching his material and this one is no exception. I love how Thomas Merton presents contemplation in New Seeds of Contemplation. But Richard is much easier to understand. I found that returning to Merton after reading Richard gives me a fresh insight into what Merton has to say. Well written.
on May 31, 2015
For those of us who search for meaning in their Christian walk, Fr. Richard Rohr provides excellent examples of Spiritual contemplation, as he guides us through church history and it's mystics, (St. Augustine, St. Bonaventure, St. Francis, and many more). A must read for those who are searching for a better understanding...
on February 25, 2013
I was heartened to see that Rohr has begun to appreciate John Main's work. Main, Rohr, Merton, Keating, Shannon, Finley and many others are talking about the same thing, and we should not become factionally divided on it.
He brings together a lot of his work and concerns, from male spiritual needs and to contemporary prophecy to the joining of active and contemplative life.
This is worthwhile for both beginners and old hands at contemplation.
on March 10, 2013
Probably if you like one of Richard Rohr's books you like them all. His ecumenical approach to religion, contemplation and prayer fairly liberate the reader from the familiar dogmas, rituals and liturgies that interfere with the human understanding of God. Although it is not for speedreaders, it is a path well taken and extremely rewarding. Time well spent for one's soul.
on February 21, 2013
I liked this so much that I got a copy for a friend of mine. The contemplative stance is very important to me and my spirituality. Richard Rohr is so "up to date" with his writings. Anyone interested in growing in their relationship with the Almighty will find this a helpful book. I'm sure I'll read it more than once before I pass it on.