Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 881 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 933 reviews
on August 23, 2013
My husband has been wearing this style of Levi's shorts for years and years.. when it came time to replace some of his older ones.. I could not find them in any store that had carried them in the past.. all the Levi shorts were the longer, baggier ones that the younger men wear.. was so glad to find these shorts that I ended up ordering two pair.. and then ordered two pair again. ! These shorts fit just like normal jeans and hit right above the knee... so glad that I could find them on Amazon!!!
on August 3, 2016
I buy two pairs of these same shorts every year, and I've been doing it for a few decades now. I've changed more than they have. I wear a larger size, I work outside less, and I'm not as picky about what I wear, which is two uniforms: one winter and one summer. In winter it's Levi's, a t-shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt (for fashion variety). In the summer it's a t-shirt and the shorts in question. I buy two pair a year and keep a rolling stock of six. The two worst ones get retired every year. It's the same with long Levi's. The t-shirts, bless their hearts, often go longer before being relegated to the rag box. Other than shorter front pockets, which I don't like, and the two unecessary belt loops, which I do't care for either, I'm satisfied.
on March 28, 2016
I bought these for my husband expecting that they'd be cut like the 550 Jeans. They weren't. They were small in the waist and upper hips--all of them. I purchased 5 pair and had to return all of them. We were very disappointed. What we've discovered about Levi's over the years is that you can buy the same style of jeans, but you can't expect it to be cut the same from 1 pair to the next. We'd be willing to pay more if they'd just keep the quality and sizing consistent from 1 lot to the next.

As a side note: the fabric is thinner on the shorts than it is on the 550 jeans. We have other, older Levi denim shorts and the denim is the same weight as the 550 jeans (not the shorts). We weren't particularly impressed with the lighter weight.
on August 13, 2015
When it comes to comfort and style, you can't beat the Levi brand. I was running low on shorts that weren't absolutely worn out, and immediately decided to try the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. (I own a pair of the Levi's 550 Jeans.) Needless to say, I have not been disappointed; the shorts are comfortable and look great. So why not 5 stars? Again, the tiny front pockets are a bit of a pain. I carry my wallet, keys, and pocketknife in my front pockets, and with these shorts, the pockets are absolutely crammed.

In my neck of the woods, the warm weather season basically stretches from March to late October, so quality shorts are a must. So if you're looking for a quality, durable denim short, it's hard to go wrong with the LEVI'S MEN'S 550 DENIM SHORTS. Let the summer broil; I'm good.
--D. Mikels, Esq.
on June 16, 2015
These 550's levi's "loose fitting jean" shorts fit tighter in the hips than my regular fit 505's levi's jean shorts. This makes no sense. It's got to be a bad cut at the factory (where ever that is). I mean since my 505's fit in the waist, but tight in the hips and thighs, it made sense that a pair of "loose fitting jeans" would then fit....Right?...Well hell! I guess not. So I guess I'll have to stick to 505's in a too big 36 instead for jean shorts. And the legs are also flared which make them look kinda stupid. Anywho they went back, compliments of Amazon, God bless them; a wonderful store front.
on May 21, 2017
Odd, I had a 32" and wanted slightly larger, got this 33" and cannot tell ANY difference?
Should've gotten the 34" instead, or maybe I shrank them too much with too high heat in my dryer, I don't know.
However, they do look and feel just as good as the others so why pay retail...
on July 4, 2013
We ordered this brand, because that's what we were replacing. The delivery was fast, the pants are fine, they fit perfectly, and we are very pleased with the purchase in every way.
on July 18, 2017
I got these to replace a pair of Levi shorts I bought many years ago. That pair has held up great but have faded and gotten a little worn. This new pair seems like the same sturdy construction I'd expect from Levi's. One small quibble is the strong chemical smell when I took them out of the packaging. One washing took care of the smell. No other pair of new jeans has had such a strong chemical smell.
on July 25, 2017
Very good quality and the dark stonewash that
I wanted. However the size ran too small and
I had to return. I needed to order two sizes up
from my regular jean shorts. Just went to Wal-
Mart where I could try on a pair of jean shorts.
Found one that fit.
on August 10, 2017
Living here in So Cal I wear shorts most of the year. I've worn Levi shorts for years. They last for a very long time and are very comfortable. Amazon always have great prices on them so I picked up a few pairs. Color is as expected and come out of the dryer with no wrinkles!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.