Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Levi's Mens Men's 517 Boot Cut Rigid Jeans 35 X 30
Size: 35W x 30L|Color: Rigid|Change

on March 12, 2017
These 517's are the real deal. I've not changed my pants for forty some years. Still wearing Levis! But I was getting close to changing because of the thinner, cheaper denim they've been using lately. I was happy to see as I had been led to believe, that these are the same old sturdy, stiff and thicker denim. They call this "Raw Unwashed Denim". So if you're looking for the original thickness, make sure you order the "Raw Unwashed" version. I knocked them down to a 4 star only because of the price. You can buy them cheaper elsewhere but I paid the higher price because of the return policy. If they weren't the heavier denim, they would have been sent right back.
Hope this helps you!
Ted
9 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 4, 2017
Bought Levi's since I was a kid. These are seconds being sold full price. What are seconds? Miscut, missewed, whatever you want to call them, rejects! Bought them for work pants and they'll do, but I won't take the chance and order pants on line. I can go anywhere that sells Levi's, grab a pair in my size, and without trying them on they'll fit perfectly. Not these! That's how I know they're seconds. Even the belt loops aren't right and smaller.
11 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2017
Really disappointed in Levi's current fit and quality. I won't be ordering this brand again. I'm old enough to remember when Levi was domestically made and a quality product....not anymore on either count.
I've since discovered that Wrangler sticks to their advertised fit and finish not to mention that Wrangler is now the new benchmark for durability for those of us that are in need of a really rugged denim jean.

