Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,563 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,665 reviews
on November 30, 2015
I wear a 33 34 505. Decided to try some 517.
Ordered 33 34. Tried them on, and they seemed OK, a bit tighter than the 505. Then I washed them. Not I have clown pants that I cannot button or zip. Length after washing is near 2 inches shorter than the 505 after washing. Waist is at least an inch tighter. Not happy. Photo shows difference in length between 505 and 517.
on March 4, 2017
Bought Levi's since I was a kid. These are seconds being sold full price. What are seconds? Miscut, missewed, whatever you want to call them, rejects! Bought them for work pants and they'll do, but I won't take the chance and order pants on line. I can go anywhere that sells Levi's, grab a pair in my size, and without trying them on they'll fit perfectly. Not these! That's how I know they're seconds. Even the belt loops aren't right and smaller.
on February 8, 2015
Noticed that the dye used for jeans was on my hands. Long story short, I've washed and the jeans five times and the dye STILL comes off in your hands.I usually get 501s and this never happend before! unwearable!!
review image
66 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2016
I'm not sure quite what to think about these jeans. I went with them because the fabric on the 550s was so thin, I thought these would hold up better. But the fit has been very disappointing, even accounting for a longer rise. 33x34, my normal size, I could barely get into. So I went up a size. My wife said she'd never allow me to wear them out of the house. They look like clown pants. I'm not sure I can order online anymore. There is just no making sense of the sizing. How much off? Check out the photos...

So I laid a the new pair of 517s under a 20-year old pair of 505s (34x34 - relaxed fit) and a 3 year old pair of 550s (33x34...the ones that last <2 years). The "slim fit" 517s are bigger in the waist, about 2" fuller in the legs, and 4 inches longer than the 550s, and even bigger than the relaxed fit 505s. Really Levi's? A 4 inch variance is nuts.
review image review image
on July 16, 2017
The jeans fit like I hoped they would. I'm 6-ft 270-lbs and carry most of that weight above my hips, so I wanted jeans narrow in the butt and hips. I used to wear 505s, but the bigger that style get's in the waist, the baggier they get on me. So why only three stars you ask? The material is not as heavy as it used to be, I don't think. On the inside leg seam there is only one row of stitching where there used to be two, which may or may not effect the durability of that seam. The dye in the rinse version I bought, turned the inside of the washer and dryer a light blue. Wife not happy about that. Hope none of her whites get a blue tint, cause I'll be in deep dodo. I wanted dark colored jeans, but would not order these again. I may try the stonewashed ones that are already faded. I was glad to see seven belt loops. I think all denim jeans should have that many.
on October 5, 2016
After a few bad experiences with QC (501's; 527's), I was set to write off Levi's forever. Fortunately, I received some 527's and 517's for Christmas (2016) and my faith has been restored. To begin with, I should note that I have the moves and physique like Jagger, and so when comparing with the 527's (slim-boot cut), I prefer the 527's much more for my physique. That said, here are some pros and cons for the 517's.

PROS:
Heavy duty denim. The stonewash is the same heavy duty denim that you were sporting back in 80's junior high school. No stretch or thin denim here.

Fit. Unlike my Wrangler boot (not cowboy) cut jeans, which I really like, these jeans will not be too tight for you. Nor will they be too loose. They fit perfectly over my boots.

For the reasons listed above, I find these to be a great pair of work jeans. They'll hold up, and you'll be comfortable while getting stuff done.

CONS:
Appearance. With my physique, I was very pleased when the modern fit became popular again. I don't necessarily feel too trendy while wearing the 527's, but I feel comfortable and normal. When i wear these 517's, I feel like I look my dad and grandpa 100 years ago. When they wore jeans like this, we all thought nothing of it because there were no other options. But now, with the 527's available, I prefer those. These seem just a little too roomy/boxy for my taste.

All in all, if you do not care for slim fit jeans or you're simply getting jeans to work in, these are a good choice. If you want to look a bit more modern, then perhaps consider the 527's.

Final note: if you want to know the weight of the denim jeans you are buying, you will have to head on over to the Levi's web site to figure that out.

Peace.
on October 20, 2015
The jeans I received had a faded line along the edge of the fold, where the jeans had been folded into the package. This faded line did not disappear or fade with washing. I have worn Levi's jeans for years and this is the first pair that have been disappointing in quality.
on March 13, 2017
Really disappointed in Levi's current fit and quality. I won't be ordering this brand again. I'm old enough to remember when Levi was domestically made and a quality product....not anymore on either count.
I've since discovered that Wrangler sticks to their advertised fit and finish not to mention that Wrangler is now the new benchmark for durability for those of us that are in need of a really rugged denim jean.

Capt'n Larry A. Phillips
on March 27, 2016
Ordered 3 x 31x 32 517's.Of the first three, one pair had a leg 2" shorter than the other and in addition, the 31" waist was at least 34" on 2 of the 3 pair. These were replaced by Amazon and once again, one of the 31"s was 34"!!! Having worn Levis for 50+ years, I feel qualified to observe that LS quality/quality control is at a new all-time low...what crap! Amazon performed well, they just had a terrible product to deal with...
on September 14, 2013
I have lived in 501's since the early 70's. Comfortable!
back then, Levis came out with a flared bottom, but was not bell bottoms, but were wider than 501's. they were not todays 517's.
They were skinnier or tighter at the knees, and wider at the bottom,but that was the fashion back then.
I love 501's. My 'thing' with them was the bottom opening was always so small.
ok for tennis shoes, but for wearing boots, they were too small around the ankle, making the entire boot look too long. simply because they were so narrow, the could not go down any lower on the boot. hahaha
I love to wear black biker boots, with a taller 2' heel for easier shifting thru gears. these 517's are wider at the bottom, so the jean bottom rides lower on the boot, only exposing the very top of my round boots, so it looks sexy for a guy. I have had a lot of compliments from mostly women. they seem to like that look for themselves, most people like a smaller foot / shoe profile.
The 517's fit the hips, and butt better too. My 501's always make my butt look flat, these give it a little better shape. I work out, and do leg squats, so my butt is not flat! I wear the boots and jeans to work on our 'lax day' Friday.
Monday thru Thursday, its business casual, at least for us in the office.
This last Friday, I was walking thru the front door, and some guys were kidding me " wheres the guitar?" " you look and dress like a rock star!" hahaha
I love my lighter blue 517's!
the combination of the lighter blue jean, with black leather boots looks tough, manly, and sexy.
I still love the 501's, for pure comfort, but these 517's are in a league of their own.
Thanks to Amazon, the price is great!
OH- size is different! !!!!
my 501's are 34x34. I had to exchange 517's until I found the correct fit due fitting higher on the hip, and longer at the legs.
my 517's are 36x32.
sounds weird, but a few guys I ride with, who also have 517's say the same thing. one size UP (waist)and one size DOWN (length) from a 501.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.