Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,488 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,261 reviews
on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2017
I've purchased two pairs of 501's in the same "Rinse" color recently, a 40x and a 42x. The 42s were comfortable but a little big, so I order the 40s. In the same length the newer 40s are TWO INCHES SHORTER in the leg compared to the other pair (that the other has already been washed and dried). The color was also different (darker on the 40s) and the new ones are THINNER MATERIAL. The "better" pair was made in Mexico, the worse pair made in Egypt. Ordered about a month apart, sold and shipped from Amazon.
on May 25, 2016
What can u say about 501 red tabs? Perfection embodied in denim. I WILL however comment on how incredible Amazons prices are on 501s (the other Levis lines as well). I recently lost some weight so I was in the bittersweet position of having to replace some older jeans. Decided to drop by a Kohls to grab a pair considering they have OKish deals on clothes most of the time. Their sale price on Levi's was astronomical! Let's just say I ended up grabbing a pair at regular price on Amazon for less than half of what I would have paid at Kohl's. Yes, blah buying volume of Amazon blah undercuts competitors blah. But I'm just not going to eat that much of a $ difference. Besides, Kohls is hardly mom and pop.
on December 14, 2015
I have only purchased Levi 501 Original Fit since the early 90's, so I know how they are supposed to be. Quality of the cloth is fine as is construction, but the sizing is slightly off and the belt loops seem to be misplaced. Waist too big, length too short. With so many Levi options available online, it's best to shop in a store where you can actually try on what you're considering purchasing so that you know it fits. At least that way you don't get surprised. Let's hope when I wash them they don't turn into a whole new product line ... Levi Capri 501s.
on December 26, 2016
Levis are very popular in our family. However The Man did not like this cut. They are too tight in the thighs for him.
He has good sized (not body builder huge size, or fat sized - just working man fit sized. )thighs. Which made them uncomfortable, so we returned them.

We DO recommend as long as you understand the cut of the jeans run kinda small in the thighs, and butt area.

Hope our review was helpful!
on October 14, 2015
Levis are of good quality. However I ordered a 29 leg and received 30.5 leg. and that is what they were after washing. These were ordered for my husband and had to have them shortened. There fore who in what other foreign country did the sewing evidently have a different system of measuring. If I order these again I should probably order a 28 leg, but I will not do that owing to the fact the only person in the factory that knows American sizes will put together a pair of pants witha 28 leg. Can't take that chance.
on May 8, 2017
Wow, how can you review Levi's 501 if you have been wearing them for half a century? They are great. It is wonderful that Amazon stocks them and has lots of colors to choose from. I am glad somebody did not let appeal to customers vanity screw up the sizing. A 32 x 32 is the same size it was as far back as I can remember. Thanks, Levi's!
on November 3, 2016
I remain a fan of 501's. They always seem to fit better/feel more comfortable than other jeans and they hold up for a reasonably long time. The pair that I bought in Nov 2016 fits just as well as those I've bought in the past. I'm also a repeat buyer of the tan "Timberwolf" color -- t goes really well with many different shirt colors, just as khakis do.. I do agree with those other reviewers who say that Levi's seems to be using thinner fabrics (probably to save money and, perhaps, to make them more appealing in market areas with warmer climates south of the border where 501's remain somewhat popular). Even so, the lighter fabric does not wear out particularly fast in my experience. Style-wise, 501's are not what most American guys are wearing anymore and many hate the button fly design, but I think they still look better than most jeans that are on the market.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.