Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 16, 2017
The jeans fit like I hoped they would. I'm 6-ft 270-lbs and carry most of that weight above my hips, so I wanted jeans narrow in the butt and hips. I used to wear 505s, but the bigger that style get's in the waist, the baggier they get on me. So why only three stars you ask? The material is not as heavy as it used to be, I don't think. On the inside leg seam there is only one row of stitching where there used to be two, which may or may not effect the durability of that seam. The dye in the rinse version I bought, turned the inside of the washer and dryer a light blue. Wife not happy about that. Hope none of her whites get a blue tint, cause I'll be in deep dodo. I wanted dark colored jeans, but would not order these again. I may try the stonewashed ones that are already faded. I was glad to see seven belt loops. I think all denim jeans should have that many.
on March 4, 2017
Bought Levi's since I was a kid. These are seconds being sold full price. What are seconds? Miscut, missewed, whatever you want to call them, rejects! Bought them for work pants and they'll do, but I won't take the chance and order pants on line. I can go anywhere that sells Levi's, grab a pair in my size, and without trying them on they'll fit perfectly. Not these! That's how I know they're seconds. Even the belt loops aren't right and smaller.
on September 14, 2013
I have lived in 501's since the early 70's. Comfortable!
back then, Levis came out with a flared bottom, but was not bell bottoms, but were wider than 501's. they were not todays 517's.
They were skinnier or tighter at the knees, and wider at the bottom,but that was the fashion back then.
I love 501's. My 'thing' with them was the bottom opening was always so small.
ok for tennis shoes, but for wearing boots, they were too small around the ankle, making the entire boot look too long. simply because they were so narrow, the could not go down any lower on the boot. hahaha
I love to wear black biker boots, with a taller 2' heel for easier shifting thru gears. these 517's are wider at the bottom, so the jean bottom rides lower on the boot, only exposing the very top of my round boots, so it looks sexy for a guy. I have had a lot of compliments from mostly women. they seem to like that look for themselves, most people like a smaller foot / shoe profile.
The 517's fit the hips, and butt better too. My 501's always make my butt look flat, these give it a little better shape. I work out, and do leg squats, so my butt is not flat! I wear the boots and jeans to work on our 'lax day' Friday.
Monday thru Thursday, its business casual, at least for us in the office.
This last Friday, I was walking thru the front door, and some guys were kidding me " wheres the guitar?" " you look and dress like a rock star!" hahaha
I love my lighter blue 517's!
the combination of the lighter blue jean, with black leather boots looks tough, manly, and sexy.
I still love the 501's, for pure comfort, but these 517's are in a league of their own.
Thanks to Amazon, the price is great!
OH- size is different! !!!!
my 501's are 34x34. I had to exchange 517's until I found the correct fit due fitting higher on the hip, and longer at the legs.
my 517's are 36x32.
sounds weird, but a few guys I ride with, who also have 517's say the same thing. one size UP (waist)and one size DOWN (length) from a 501.
on May 9, 2015
Ordered the 517 boot cut stonewash by mistake, thought I had picked the original ridged ones but not a problem, I kept them because the fit was good. My dislike on the stonewash ones I received was that it had 3 different colors of threading, very little original orange thread and the rest was a light and dark yellow which looks stupid ! Just mentioning this to make you aware of what you might receive ordering the stonewash. I do like the fact that they have 7 belt loops like the old days and not 5 like I have received in the past 10 years. This was the most I ever paid for Levis but couldn't find a better price at this time. Last ones I ordered direct from Levis and also from Sheppler's paying from a low of $27 on a 2 pants order to a high of $37, both with free shipping. Amazon's service was excellent on this order. 2017 UPDATE. Switched to Wrangler after 50 plus years and not going back. Levi is double the price and their Quality TOOK A DUMP ! The Wranglers I bought are $20, The fit is Great and the Quality and consistency of the material is spot on. In my opinion you should at least check the Wranglers out before you make your purchase.
on October 5, 2016
After a few bad experiences with QC (501's; 527's), I was set to write off Levi's forever. Fortunately, I received some 527's and 517's for Christmas (2016) and my faith has been restored. To begin with, I should note that I have the moves and physique like Jagger, and so when comparing with the 527's (slim-boot cut), I prefer the 527's much more for my physique. That said, here are some pros and cons for the 517's.

PROS:
Heavy duty denim. The stonewash is the same heavy duty denim that you were sporting back in 80's junior high school. No stretch or thin denim here.

Fit. Unlike my Wrangler boot (not cowboy) cut jeans, which I really like, these jeans will not be too tight for you. Nor will they be too loose. They fit perfectly over my boots.

For the reasons listed above, I find these to be a great pair of work jeans. They'll hold up, and you'll be comfortable while getting stuff done.

CONS:
Appearance. With my physique, I was very pleased when the modern fit became popular again. I don't necessarily feel too trendy while wearing the 527's, but I feel comfortable and normal. When i wear these 517's, I feel like I look my dad and grandpa 100 years ago. When they wore jeans like this, we all thought nothing of it because there were no other options. But now, with the 527's available, I prefer those. These seem just a little too roomy/boxy for my taste.

All in all, if you do not care for slim fit jeans or you're simply getting jeans to work in, these are a good choice. If you want to look a bit more modern, then perhaps consider the 527's.

Final note: if you want to know the weight of the denim jeans you are buying, you will have to head on over to the Levi's web site to figure that out.

Peace.
on October 20, 2015
The jeans I received had a faded line along the edge of the fold, where the jeans had been folded into the package. This faded line did not disappear or fade with washing. I have worn Levi's jeans for years and this is the first pair that have been disappointing in quality.
review image
on February 6, 2018
I was able to order this pair of Levis using sizing from a pair of 517's at home that fit well. Things that I liked about this order included: (1) the promptness of the delivery, (2) the excellent packaging, (3) the fit of the garment, (4) the color of the jeans, and (5) the boot cut tailoring that will not become "high water" after a few washes. I was hesitant to mail order jeans since I usually have to try on a number of jeans at the store to find a pair that fits. No disappointment here. Thank you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2017
The fabric does not feel the same from 2-3 years ago when I wear Levi's Men's 517 Boot Cut Jean, VIP. The old ones provides a little bit of stretch and smooth. This black one feels like having a piece of rug. You are not going to love this.
on November 9, 2017
Husband has always worn Levi’s 517s. They fit like he wants them to and he likes them. He says his only complaint is how much thinner the material is these days, but Levi’s are way better than some of the other brands out there.
on March 29, 2017
OK, I would really like these jeans, except they are too long (not too large). The inseam is listed as 32 inches, but it is actually 33.25. Unfortunately, my inseam is 31", but I can work with jeans at 32". Those at 33.25" must be hemmed--extra expense. Otherwise, good look and fit.

Hmm, wonder if the 30" inseams are actually 31.25"?

Good Luck

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.