Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've been wearing Levi's since I could fit into them. They were the jeans back when I was a kid. I was so sick of Sears Toughskins because they had the reinforced knees that looked like somebody had stuffed a piece of cardboard in there. They screamed "Your Mom is Practical!" Levi's, on the other hand, were cool. It was what the hippies and fishermen wore. I'm talking about the early 1970s in Alaska. I grew up in that alternative lifestyle, one where if you wore a sport jacket, it was used. And you wore a paisley shirt, maybe some work boots. You rolled your own cigarettes and the other stuff, too. So anyway, I'm a fan. I remember wearing Levi's to work everyday as a reporter at the Anchorage Times, may that great paper rest in peace. And I still wear them, except now I work for a rural weekly waiting for technology and the economy to send all us old reporters out to pasture. Of course, I also wear slacks, LL Bean khakis. But the Levi fit is second to none. I tried Lee again but was dissatisfied. Higher waisted. Baggier. I had some Lees that rocked back in fourth grade but got battery acid all over them and they disintegrated. Batteries die at 30 below zero and you have to muscle them inside to warm and charge. I wore the same size 501s for years. I'd wash them several times so they'd soften. But now I'm old and wider. I wear 36 waist and 34 inseam. I wear a belt. And I love these pants.
on January 5, 2018
Ordered for my 18 year old son, not realizing these are the button jeans. I should have read more closely. Giving 4 stars not because of that, but because they are tight on him and he usually wears slims. These are supposed to be "original fit." I know people have gotten fatter in recent decades, but trust me, he is a slim boy. So be careful if you don't like tight jeans. If you do, these will be great.
on January 23, 2018
The denim material is way too thin. The first tear occured at the right back pocket, the second in the crotch area. I am between a 36 and 38 but still my 501 in 38 ripped. I had the same issue with Lewis 550 and send the damaged pants with a letter and a summary of customer reviews found on the internet back to the Levis HQ in SF. I am awaiting an answer....
on January 10, 2018
Normally Levi's fit perfectly. These were a little large in the waist for some reason. I thought they would shrink when I washed them but they are still a little big after several washing. This pair had been relegated to my 'wear as a last resort' section.
on January 18, 2018
I bought these for my husband. You can't go wrong with Levis....wish they made these in our country, like they use to. Be careful you may not want the button fly version. I did return 1 pair because of this issue.
on September 19, 2017
Not sure why the jeans have done this but after a couple of washings there are streaks where the black dye has faded and a white like color has taken the place of the black. These streaks are throughout the jeans.
on December 18, 2017
Levi has seemed to change over the years. The waist isn't as thick as it use to be. More of a lower cut. Which I wasn't looking for. The 501s use to go above the hip. Not anymore.No more Levi's for me
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.