Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,507 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,282 reviews
on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2016
What can u say about 501 red tabs? Perfection embodied in denim. I WILL however comment on how incredible Amazons prices are on 501s (the other Levis lines as well). I recently lost some weight so I was in the bittersweet position of having to replace some older jeans. Decided to drop by a Kohls to grab a pair considering they have OKish deals on clothes most of the time. Their sale price on Levi's was astronomical! Let's just say I ended up grabbing a pair at regular price on Amazon for less than half of what I would have paid at Kohl's. Yes, blah buying volume of Amazon blah undercuts competitors blah. But I'm just not going to eat that much of a $ difference. Besides, Kohls is hardly mom and pop.
on October 14, 2015
Levis are of good quality. However I ordered a 29 leg and received 30.5 leg. and that is what they were after washing. These were ordered for my husband and had to have them shortened. There fore who in what other foreign country did the sewing evidently have a different system of measuring. If I order these again I should probably order a 28 leg, but I will not do that owing to the fact the only person in the factory that knows American sizes will put together a pair of pants witha 28 leg. Can't take that chance.
on May 8, 2017
Wow, how can you review Levi's 501 if you have been wearing them for half a century? They are great. It is wonderful that Amazon stocks them and has lots of colors to choose from. I am glad somebody did not let appeal to customers vanity screw up the sizing. A 32 x 32 is the same size it was as far back as I can remember. Thanks, Levi's!
on November 3, 2016
I remain a fan of 501's. They always seem to fit better/feel more comfortable than other jeans and they hold up for a reasonably long time. The pair that I bought in Nov 2016 fits just as well as those I've bought in the past. I'm also a repeat buyer of the tan "Timberwolf" color -- t goes really well with many different shirt colors, just as khakis do.. I do agree with those other reviewers who say that Levi's seems to be using thinner fabrics (probably to save money and, perhaps, to make them more appealing in market areas with warmer climates south of the border where 501's remain somewhat popular). Even so, the lighter fabric does not wear out particularly fast in my experience. Style-wise, 501's are not what most American guys are wearing anymore and many hate the button fly design, but I think they still look better than most jeans that are on the market.
on June 28, 2016
For a person to have a 38 inch waist and be able to fit in these, they'd have to basically have no muscle or fat on their legs or posterior. I suspect the overseas contractor is cutting a little fabric on each item to stretch their profit margin. Buyer beware. If you can't try it before you buy it, I advise you forget it.
on June 8, 2014
Make no mistake, they are not the Levi's I grew up with nor are they even like the Levi's that I purchased just a couple of years ago. They are thin, not colorfast, and not well made, at all. They can't cost more than a few pennies to manufacture, and they are grossly over-priced. If you ignore the fact that they are supposed to be Levi's, and how much you are paying for them, then they're okay. They're comfortable, and they fit as expected. They serve their function as pants, and they are certainly better than just painting your legs blue, albeit not by much.
on February 25, 2017
I can't say I'm disappointed with the quality as levis never disappoints but this is my first 501's and I gotta tell you this having a button up crotch instead of a zipper caught me by surprise and after wearing them for a month I'll never buy another one.

Good quality but make sure you know what makes theses (original).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.