Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 18, 2016
All I can say is wow! I have been wearing Levis jeans 97% of the time for the last 29 years! Never have my jeans felt so thin. I pulled out my 2 previous pairs of 501's and they are thicker and better quality than this one. I will have to wear them and see what happens, but i don't think these are very durable. This Jean seems like it will rip easily and not last very long. I'm also concerned because I keep my smartphone in my front pocket. My last good quality pair lasted over 3 years before I got a hole in the pocket. These jeans will keep you cooler in the summer, but it will do the same in the winter unfortunately. This is not worth the $50 they are going for, but time will tell. Levis, once a great product doesn't seem so anymore! I may have to reluctantly find a new brand of jeans.
118 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on December 25, 2016
Have been wearing Levi's for years. They fit as usual. I enjoyed them because I always knew what size to order, and I thought I enjoyed the fit. However, recently Levi's have been poorly made. The material is thin and doesn't hold up. I also have found that the crotch area tends to pinch my tender spots when I sit down. After spending $50 for a pair or jeans and having them get torn in the crotch area after a week or working, I have since changed to Wrangler. I have found the 47 fit to be similar to Levi's, yet much stronger, and i don't experience the crotch pinch and tear like I do with my old 501's. I will say that I keep one new pair of 501's in the closet for my going out jeans. The color of 501's is hard to match in other brands, so when I need a more fancy pair to wear out, I still go to my one pair of 501's. If you work in your jeans, I would recommend trying a pair of Wrangler 47's for a more durable and half the cost pair of jeans.
25 people found this helpful
on March 18, 2018
This is basically about overall quality. Over the years I have watched the quality decline in every aspect.

Inconsistent workmanship. One used to be able to count on one pair of jeans being the same as previous pairs. Not the case anymore. In my last three orders of multiple pairs of 501s, items in the same order were inconsistent.

The fabric gets thinner every year.

Right rear pocket attachment point develops a hole over a short period of time. I do not carry anything in that pocket.

A pair of Levi's would last years. Six months is considered amazing with today's product.

These are made in more countries that I can begin to count with some of the worst quality control and workmanship that I could document using ISO9000 standards.

Bottom line. Overpriced junk. This is the last time I will deal with this company who was based on quality in the past but has lost their commitment to the primary factor that made them great. Time to try Wrangler once again next go around. Ordered them in the past and went back to Levi's after the thinner material seemed cheap. This latest Levi order makes Wrangler look more attractive with the latest, additional decline, in Levi quality.
17 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2016
One pair of jeans arrived with labels and all packaging and in new condition. The second pair arrived in a plastic bag with no labels and the color was several shades lighter than the jeans should have been. When I opened the packet I saw that there was a 4 inch fray in the crotch area, several oil stains around the jeans, a large stain on one knee and obvious signs of being worn and washed multiple times. The fray in the crotch area is so bad that I could put several fingers through it. Negative reviews are not my norm but I'm disgusted. I've attached the photos so that everyone can see.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
198 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on September 21, 2015
I always buy the same reference levi's 501 32 32, now the length is different, look in the manufacturer of the above and are made in Mexico, the new one is made in China and the size is different, look at the picture is bad
review image
185 people found this helpful
on September 24, 2015
Disappointing. I bought a few and all fit well when I tried them on. The problem I had with the jeans came up as I washed them before I used them. I have some kind of OCD thing when it comes to folding my jeans. I have to line up the bottom hems up first before I fold them. I noticed that Levi decided to shorten the bottom hem so no matter what I do they curl upwards. They went from appoxamatly 1/4 inch to less then 1/8 of an inch. The other thing I dislike is the number of tags they added to inside of the jeans. I'm a big guy and wear my jeans around the gut not under. The tags some how work them selfs up and out the top. That's not a biggy and is easily handled with some sissors. I noticed that stitching has gone down in quality from my older jeans. I put a 5 or so year old jeans on top of the new ones and saw the one ones just don't feel as durable as the old ones. I loved Levi's until I got these. The price has gone up while the quality has gone down. I think I will be switching over to wranglers because they cheaper and fit better. I have a few wranglers and they are double stitched in places where Levi's are only single stitched.
22 people found this helpful
on December 17, 2016
Ordered exactly the same jeans as I did 4 months ago, same size and color, and from the same vendor. The previous order was exactly as I expected, and fit perfectly. Still do. I expected exactly the same jeans in this most recent order, but got something that is tighter, shorter, in lighter fabric, and with a "striated" appearance in the fabric. They seem like cheap, counterfeit knock-offs of the original. How does that happen when you hit the "order these again" button on your Amazon account? Is quality control dead at Levi's, or maybe these are not even real Levi's?
15 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2015
These Levis 501 jeans have to be fake. They have about less than 1/4 of an inch of hem on the leg cuffs. No real Levis would ever have such a small hem.

Plus, I bought these in February of 2015, it is October of 2015 and there is a huge hole in the crotch already. I have worn real Levis for more than a year before without any holes developing in them. I DO have some with holes that have been worn out with a year or 2 of use, but these wore out way too soon.

I will not buy Levis 501 jeans from Amazon again.
review imagereview image
93 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 8, 2017
501's used to come so stiff due the thickness of the fabric you had to wash them 20 times to get them to loosen up so yer legs could bend. These showed up like I'd already had 'em for a year. The waist is fine but I ordered a 36 inch inseam which is exactly what the rear hip label says. However, that isn't the case. The inseam seemed a little short as my other 36" inseam Levis are much longer...you guessed it...I measured the inseam...33 1/2". Now that's OK because they'll work with sneaks or boat shoes. but too short for boots. I realize what I got sent DID state they were the correct size. I'd order another pair but I need to know I'll get the correct length. How do we make that happen? I'm not convinced the Chinese care too much about accuracy here.
3 people found this helpful
on August 19, 2017
I've purchased two pairs of 501's in the same "Rinse" color recently, a 40x and a 42x. The 42s were comfortable but a little big, so I order the 40s. In the same length the newer 40s are TWO INCHES SHORTER in the leg compared to the other pair (that the other has already been washed and dried). The color was also different (darker on the 40s) and the new ones are THINNER MATERIAL. The "better" pair was made in Mexico, the worse pair made in Egypt. Ordered about a month apart, sold and shipped from Amazon.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.