Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 23, 2013
My husband has been wearing this style of Levi's shorts for years and years.. when it came time to replace some of his older ones.. I could not find them in any store that had carried them in the past.. all the Levi shorts were the longer, baggier ones that the younger men wear.. was so glad to find these shorts that I ended up ordering two pair.. and then ordered two pair again. ! These shorts fit just like normal jeans and hit right above the knee... so glad that I could find them on Amazon!!!
on August 3, 2016
I buy two pairs of these same shorts every year, and I've been doing it for a few decades now. I've changed more than they have. I wear a larger size, I work outside less, and I'm not as picky about what I wear, which is two uniforms: one winter and one summer. In winter it's Levi's, a t-shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt (for fashion variety). In the summer it's a t-shirt and the shorts in question. I buy two pair a year and keep a rolling stock of six. The two worst ones get retired every year. It's the same with long Levi's. The t-shirts, bless their hearts, often go longer before being relegated to the rag box. Other than shorter front pockets, which I don't like, and the two unecessary belt loops, which I do't care for either, I'm satisfied.
on August 13, 2015
When it comes to comfort and style, you can't beat the Levi brand. I was running low on shorts that weren't absolutely worn out, and immediately decided to try the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. (I own a pair of the Levi's 550 Jeans.) Needless to say, I have not been disappointed; the shorts are comfortable and look great. So why not 5 stars? Again, the tiny front pockets are a bit of a pain. I carry my wallet, keys, and pocketknife in my front pockets, and with these shorts, the pockets are absolutely crammed.

In my neck of the woods, the warm weather season basically stretches from March to late October, so quality shorts are a must. So if you're looking for a quality, durable denim short, it's hard to go wrong with the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. Let the summer broil; I'm good.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
on June 16, 2015
These 550's levi's "loose fitting jean" shorts fit tighter in the hips than my regular fit 505's levi's jean shorts. This makes no sense. It's got to be a bad cut at the factory (where ever that is). I mean since my 505's fit in the waist, but tight in the hips and thighs, it made sense that a pair of "loose fitting jeans" would then fit....Right?...Well hell! I guess not. So I guess I'll have to stick to 505's in a too big 36 instead for jean shorts. And the legs are also flared which make them look kinda stupid. Anywho they went back, compliments of Amazon, God bless them; a wonderful store front.
on December 17, 2017
Pretty standard Levis shorts. My only additional comment is that the picture is misleading and the legs are wider than this looks. They're definitely wider than my last pair, purchased about 2 years ago. These are just a little baggy & feel like demin bells on my legs! Okay, that's a minor exaggeration. I didn't want skin tight, but wasn't expecting 'loose' fit. I'll manage. They're well made, as always. My daughter says nobody should wear jean shorts in public, including me. But it's not like the folks at Lowes or Walmarts are going to critique my fashion sense when I disobey my kid!
on July 4, 2013
We ordered this brand, because that's what we were replacing. The delivery was fast, the pants are fine, they fit perfectly, and we are very pleased with the purchase in every way.
on July 18, 2017
I got these to replace a pair of Levi shorts I bought many years ago. That pair has held up great but have faded and gotten a little worn. This new pair seems like the same sturdy construction I'd expect from Levi's. One small quibble is the strong chemical smell when I took them out of the packaging. One washing took care of the smell. No other pair of new jeans has had such a strong chemical smell.
on August 10, 2017
Living here in So Cal I wear shorts most of the year. I've worn Levi shorts for years. They last for a very long time and are very comfortable. Amazon always have great prices on them so I picked up a few pairs. Color is as expected and come out of the dryer with no wrinkles!
on June 21, 2017
My favorite shorts!!!! I have worn these shorts for several years and have SEVERAL pairs! I'm a woman who doesn't want the veins in her legs showing ....and these shorts are long to cover them! Nice cut and high quality fabric you know to expect from Levi's!
on August 11, 2017
This is my second pair of Levi's 550 shorts. I can't find them in stores anymore, so I'm glad that Amazon carries them. I like wearing jeans, but I want to wear jean shorts when the weather is warm. These fit perfectly and fall a couple of inches above the knee. Could not be happier with the fit and it's nice having an extra pair when the other one needs to be washed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.