Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 550 Short
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Price:$21.99 - $26.99

on August 23, 2013
My husband has been wearing this style of Levi's shorts for years and years.. when it came time to replace some of his older ones.. I could not find them in any store that had carried them in the past.. all the Levi shorts were the longer, baggier ones that the younger men wear.. was so glad to find these shorts that I ended up ordering two pair.. and then ordered two pair again. ! These shorts fit just like normal jeans and hit right above the knee... so glad that I could find them on Amazon!!!
on August 13, 2015
When it comes to comfort and style, you can't beat the Levi brand. I was running low on shorts that weren't absolutely worn out, and immediately decided to try the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. (I own a pair of the Levi's 550 Jeans.) Needless to say, I have not been disappointed; the shorts are comfortable and look great. So why not 5 stars? Again, the tiny front pockets are a bit of a pain. I carry my wallet, keys, and pocketknife in my front pockets, and with these shorts, the pockets are absolutely crammed.

In my neck of the woods, the warm weather season basically stretches from March to late October, so quality shorts are a must. So if you're looking for a quality, durable denim short, it's hard to go wrong with the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. Let the summer broil; I'm good.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
on July 4, 2013
We ordered this brand, because that's what we were replacing. The delivery was fast, the pants are fine, they fit perfectly, and we are very pleased with the purchase in every way.
Unfortunately, I had to return these shorts. They fit my son perfectly in the waist and seat, but the problem was in the legs. He could have gotten two or three legs in one leg opening (his legs are normal size for an average 18-year-old.) Legs were so baggie they made the shorts look a bit strange on him and at a glance he appeared to be wearing a knee-length skirt. The shorts were made very well, the fabric was like the old Levis used to be, not the thin material that some of their jeans are made of these days.

If what you're looking for is very relaxed fit through the legs then this may be just what you need.
on August 3, 2016
I buy two pairs of these same shorts every year, and I've been doing it for a few decades now. I've changed more than they have. I wear a larger size, I work outside less, and I'm not as picky about what I wear, which is two uniforms: one winter and one summer. In winter it's Levi's, a t-shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt (for fashion variety). In the summer it's a t-shirt and the shorts in question. I buy two pair a year and keep a rolling stock of six. The two worst ones get retired every year. It's the same with long Levi's. The t-shirts, bless their hearts, often go longer before being relegated to the rag box. Other than shorter front pockets, which I don't like, and the two unecessary belt loops, which I do't care for either, I'm satisfied.
on March 28, 2016
I bought these for my husband expecting that they'd be cut like the 550 Jeans. They weren't. They were small in the waist and upper hips--all of them. I purchased 5 pair and had to return all of them. We were very disappointed. What we've discovered about Levi's over the years is that you can buy the same style of jeans, but you can't expect it to be cut the same from 1 pair to the next. We'd be willing to pay more if they'd just keep the quality and sizing consistent from 1 lot to the next.

As a side note: the fabric is thinner on the shorts than it is on the 550 jeans. We have other, older Levi denim shorts and the denim is the same weight as the 550 jeans (not the shorts). We weren't particularly impressed with the lighter weight.
on June 28, 2016
They are hideously expensive, but they really do wear better than any other brand. My hubs keeps his keys in a back pocket and a money clip in the front, and it takes years for them to create a hole. Thanks, Levi's, for continuing to produce jeans and shorts for men who really work in them!
on August 23, 2013
I wear shorts year round these levis shorts hold up really well I am very happy with them you can't go wrong with levis
on June 16, 2015
These 550's levi's "loose fitting jean" shorts fit tighter in the hips than my regular fit 505's levi's jean shorts. This makes no sense. It's got to be a bad cut at the factory (where ever that is). I mean since my 505's fit in the waist, but tight in the hips and thighs, it made sense that a pair of "loose fitting jeans" would then fit....Right?...Well hell! I guess not. So I guess I'll have to stick to 505's in a too big 36 instead for jean shorts. And the legs are also flared which make them look kinda stupid. Anywho they went back, compliments of Amazon, God bless them; a wonderful store front.
on February 27, 2016
These fit around waist like 550 jeans. Have zipper and usual pockets. They are longer than we hoped. Something like a 10" inseam and we had hoped for shorter. Short guys will most likely need to get them altered.