Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 1, 2018
While the quality seems nice, these appear to be far too small. I ordered the same size that my husband is already wearing in other brands, and he cannot button these when he tries to wear them. They are very small. If you are ordering, consider ordering at least 1 or 2 sizes up (unless you are on the petite side). Otherwise, they seem decent and look ok.
on July 30, 2017
I purchased these for my son to show his horse in (equestrian team). He is in between adult and boys sizes but needed something with extra length. These were perfect. I was disappointed that this size cost more than the typical sizes, but all in all they were a quality pair of jeans.
on December 2, 2014
The 517s are not available at a lot of local, brick & mortar stores now. I've owned several 517s in the past. They are wearing out. They need replaced. I know what to expect in size and fit from past pairs of Levi's 517s. I did not want to "experiment" in buying/ordering other blue jeans. 517s look and "feel" like what I think I want to wear. I wish Levis were more colorfast and their knees wear out too soon. Levis could make the front of the legs' from heavier fabric than the back of the legs. The front pockets could be made from heavier (more wear resistant) fabric material than currently. My Wranglers are a little more comfortable for working in the yard, can be less expensive, but look a little "baggy." Also, I wish Levi's and Wranglers blue jeans had one or two more belt loops. I may remove old blue jeans' belt loops and sew onto newer ones.
on September 30, 2014
These boot cut jeans are simply my favorite. I know I can order my size and they will fit. And sure enough this is what happened again. Of course I know of no women that can do this, but most men, I believe could do this with Levi 517 Boot Cut Jeans. I think once a women found her levi size, she could do the same. LOL, but I wont argue the point.

These jeans are well made and are consistent in size and workmanship. I wear cowboy boots (yes, and ride a Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2012). It's important to me to feel like I look my best and be comfortable. This is what I get from wearing Levi's Men's 517 Boot Cut Jeans. I just don't know how you could go wrong.

I got my best price on Amazon (though, other places may have same price, I got a better deal, since I am an Amazon Prime member. So, here you can get the best and get a bit more by being a Prime member, it has more than paid for itself already). Plus I did not have to go anywhere and look for my size (36 inseam is not always easy to find).

I recommend Levi's 517 boot cut to all and recommend Amazon Prime to those that like to shop from home for an even better deal, no driving around either. Levi has been consistent with these jeans for a few years now, so I am a happy camper and you will too if you try it out.

Also, these jeans when new can look great. I recently went to my wife's class reunion which since it is a small school the dress for their events varies from jeans to suites ~ your choice. Well, I choose a new pair of black 517 with a crisp white shirt, my polished cowboy boots and a black leather (lamb) travel coat and was told I looked great and I did feel great too.

Thanks and best regards.
on December 31, 2011
I usually have a hard time finding good bootcut jeans with the right fit in the retail stores. If the color/wash/fabric is right, the size isnt. If the size is right, the fit is too loose at the seat and thighs. Now that my favorite pair of jeans is past its prime, I started looking for a new pair to replace it. After hunting all stores in and around my area and trying all available bootcuts in my size, I was very disappointed. That is, until I found a pair of Levi's 517 Blue Ox in the local Macy's store. This was the first bootcut I found in the last 3 years that fit me perfectly. Since I already had a pair of jeans that was of a very similar color, I came online and started looking for the correct color in that fit. Unfortunately, it wasnt that easy finding one online. Kohls, Dillards and others had Levi's 517s, but they werent the same ones I saw in the store. Apart from Macys and Amazon, no other site (including Levi's own site) had the same fit in Rancher Light color I was looking for. I could have ordered at Macys website, but my past experience with Amazon was stellar and so it my first choice. Even then I was a little skeptical if the photos were close to how the jeans looked in reality. Since amazon had a free returns on this one, I went ahead with the order. The product, as always with Amazon, came 6 days ahead of their estimated delivery date. The jeans is, in fact, very close to the pictures on the website and the fit is PERFECT!! Thanks to Levi's for the perfect color and fit and KUDOS to amazon for the perfect shopping experience!
on August 16, 2016
Bought these for my husband. They're darker than we normally get but they're for work so that's ok. They do have a smell to them though- a chemical type smell. I've had new jeans with this smell before and it sticks around even after washing. But they're the great Levi's quality so I'll give them 4 stars.
on May 27, 2013
They are Levi's and the cut is still the same, but the weight of the denim is much lighter and thinner than the originals.

After doing some research, I found that the problem with the change happened when Levi's sold the original cotton looms to Japan and went to laser looms.

You can still get the original heavy weight jeans from Japan, but they run around $100. each.

As for the original Levi's that the name was built on for SO LONG.... that is no longer available. Japan will not give up the original cotton looms and the original Levi's that we have all come to know, love and were made in America, are no more and non existant anymore.

We were very disappointed in it. The jeans we got were okay to work with and the same Levi's fit, but they do not hold up or last like the original Levi's once did. These have more of, what I refer too as, a "plastic feel".

They are good jeans, but wrinkle in the wash pretty bad and the color fades in the creases in the first washing, so expect some streaks until they fade out evenly.
on January 11, 2017
My husband has been buying Levis 517 jeans for years. This time we ordered a size up from his usual size because the last time he got his usual size (35) they barely fit. When he got his 36 jeans, they, too were snug.

We also noticed that the dye (rinse) has rubbed off on everything for several months: his leather truck seats, his easy chair, and even onto his skin on his hands!

Were it not for the fact that he loves Levis 518, the boot cut, etc., he would probably switch brands. $40 is a bit much to pay for jeans that leave blue dye everywhere and are becoming inconsistent on sizing.
on August 28, 2016
Don't know if their a little small or I'm just not used to non-loose fitting jeans. I still like them though. I'll be glad when the skinny legged jeans craze is over so you can easily find "normal" jeans in the stores. I could only find these here on Amazon.
on May 23, 2016
These are great jeans! Yes, they are actually jeans, 100% cotton, NOT stretchy, polyester - spandexy pants. The color is a dark blue and they wash very well. My husband can usually get a good year of hard wear out of his jeans before the knees start to bust out. Super in love with the quality and durability of the 517's.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.