Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: 35W x 30L|Color: Rigid|Change
Price:$49.99+ $5.00 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 2,398 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,495 reviews
on October 5, 2016
After a few bad experiences with QC (501's; 527's), I was set to write off Levi's forever. Fortunately, I received some 527's and 517's for Christmas (2016) and my faith has been restored. To begin with, I should note that I have the moves and physique like Jagger, and so when comparing with the 527's (slim-boot cut), I prefer the 527's much more for my physique. That said, here are some pros and cons for the 517's.

PROS:
Heavy duty denim. The stonewash is the same heavy duty denim that you were sporting back in 80's junior high school. No stretch or thin denim here.

Fit. Unlike my Wrangler boot (not cowboy) cut jeans, which I really like, these jeans will not be too tight for you. Nor will they be too loose. They fit perfectly over my boots.

For the reasons listed above, I find these to be a great pair of work jeans. They'll hold up, and you'll be comfortable while getting stuff done.

CONS:
Appearance. With my physique, I was very pleased when the modern fit became popular again. I don't necessarily feel too trendy while wearing the 527's, but I feel comfortable and normal. When i wear these 517's, I feel like I look my dad and grandpa 100 years ago. When they wore jeans like this, we all thought nothing of it because there were no other options. But now, with the 527's available, I prefer those. These seem just a little too roomy/boxy for my taste.

All in all, if you do not care for slim fit jeans or you're simply getting jeans to work in, these are a good choice. If you want to look a bit more modern, then perhaps consider the 527's.

Final note: if you want to know the weight of the denim jeans you are buying, you will have to head on over to the Levi's web site to figure that out.

Peace.
on March 13, 2016
I'm not sure quite what to think about these jeans. I went with them because the fabric on the 550s was so thin, I thought these would hold up better. But the fit has been very disappointing, even accounting for a longer rise. 33x34, my normal size, I could barely get into. So I went up a size. My wife said she'd never allow me to wear them out of the house. They look like clown pants. I'm not sure I can order online anymore. There is just no making sense of the sizing. How much off? Check out the photos...

So I laid a the new pair of 517s under a 20-year old pair of 505s (34x34 - relaxed fit) and a 3 year old pair of 550s (33x34...the ones that last <2 years). The "slim fit" 517s are bigger in the waist, about 2" fuller in the legs, and 4 inches longer than the 550s, and even bigger than the relaxed fit 505s. Really Levi's? A 4 inch variance is nuts.
review image review image
on February 8, 2015
Noticed that the dye used for jeans was on my hands. Long story short, I've washed and the jeans five times and the dye STILL comes off in your hands.I usually get 501s and this never happend before! unwearable!!
review image
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
I always had to keep pulling up my previous pairs of Levi's (any model) because they only had FIVE belt loops. A key ring and cell phone are not that heavy. I remember growing up with Levi's having SEVEN belt loops and a heavier canvas. I was pleasantly surprised to see the 'new' Levi's 517 now have seven belt loops again. I started to buy a different model, but they still only have the five loops.

I just bought a couple of these pairs from Amazon. I did check online at Kohls and their current batch of 517's still show 5 loops. I will have to wait until I go to the store to see if their stock has been updated. Kohls prices are higher than Amazon, but I will recheck when they go on sale. I still check Amazon first for almost all my purchases.

Overall, I like my new Levi's jeans. I will compare them with older ones to see if the canvas really is slightly thinner. Outsourcing manufacturing almost always results in poorer quality and non-standard sizing. It has 100% results in putting Americans out of work. I try to buy American whenever I can--hopefully it will catch on.

There is another issue appearing after I washed my new jeans with my old ones. It shouldn't have made a difference, but the new ones are now covered with fine fluffy hairs. I will have to use a lint brush when I take them out of the dryer for now. Although it may just be a 'break in--first washings' issue.

