Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 4, 2017
I have not ever written a bad review for any item received on Amazon but I couldn't let this go. These 501s are the worst purchase ever. I cannot believe how cheaply made they are. I've worn 501s all my life (54)years and never have I had a pair like these. THIN. They were a little tight then after I washed them I couldn't even get them on. All my other pairs fit fine so it is not the post Thanksgiving swelling. I will never buy Levis online again. If you must buy these levis get them at least 2-3 sizes larger in the waist and 2 sizes longer than you normally wear. I wouldn't expect them to last more than a few months of washing because of how thin they are made. I am wholeheartedly saddened if this is the quality that Levis has sunken to.Hopefully I can return them and get something else.
on December 3, 2017
Finally got these. Took a lot of work...not delivered on the first go through, so I did not have them for the intended trip. But when they finally arrived after refunding and reorder...they WERE Levi Button fly 5Oh1 jeans https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00214WRF4/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_3. Unparalleled. Jeans so good that even after THAT curfluffle, they only lost one star. Perfect fit in all directions.
on October 31, 2017
I bought these for my 17 year old son, who's tall and slender. Ordered 29x34 and was worried that they might be too baggy in the legs, but they fit perfectly. The only "surprise" was that I'd forgotten 501s are button-fly, and he'd never seen that before. But we had a good laugh and I'm sure he'll get plenty of use out of them.
on December 1, 2017
These are not the traditional 501 fit...what is going on? Why has this jean changed? These fit like skinny jeans which no man should be wearing...same pant 10yrs ago was comfortable, now the leg is cut slim. Had to move to the 569 which aren't even that relaxed, now those just fit like the 501 should
on April 30, 2017
GREAT JEANS- NOT AS ROBUST SINCE MADE IN CHINA. FIT IS GOOD , BUT NOT AS DURABLE AS THEY USE TO BE !
on November 28, 2017
fits as expected, no surprises however, they are very stiff and not at all stretch and comfortable if you got used to wearing "stretch jeans" like my kids did -- they will complain about these that they are uncomfortable to wear.
on January 14, 2015
Still breaking these in, but I'll probably get another pair. Good jeans, historically. I like the fit. They're not the body-conscious, skinny-jeans type fit that you see almost everywhere today, but they're not baggy either. I would say if you're looking to fit your booty but not ostentatiously, this may be the way to go. Maybe size down one in the waist if you want a more body-conscious butt fit (some of us are more posterior-impaired than others). I wear a 31/32 in khakis, but not worn around the waist, and that's a slim-fit, great on the rear. For jeans I wanted something a little more comfortable. I think these will shrink a bit to fit.

Update: I have bought four pairs of these jeans now. Except for one of them, the colors were all true to the website image. One, "cascade wonderland," looks like a flat cobalt or lapis blue on the website. What was sent to me looked like black jeans that had aged badly, just ugly in a thrifting kind of way (and I usually like thrift store things, but sometimes...). Sent them back. The replacement, in lodestone, is great. It's kind of khaki-colored, but really more of a gold. Great fall color.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.