Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Travel Accessories Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Price:$26.99 - $45.00

Showing 1-10 of 730 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 775 reviews
on August 23, 2013
My husband has been wearing this style of Levi's shorts for years and years.. when it came time to replace some of his older ones.. I could not find them in any store that had carried them in the past.. all the Levi shorts were the longer, baggier ones that the younger men wear.. was so glad to find these shorts that I ended up ordering two pair.. and then ordered two pair again. ! These shorts fit just like normal jeans and hit right above the knee... so glad that I could find them on Amazon!!!
on August 13, 2015
When it comes to comfort and style, you can't beat the Levi brand. I was running low on shorts that weren't absolutely worn out, and immediately decided to try the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. (I own a pair of the Levi's 550 Jeans.) Needless to say, I have not been disappointed; the shorts are comfortable and look great. So why not 5 stars? Again, the tiny front pockets are a bit of a pain. I carry my wallet, keys, and pocketknife in my front pockets, and with these shorts, the pockets are absolutely crammed.

In my neck of the woods, the warm weather season basically stretches from March to late October, so quality shorts are a must. So if you're looking for a quality, durable denim short, it's hard to go wrong with the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. Let the summer broil; I'm good.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
on August 3, 2016
I buy two pairs of these same shorts every year, and I've been doing it for a few decades now. I've changed more than they have. I wear a larger size, I work outside less, and I'm not as picky about what I wear, which is two uniforms: one winter and one summer. In winter it's Levi's, a t-shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt (for fashion variety). In the summer it's a t-shirt and the shorts in question. I buy two pair a year and keep a rolling stock of six. The two worst ones get retired every year. It's the same with long Levi's. The t-shirts, bless their hearts, often go longer before being relegated to the rag box. Other than shorter front pockets, which I don't like, and the two unecessary belt loops, which I do't care for either, I'm satisfied.
on July 4, 2013
We ordered this brand, because that's what we were replacing. The delivery was fast, the pants are fine, they fit perfectly, and we are very pleased with the purchase in every way.
on March 28, 2016
I bought these for my husband expecting that they'd be cut like the 550 Jeans. They weren't. They were small in the waist and upper hips--all of them. I purchased 5 pair and had to return all of them. We were very disappointed. What we've discovered about Levi's over the years is that you can buy the same style of jeans, but you can't expect it to be cut the same from 1 pair to the next. We'd be willing to pay more if they'd just keep the quality and sizing consistent from 1 lot to the next.

As a side note: the fabric is thinner on the shorts than it is on the 550 jeans. We have other, older Levi denim shorts and the denim is the same weight as the 550 jeans (not the shorts). We weren't particularly impressed with the lighter weight.
on May 31, 2016
I have older versions of these same shorts. The front and back rise was two inches longer, so the shorts were looser and roomier in the back which I found very comfortable. With the shorter rise, they still fit overall, but they are not nearly as comfortable. I don't like the too tight look or feel due to the shorter rise. Unfortunately, I am finding more and more these days that tried and true brands of clothing are no longer made the same way they used to be. The size of the newer versions are running much smaller, and the quality is no longer quite as good as it used to be.
on October 5, 2016
Fits well and sizing is consistant with my other pair of Levi's Jean sizing. This makes it much easier to buy a pair without having to guess if the sizing is accurate or not.
on April 2, 2015
I love the shorts, I have been wearing Levi shorts and jeans my whole life. I did notice that the denim is thinner now, I have a Levi denim jacket I bought in 1983. It was the best jacket and everyone had one in High school, It was made from thick denim. Hope the shorts last awhile, The fit is perfect.
on June 16, 2015
These 550's levi's "loose fitting jean" shorts fit tighter in the hips than my regular fit 505's levi's jean shorts. This makes no sense. It's got to be a bad cut at the factory (where ever that is). I mean since my 505's fit in the waist, but tight in the hips and thighs, it made sense that a pair of "loose fitting jeans" would then fit....Right?...Well hell! I guess not. So I guess I'll have to stick to 505's in a too big 36 instead for jean shorts. And the legs are also flared which make them look kinda stupid. Anywho they went back, compliments of Amazon, God bless them; a wonderful store front.
on March 12, 2017
incredibly baggy - almost like bell-bottom shorts. these shorts appear to made for someone whose legs get progressively larger from top to bottom, whereas the circumference of my legs decreases from the thigh to the knee. in fairness, i have had this problem with recent purchases from other manufacturers of denim shorts, so perhaps this is just the way they make them these days?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.