BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2017
501's used to come so stiff due the thickness of the fabric you had to wash them 20 times to get them to loosen up so yer legs could bend. These showed up like I'd already had 'em for a year. The waist is fine but I ordered a 36 inch inseam which is exactly what the rear hip label says. However, that isn't the case. The inseam seemed a little short as my other 36" inseam Levis are much longer...you guessed it...I measured the inseam...33 1/2". Now that's OK because they'll work with sneaks or boat shoes. but too short for boots. I realize what I got sent DID state they were the correct size. I'd order another pair but I need to know I'll get the correct length. How do we make that happen? I'm not convinced the Chinese care too much about accuracy here.
on September 24, 2017
Edit: the item i received from amazon was not a 501 original fit jean. Fit more like a skinny boot cut. Item was sent back.

These jeans always fit me great but never last a year until the crotch splits out on them. I've had them in various sizes over the years and love them. For $40-50 they're worth it. I went to a local retailer to buy them like I always do and they wanted $70!! I passed and just ordered from Amazon. One thing to note, the length seems to run short. I wear a 32 normally but need a 34 in these.
on May 8, 2017
I purchased these to wear casually, and when riding my motorcycle. I haven't purchased a pair if original 501's since high school, and let's just say that's been a while. These jeans still fit exactly as I remembered and I guess I should have never stopped wearing them. Sizing was perfect for me, 36 X 34. Very comfortable and would recommend theses if you haven't worn them for years or never. I'm not a bling and fancy thread design guy on my blue jeans. Just want them to fit right and be comfortable, and these do both nicely. I will be buying more!
on May 25, 2016
What can u say about 501 red tabs? Perfection embodied in denim. I WILL however comment on how incredible Amazons prices are on 501s (the other Levis lines as well). I recently lost some weight so I was in the bittersweet position of having to replace some older jeans. Decided to drop by a Kohls to grab a pair considering they have OKish deals on clothes most of the time. Their sale price on Levi's was astronomical! Let's just say I ended up grabbing a pair at regular price on Amazon for less than half of what I would have paid at Kohl's. Yes, blah buying volume of Amazon blah undercuts competitors blah. But I'm just not going to eat that much of a $ difference. Besides, Kohls is hardly mom and pop.
on October 20, 2017
Well these pants are a far cry from the 501's that I remember ! The weight of the material is thin, the button fly is not likeily to last long before needing repair, and the top of the front pockets are so light in material weight that they curl. I'm disappointed and will not buy again. I'll likley go back to the Duluth Trading ball room jeans...
on October 2, 2017
Back in the day, (70's) was always told, 501 shrink inch in the waist and 2 in the length,
For what ever reason these came in way to small in the waist without washing,
yet other Levis (non 501) my size works fine,
need to return and jump up to 33 x 34 so i can wear, and hope they don't shrink.
on May 3, 2017
Levi straight leg, 501 button fly jeans are just a classic and that’s all there is to it. Being able to get them in a non standard size that fits and not being able to get them at all made this purchase a no brainer. That’s why I've purchased four pair, “so far”!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.