Capt'n Larry A. Phillips
8 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2017
The jeans fit like I hoped they would. I'm 6-ft 270-lbs and carry most of that weight above my hips, so I wanted jeans narrow in the butt and hips. I used to wear 505s, but the bigger that style get's in the waist, the baggier they get on me. So why only three stars you ask? The material is not as heavy as it used to be, I don't think. On the inside leg seam there is only one row of stitching where there used to be two, which may or may not effect the durability of that seam. The dye in the rinse version I bought, turned the inside of the washer and dryer a light blue. Wife not happy about that. Hope none of her whites get a blue tint, cause I'll be in deep dodo. I wanted dark colored jeans, but would not order these again. I may try the stonewashed ones that are already faded. I was glad to see seven belt loops. I think all denim jeans should have that many.
5 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2016
I like a snug fit, not tight, just a bit snug. The jeans fit fine when I first put them on but get looser and looser. The pocket seem too low and I end up sitting on my wallet while driving. Feels like I am sitting on a rock. Pockets used to ride higher and on the upper half of the butt cheek, not the lower as most jeans do today. Too many learn even ones that say regular fit are designed for todays fashion of loose fitting low hanging jeans. I have bought hear that say regular fit and in an hour they are falling off me. This is nuts. Although the length is 30 inseam, the cut of the jean makes it look like and feel like 32. I shave been taking a 33/30 for some time. I used to take a 32 /30 but that is too tight now. Maybe the jeans will fit better in a few washings. Even regular cut jeans fit baggy these days. I see guys wearing their jeans below their butts and the crotch down by the knees, their underwear shows na sometimes there butt crack. The world is nuts these days. I felt Levi would be a good choice but for me, only average. Please return to the cut of the past not the loose baggy styles of today that are now "regular."
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 30, 2015
I wear a 33 34 505. Decided to try some 517.
Ordered 33 34. Tried them on, and they seemed OK, a bit tighter than the 505. Then I washed them. Not I have clown pants that I cannot button or zip. Length after washing is near 2 inches shorter than the 505 after washing. Waist is at least an inch tighter. Not happy. Photo shows difference in length between 505 and 517.
review image
10 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on September 14, 2013
I have lived in 501's since the early 70's. Comfortable!
back then, Levis came out with a flared bottom, but was not bell bottoms, but were wider than 501's. they were not todays 517's.
They were skinnier or tighter at the knees, and wider at the bottom,but that was the fashion back then.
I love 501's. My 'thing' with them was the bottom opening was always so small.
ok for tennis shoes, but for wearing boots, they were too small around the ankle, making the entire boot look too long. simply because they were so narrow, the could not go down any lower on the boot. hahaha
I love to wear black biker boots, with a taller 2' heel for easier shifting thru gears. these 517's are wider at the bottom, so the jean bottom rides lower on the boot, only exposing the very top of my round boots, so it looks sexy for a guy. I have had a lot of compliments from mostly women. they seem to like that look for themselves, most people like a smaller foot / shoe profile.
The 517's fit the hips, and butt better too. My 501's always make my butt look flat, these give it a little better shape. I work out, and do leg squats, so my butt is not flat! I wear the boots and jeans to work on our 'lax day' Friday.
Monday thru Thursday, its business casual, at least for us in the office.
This last Friday, I was walking thru the front door, and some guys were kidding me " wheres the guitar?" " you look and dress like a rock star!" hahaha
I love my lighter blue 517's!
the combination of the lighter blue jean, with black leather boots looks tough, manly, and sexy.
I still love the 501's, for pure comfort, but these 517's are in a league of their own.
Thanks to Amazon, the price is great!
OH- size is different! !!!!
my 501's are 34x34. I had to exchange 517's until I found the correct fit due fitting higher on the hip, and longer at the legs.
my 517's are 36x32.
sounds weird, but a few guys I ride with, who also have 517's say the same thing. one size UP (waist)and one size DOWN (length) from a 501.
9 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2017
I always wear the same levi;s 517 boot cut 32 x 34 and they always fit but this pair of levi's 517 boot cut 32 x 34 is way too small.. I always wash them before I wear them and like I said this is the ONLY brand and style I ever buy so generally I don't have to try them on before I wash them. This pair I have to spray the waist with water and stretch them before I can even get them buttoned. I don't know if the wrong tags got put on them or just a different assembly line that their measurements are a bit different but these are definitely not the regular Levi's 517 boot cut 32 x 34 that I usually get, and I have been ordering these online for the last 15 years.So buyer beware of the size changes and try them on before washing even if you buy the same style and size every time. So after a couple more washes I probably won't even be able to get them on. What a waist of good money due to inconsistency of sizes from the assembly lines or mistagging the item.
3 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2015
Ordered the 517 boot cut stonewash by mistake, thought I had picked the original ridged ones but not a problem, I kept them because the fit was good. My dislike on the stonewash ones I received was that it had 3 different colors of threading, very little original orange thread and the rest was a light and dark yellow which looks stupid ! Just mentioning this to make you aware of what you might receive ordering the stonewash. I do like the fact that they have 7 belt loops like the old days and not 5 like I have received in the past 10 years. This was the most I ever paid for Levis but couldn't find a better price at this time. Last ones I ordered direct from Levis and also from Sheppler's paying from a low of $27 on a 2 pants order to a high of $37, both with free shipping. Amazon's service was excellent on this order. 2017 UPDATE. Switched to Wrangler after 50 plus years and not going back. Levi is double the price and their Quality TOOK A DUMP ! The Wranglers I bought are $20, The fit is Great and the Quality and consistency of the material is spot on. In my opinion you should at least check the Wranglers out before you make your purchase.
3 people found this helpful
on April 10, 2018
Beware of the sizing and make sure you buy from a seller who offers free returns, and try these on as soon as you get them!

Levi's 517 Boot Cuts have been my go-to pants for as long as I can remember. I bought this pair recently and they fit perfectly.

However, the previous pair I bought were labeled correctly for the size I ordered, but they were way too small. The waist was about 2" too small and the length was about 1.5" too short. I could barely get these on and they were very uncomfortable. I laid out the two pairs on top of each other on a bed and the "small" pair was very obviously sized wrong.

So my advice is only buy from sellers offering free returns! Otherwise, I love this Levi's style of trousers.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.