Overall, I rate these jeans 4 stars. I will have to wait for a few machine washings to see how the color holds up. I may be old fashioned, but buying jeans looking like they are 1/2 wore out or have holes in them is 'less than optimal'.
on January 13, 2017
Please be advised, the product rating I gave on this product is (Not a reflection on the quality of the product itself.) The jeans are very nice and are well made and fit well. The problem lies in Amazon's policy of not exchanging this item at the purchase price. MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE CORRECT SIZE! IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT AT A DEAL OR LOWER PRICE AND THEY NEED TO BE EXCHANGED. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDIONAL INCREASE IN PRICE. YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE CURRANT SELLING PRICE IF HIGHER THEN THE ORIGINAL SALE OR PURCHASE PRICE.
on March 12, 2017
These 517's are the real deal. I've not changed my pants for forty some years. Still wearing Levis! But I was getting close to changing because of the thinner, cheaper denim they've been using lately. I was happy to see as I had been led to believe, that these are the same old sturdy, stiff and thicker denim. They call this "Raw Unwashed Denim". So if you're looking for the original thickness, make sure you order the "Raw Unwashed" version. I knocked them down to a 4 star only because of the price. You can buy them cheaper elsewhere but I paid the higher price because of the return policy. If they weren't the heavier denim, they would have been sent right back.
Hope this helps you!
Ted
on April 25, 2016
DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY
I bought these same pants in November and they fit great
I bought them again in March, thinking that they would be the same, and put them away to take on my trip........I tried them on yesterday
THEY DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO FITTING ME, EVEN THOUGH THE TAGS SAY THE SIZE I ORDERED.
I MEASURED THEM TO THE ONES I BOUGHT BACK IN NOVEMBER AND THEY ARE AT LEAST TWO SIZES TOO SMALL.
DON'T BUY THEM FROM THIS COMPANY BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE NO QUALITY CONTROL ONLINE.
AND NOW I HAVE PAST THEIR RETURN WINDOW.
DON'T BUY
DON'T BUY
on March 13, 2017
Really disappointed in Levi's current fit and quality. I won't be ordering this brand again. I'm old enough to remember when Levi was domestically made and a quality product....not anymore on either count.
I've since discovered that Wrangler sticks to their advertised fit and finish not to mention that Wrangler is now the new benchmark for durability for those of us that are in need of a really rugged denim jean.

Capt'n Larry A. Phillips
on September 14, 2013
I have lived in 501's since the early 70's. Comfortable!
back then, Levis came out with a flared bottom, but was not bell bottoms, but were wider than 501's. they were not todays 517's.
They were skinnier or tighter at the knees, and wider at the bottom,but that was the fashion back then.
I love 501's. My 'thing' with them was the bottom opening was always so small.
ok for tennis shoes, but for wearing boots, they were too small around the ankle, making the entire boot look too long. simply because they were so narrow, the could not go down any lower on the boot. hahaha
I love to wear black biker boots, with a taller 2' heel for easier shifting thru gears. these 517's are wider at the bottom, so the jean bottom rides lower on the boot, only exposing the very top of my round boots, so it looks sexy for a guy. I have had a lot of compliments from mostly women. they seem to like that look for themselves, most people like a smaller foot / shoe profile.
The 517's fit the hips, and butt better too. My 501's always make my butt look flat, these give it a little better shape. I work out, and do leg squats, so my butt is not flat! I wear the boots and jeans to work on our 'lax day' Friday.
Monday thru Thursday, its business casual, at least for us in the office.
This last Friday, I was walking thru the front door, and some guys were kidding me " wheres the guitar?" " you look and dress like a rock star!" hahaha
I love my lighter blue 517's!
the combination of the lighter blue jean, with black leather boots looks tough, manly, and sexy.
I still love the 501's, for pure comfort, but these 517's are in a league of their own.
Thanks to Amazon, the price is great!
OH- size is different! !!!!
my 501's are 34x34. I had to exchange 517's until I found the correct fit due fitting higher on the hip, and longer at the legs.
my 517's are 36x32.
sounds weird, but a few guys I ride with, who also have 517's say the same thing. one size UP (waist)and one size DOWN (length) from a 501.
on March 4, 2017
Bought Levi's since I was a kid. These are seconds being sold full price. What are seconds? Miscut, missewed, whatever you want to call them, rejects! Bought them for work pants and they'll do, but I won't take the chance and order pants on line. I can go anywhere that sells Levi's, grab a pair in my size, and without trying them on they'll fit perfectly. Not these! That's how I know they're seconds. Even the belt loops aren't right and smaller.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.