Leverage: The Final Season
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. To show Loyalty to our gang and let TNT know we're willing to spend for our team
2. So we can take the box with us on vacation or anywhere to share
3. The outtakes, gag reel, deleted scenes, are all eagerly awaited
4. AND THE COMMENTARIES!! Every episode of Leverage has a commentary with John Rogers and others. Who does that?
Leverage ran for five seasons with the team of modern day Robin Hoods living in Chicago, Boston and Portland (finally). The first season was filmed in Chicago (exteriors, pilot) and sound stages in L.A. The next four seasons were filmed in Portland, which doubled as every other location in the world, including Boston where the team was based seasons 2-4. Finally Portland played Portland in Season 5 when the team had to flee Boston. They relocated their headquarters in The Bridgetown Brew Pub, using a sound stage for interiors, but the real pub of that name for the exteriors.
Only 15 episodes make up season 5. When TNT did not renew "on time" in the summer while filming, the creators / producers / writers Dean Devlin, John Rogers & Chris Downey decided to give fans an ending they deserved. Many loopholes were left for the team to reunite as usual or with different twists should they be renewed for a sixth season. While I could spoil away here, I will wait. For awhile. We'll see.
Leverage is a fun ride with excellent writing. No gratuitous sex, swearing and the violence isn't of a permanent nature (they don't kill people).Read more ›
1. The concept is clever: 5 misfits, each with special talents and skills, band together to help those bullied and victimized by the powerful.
2. The writing is excellent: Not a boring episode in 5 seasons; interesting subject matter; the 5 main characters are well-drawn, have distinctive personalities and interesting back stories.
3. The acting by the 5 main characters -- Academy-award winner Timothy Hutton as the mastermind, the versatile Gina Bellman as the grifter, Aldis Hodge as the computer genius hacker, Christian Kane as the glowering but good-hearted hitter, and fan-favorite Beth Riesgraf as the funny quirky thief -- and guest stars, notably Jerri Ryan, is simply superb.
4. Leverage succeeded in achieving all that with no trash talking, no obscenity or profanity, no nudity, but with intelligent and interesting plots and engaging characters for whom viewers grow to care and love.
I am dumbfounded and incredulous that the bureaucrats at TNT actually cancelled this show, and I'm heartbroken that we will no longer see more Leverage from this impressive writing-directing-acting team.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've only had time to purchase & view the 1st of the season's show...I don't think I'll ever get caught up on my movie viewing They're so many good ones out there. Read morePublished 8 days ago by JudieGorman
Characters are all individual personalities which makes this series great.Published 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
The series us full of humor, excitement, drama. Never a dull moment.Published 1 month ago by Karen Curry
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > TV