Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,521 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,620 reviews
on January 13, 2017
Please be advised, the product rating I gave on this product is (Not a reflection on the quality of the product itself.) The jeans are very nice and are well made and fit well. The problem lies in Amazon's policy of not exchanging this item at the purchase price. MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE CORRECT SIZE! IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT AT A DEAL OR LOWER PRICE AND THEY NEED TO BE EXCHANGED. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDIONAL INCREASE IN PRICE. YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE CURRANT SELLING PRICE IF HIGHER THEN THE ORIGINAL SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE.
on March 13, 2016
I'm not sure quite what to think about these jeans. I went with them because the fabric on the 550s was so thin, I thought these would hold up better. But the fit has been very disappointing, even accounting for a longer rise. 33x34, my normal size, I could barely get into. So I went up a size. My wife said she'd never allow me to wear them out of the house. They look like clown pants. I'm not sure I can order online anymore. There is just no making sense of the sizing. How much off? Check out the photos...

So I laid a the new pair of 517s under a 20-year old pair of 505s (34x34 - relaxed fit) and a 3 year old pair of 550s (33x34...the ones that last <2 years). The "slim fit" 517s are bigger in the waist, about 2" fuller in the legs, and 4 inches longer than the 550s, and even bigger than the relaxed fit 505s. Really Levi's? A 4 inch variance is nuts.
review image review image
on January 17, 2013
I always had to keep pulling up my previous pairs of Levi's (any model) because they only had FIVE belt loops. A key ring and cell phone are not that heavy. I remember growing up with Levi's having SEVEN belt loops and a heavier canvas. I was pleasantly surprised to see the 'new' Levi's 517 now have seven belt loops again. I started to buy a different model, but they still only have the five loops.

I just bought a couple of these pairs from Amazon. I did check online at Kohls and their current batch of 517's still show 5 loops. I will have to wait until I go to the store to see if their stock has been updated. Kohls prices are higher than Amazon, but I will recheck when they go on sale. I still check Amazon first for almost all my purchases.

Overall, I like my new Levi's jeans. I will compare them with older ones to see if the canvas really is slightly thinner. Outsourcing manufacturing almost always results in poorer quality and non-standard sizing. It has 100% results in putting Americans out of work. I try to buy American whenever I can--hopefully it will catch on.

There is another issue appearing after I washed my new jeans with my old ones. It shouldn't have made a difference, but the new ones are now covered with fine fluffy hairs. I will have to use a lint brush when I take them out of the dryer for now. Although it may just be a 'break in--first washings' issue.

Overall, I rate these jeans 4 stars. I will have to wait for a few machine washings to see how the color holds up. I may be old fashioned, but buying jeans looking like they are 1/2 wore out or have holes in them is 'less than optimal'.
on March 12, 2017
These 517's are the real deal. I've not changed my pants for forty some years. Still wearing Levis! But I was getting close to changing because of the thinner, cheaper denim they've been using lately. I was happy to see as I had been led to believe, that these are the same old sturdy, stiff and thicker denim. They call this "Raw Unwashed Denim". So if you're looking for the original thickness, make sure you order the "Raw Unwashed" version. I knocked them down to a 4 star only because of the price. You can buy them cheaper elsewhere but I paid the higher price because of the return policy. If they weren't the heavier denim, they would have been sent right back.
Hope this helps you!
Ted
on February 8, 2015
Noticed that the dye used for jeans was on my hands. Long story short, I've washed and the jeans five times and the dye STILL comes off in your hands.I usually get 501s and this never happend before! unwearable!!
review image
66 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
I wear a 33 34 505. Decided to try some 517.
Ordered 33 34. Tried them on, and they seemed OK, a bit tighter than the 505. Then I washed them. Not I have clown pants that I cannot button or zip. Length after washing is near 2 inches shorter than the 505 after washing. Waist is at least an inch tighter. Not happy. Photo shows difference in length between 505 and 517.
on March 4, 2017
Bought Levi's since I was a kid. These are seconds being sold full price. What are seconds? Miscut, missewed, whatever you want to call them, rejects! Bought them for work pants and they'll do, but I won't take the chance and order pants on line. I can go anywhere that sells Levi's, grab a pair in my size, and without trying them on they'll fit perfectly. Not these! That's how I know they're seconds. Even the belt loops aren't right and smaller.
on October 5, 2016
After a few bad experiences with QC (501's; 527's), I was set to write off Levi's forever. Fortunately, I received some 527's and 517's for Christmas (2016) and my faith has been restored. To begin with, I should note that I have the moves and physique like Jagger, and so when comparing with the 527's (slim-boot cut), I prefer the 527's much more for my physique. That said, here are some pros and cons for the 517's.

PROS:
Heavy duty denim. The stonewash is the same heavy duty denim that you were sporting back in 80's junior high school. No stretch or thin denim here.

Fit. Unlike my Wrangler boot (not cowboy) cut jeans, which I really like, these jeans will not be too tight for you. Nor will they be too loose. They fit perfectly over my boots.

For the reasons listed above, I find these to be a great pair of work jeans. They'll hold up, and you'll be comfortable while getting stuff done.

CONS:
Appearance. With my physique, I was very pleased when the modern fit became popular again. I don't necessarily feel too trendy while wearing the 527's, but I feel comfortable and normal. When i wear these 517's, I feel like I look my dad and grandpa 100 years ago. When they wore jeans like this, we all thought nothing of it because there were no other options. But now, with the 527's available, I prefer those. These seem just a little too roomy/boxy for my taste.

All in all, if you do not care for slim fit jeans or you're simply getting jeans to work in, these are a good choice. If you want to look a bit more modern, then perhaps consider the 527's.

Final note: if you want to know the weight of the denim jeans you are buying, you will have to head on over to the Levi's web site to figure that out.

Peace.
on October 20, 2015
The jeans I received had a faded line along the edge of the fold, where the jeans had been folded into the package. This faded line did not disappear or fade with washing. I have worn Levi's jeans for years and this is the first pair that have been disappointing in quality.
on March 13, 2017
Really disappointed in Levi's current fit and quality. I won't be ordering this brand again. I'm old enough to remember when Levi was domestically made and a quality product....not anymore on either count.
I've since discovered that Wrangler sticks to their advertised fit and finish not to mention that Wrangler is now the new benchmark for durability for those of us that are in need of a really rugged denim jean.

Capt'n Larry A. Phillips

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.