Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 16, 2016
I like a snug fit, not tight, just a bit snug. The jeans fit fine when I first put them on but get looser and looser. The pocket seem too low and I end up sitting on my wallet while driving. Feels like I am sitting on a rock. Pockets used to ride higher and on the upper half of the butt cheek, not the lower as most jeans do today. Too many learn even ones that say regular fit are designed for todays fashion of loose fitting low hanging jeans. I have bought hear that say regular fit and in an hour they are falling off me. This is nuts. Although the length is 30 inseam, the cut of the jean makes it look like and feel like 32. I shave been taking a 33/30 for some time. I used to take a 32 /30 but that is too tight now. Maybe the jeans will fit better in a few washings. Even regular cut jeans fit baggy these days. I see guys wearing their jeans below their butts and the crotch down by the knees, their underwear shows na sometimes there butt crack. The world is nuts these days. I felt Levi would be a good choice but for me, only average. Please return to the cut of the past not the loose baggy styles of today that are now "regular."
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 29, 2017
OK, I would really like these jeans, except they are too long (not too large). The inseam is listed as 32 inches, but it is actually 33.25. Unfortunately, my inseam is 31", but I can work with jeans at 32". Those at 33.25" must be hemmed--extra expense. Otherwise, good look and fit.

Hmm, wonder if the 30" inseams are actually 31.25"?

Good Luck
on September 11, 2016
I've purchased at least six pairs of these jeans in the last year, year and a half and never wrote a review.
For the most part I am extremely satisfied with all my jeans except some fit better than the others but not enough to complain about. It all depends on where the jeans were made; I checked the labels and all the pairs from Indonesia fit perfectly. A couple of others have too much material in the front area around the zipper that detracts from the slimming effect this style that I like about 517s. With six pairs I try and rotate each pair and the errant pair doesn't surface right away. Just something to keep an eye on in buying these jeans. Not all are created equal; some are more equal than others ;). If I remember to segment the odd pair out next time they show I can provide more info if you like.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on November 17, 2017
It is great to be able to buy these classic jeans on line. He has been wearing this style and size for 15+ years, and this size is hard to find in any of the stores around here. I washed them first, and then he wore them with no problem. They match the ones he has perfectly.
on July 30, 2017
I purchased these for my son to show his horse in (equestrian team). He is in between adult and boys sizes but needed something with extra length. These were perfect. I was disappointed that this size cost more than the typical sizes, but all in all they were a quality pair of jeans.
on April 1, 2016
got these bootcut cause i will wear w/boots, but any type works for that if you add an inch to length. the problem: the 517's are tight in the thigh by the time i get the waist small enough to fit my waist size cause my body is more athletic build.
3 helpful votes
on December 2, 2014
The 517s are not available at a lot of local, brick & mortar stores now. I've owned several 517s in the past. They are wearing out. They need replaced. I know what to expect in size and fit from past pairs of Levi's 517s. I did not want to "experiment" in buying/ordering other blue jeans. 517s look and "feel" like what I think I want to wear. I wish Levis were more colorfast and their knees wear out too soon. Levis could make the front of the legs' from heavier fabric than the back of the legs. The front pockets could be made from heavier (more wear resistant) fabric material than currently. My Wranglers are a little more comfortable for working in the yard, can be less expensive, but look a little "baggy." Also, I wish Levi's and Wranglers blue jeans had one or two more belt loops. I may remove old blue jeans' belt loops and sew onto newer ones.
on September 30, 2014
These boot cut jeans are simply my favorite. I know I can order my size and they will fit. And sure enough this is what happened again. Of course I know of no women that can do this, but most men, I believe could do this with Levi 517 Boot Cut Jeans. I think once a women found her levi size, she could do the same. LOL, but I wont argue the point.

These jeans are well made and are consistent in size and workmanship. I wear cowboy boots (yes, and ride a Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2012). It's important to me to feel like I look my best and be comfortable. This is what I get from wearing Levi's Men's 517 Boot Cut Jeans. I just don't know how you could go wrong.

I got my best price on Amazon (though, other places may have same price, I got a better deal, since I am an Amazon Prime member. So, here you can get the best and get a bit more by being a Prime member, it has more than paid for itself already). Plus I did not have to go anywhere and look for my size (36 inseam is not always easy to find).

I recommend Levi's 517 boot cut to all and recommend Amazon Prime to those that like to shop from home for an even better deal, no driving around either. Levi has been consistent with these jeans for a few years now, so I am a happy camper and you will too if you try it out.

Also, these jeans when new can look great. I recently went to my wife's class reunion which since it is a small school the dress for their events varies from jeans to suites ~ your choice. Well, I choose a new pair of black 517 with a crisp white shirt, my polished cowboy boots and a black leather (lamb) travel coat and was told I looked great and I did feel great too.

Thanks and best regards.
on May 9, 2015
Ordered the 517 boot cut stonewash by mistake, thought I had picked the original ridged ones but not a problem, I kept them because the fit was good. My dislike on the stonewash ones I received was that it had 3 different colors of threading, very little original orange thread and the rest was a light and dark yellow which looks stupid ! Just mentioning this to make you aware of what you might receive ordering the stonewash. I do like the fact that they have 7 belt loops like the old days and not 5 like I have received in the past 10 years. This was the most I ever paid for Levis but couldn't find a better price at this time. Last ones I ordered direct from Levis and also from Sheppler's paying from a low of $27 on a 2 pants order to a high of $37, both with free shipping. Amazon's service was excellent on this order. 2017 UPDATE. Switched to Wrangler after 50 plus years and not going back. Levi is double the price and their Quality TOOK A DUMP ! The Wranglers I bought are $20, The fit is Great and the Quality and consistency of the material is spot on. In my opinion you should at least check the Wranglers out before you make your purchase.
on September 30, 2014
I have not worn a pair of Levi's in years. This pair was at a sale price so I decided to give them a try. I must say I am happy that I did not buy them at full price. These are fashion jeans at best. The denim is of light weight and it does feel like it could hold up. I think they are okay for wearing in the city but if you live like I do look out. You will have to be careful so they don't tear. This is NOT the best pair of jeans I have ever owned. That said they fit right, they are good enough to wear out in town. I don't have a any real reason to send them back. I will wear them when I visit my girlfriend in Europe so she won't make me buy what they pass off as blue jeans there. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS LEVI'S HAS LOST IT'S SOUL. Also it is skating on it's reputation so it can sell it's jeans to hipsters that don't know any better. That and I don't think I will buy them again.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.