Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 501 Colored Rigid Shrink-to-Fit Jean (Clearance), Blue Green Rigid, 34x32
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 12, 2014
These are indeed labeled as "501 Shrink To Fit", but the denim they are made from is substantially lighter weight than the "regular" 501 Shrink To Fits I've been buying for decades.

Amazon does have the "originals" which I have purchased before and they can be found at:

If you want the original dark blue 501 Shrink To Fit than select the color "ridig" in the link above.
on October 28, 2013
Mine were made in Mexico. The denim seems to be high quality and the stitching is perfect. I bought them one size up in the waste and two up in the length. I washed them in cold, let them line dry til damp and then wore them until dry. The didn't shrink as much as I thought. I'm sure they will when the go through the dryer. The fit is fantastic and I can't wait to wear them in and shrink them down a little more. I can already feel that they are going to conform and fit me like a glove.
on December 7, 2011
As another reviewer mentioned, which I did not see before purchasing, the blue green rigid are shrink to fit. The description is very vague so there was no way of knowing. It's possible other washes may be the same, however I do know that Rinse is preshrunk. Overall the jeans are fine, but both my husband and I noticed that they arent near as thick and durable as they were a couple years back.
on April 26, 2014
These are shrink to fit jeans so you have to buy the right size larger in waist and length. Takes a few washes for them to shrink fully. So they might be a bit long and baggy for a few washes. Color is like an ocean blue color, instead of the standard dark blue. I like the color too.
on August 11, 2014
These fit ok. They are shrink to fit, so you have to size up a bit or they will shrink too small in the wash. They didn't shrink as much as the label said for now. The color is a bit unique, so it's not your regular blue jean.
on October 29, 2013
I soaked these for 20 minutes in warm water, threw them in the washer on spin cycle, put them on and they fit perfect. Before soaking they were two inches too long and one inch too big in the waste. I love the way they wear and will get more.
on June 2, 2014
These are nice looking pants, but they are very rigid, that in my opinion make them not so confortable andon the first wash nthey just lost some of the color. These are the Levis 501, model I've been using for more than 20 years! Not Worth the Money!
on September 16, 2012
Having bought a couple of other Levi's jeans already from Amazon, I have a good idea now of how the sizing is but when my 501 arrived I was surprised that it wasnt the straight fit jean that it was supposed to be. everybody I had asked to take a look at it commented that it was a baggy pair of pants and not straight leg which is a disappointment personally. I also would like to ask Amazon to mayhaps also make it possible for the purchaser to see where the item is made from/manufactured from. As the quality of the Levis pants is very much dependent on where it was made. The pair of 527's I got was made in Bangladesh and when I first got it, I could already see that the stitches in the back pockets were flimsy and lo, after a few weeks of use they were already fraying, one would think that an original pair of Levis would have better stichings than a pair of knock offs from around the corner. So far I am yet to be impressed
on April 26, 2014
You have to make sure of the size and color when buying on clearance.... but you sure can't beat the price!!
Found no faults with any of the three pair that arrived today.
Do love those 501's.
on August 23, 2014
This jeans fit great. I have not decided if I want to shrink them by washing them just yet. The color is marvelous. Only downside is they are truly rigid its going to take some time to break them in to get the fabric to soften through wear.