Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 501 Original-Fit Jean
Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 5,945 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 26, 2012
I bought 501 dark stone wash jeans. Levis always been my fav brand for jeans but this recent purchase made me so unhappy. The area between my legs wore off just after 4 months of wearing and there was a hole in the back pocket where I used to carry my keys.
I guess I will have to find another brand now.. these are not strong enough now a days.
here are the photos!
[...]
review image review image
1313 comments| 380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2011
Can't believe it, but I guess times change and as a CPA I understand cost and profit issues in business, but it is still sad that I tried 3 times to order my favorite Levis jeans only to find they changed styles and cuts amounting to using less material since the waists are shorter and of course the thin, light weight denim. I would much rather have paid a higher price and have them left things the way they were, but I guess they would not get the volume of sales to support such a concept. I dread having to find another brand, but have no choice.

Good bye levi's, after more than 4 decades. I will miss you.
1414 comments| 656 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2009
I normally buy my husband's 501's at the mall but went this route because I was short on time. HUGE mistake. The material is totally different than any pair he owns and there are a lot of little differences that make me think these are knock offs. These jeans went straight to the work jeans pile because they are just weird in fit, color everything. They were also not much cheaper than I would have paid from a real retailer. I will not buy 501's again unless they are from trusted chain retail store.
11 comment| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
I have worn this brand and style for years but the quality has been compromised. I ordered three pair to replace my worn out jeans. Good fit but lousy quality. I will order another brand to wear to work. When did the quality change? What is the best value now? Very disappointing, but typical with manufacturers trying to save on the cost.
on January 20, 2015
So just got my order in today and guess what. I should of listened to the reviews they do feel like Levi's a bit different do then I start looking at the red stitches and at the bottom where it creases it was really thin WTH happened to Levi's. On the 2nd picture. The black LEVIS are store bought and left one which is the blue ones just got from Amazon.
on October 2, 2015
These Levis 501 jeans have to be fake. They have about less than 1/4 of an inch of hem on the leg cuffs. No real Levis would ever have such a small hem.

Plus, I bought these in February of 2015, it is October of 2015 and there is a huge hole in the crotch already. I have worn real Levis for more than a year before without any holes developing in them. I DO have some with holes that have been worn out with a year or 2 of use, but these wore out way too soon.

I will not buy Levis 501 jeans from Amazon again.
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
on December 26, 2014
Usual great Levi quality! Great price.
review image
on June 25, 2015
These jeans are made in Mexico. They look and feel like cheap knock-offs (the trademark "V" stitching on the back pockets doesn't even look right) and they sit at the waist more like hip huggers. The cuffs curled up because they skimped on the amount of material. I used to be able to count on Levis for quality and consistency. I guess those days are gone. Making more money by peddling a cheaply made product is now the standard.
on July 14, 2006
I have been wearing Levi's 501 since I was 16 - which means that for 22 years I keep returning to the classic, and it always fits just right.

This is the first time I am ordering my jeans through Amazon - I am not a big fan of ordering cloths remotely without trying it on, but I thought what the hey, how can I go wrong with the classic 501. And indeed I got it just right, same old great blue jeans: enter levi's into the e-commerge age.

Bottom line - as great as ever, and now online.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.