Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Size: 38W x 34L|Color: Barbque Rigid|Change
Price:$39.99 - $69.50

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 186 reviews
on February 22, 2015
I initially picked up a pair of black STF Levis in my typical waist size of 32 and tried shrinking them down, but they ended up a bit too large in the seat and thigh. I got these in size 31 and although they were fairly tight in the waist, once I shrunk them down they fit just about perfect everywhere now. The key (as I found from some online guides for this type of thing) is to buy the size that fits your waist as closely as possible and soak them with something stuck in the waistband so they can't shrink there. I used a roasting pan that was the perfect size and once I soaked the jeans in super hot water and then let them hang dry, they fit better than any pair of jeans I've ever had.

Make sure to size up a good bit in the inseam as well. My ideal inseam is probably right at 31 inches (which are pretty uncommon off the rack), but I got the 34 and they shrunk to a very manageable length.

The olive color is pretty interesting, with black threads contrasting with the green to make the color a bit darker than I had expected. The denim is also pretty lightweight in these. The black pair I have is heavier and nappier.
on July 30, 2013
"Indigo Navy" is a very cool, unique color, especially for raw denim. IMO, they are even lighter than they look in the photo. Out of the box the legs were baggy and too long. I did a pre-soak in cold water for ~30 mins, hung them outside for a bit so they weren't dripping wet, and then wore them to dry. The fit is great now - since I was wearing them the waist stayed about the same (as I hoped), but the legs shrunk down to be a better length with a bit of a taper below the knee. If you buy these, I highly recommend pre-soaking them. If you're worried about shrinkage, wear them while they dry! They'll shrink to your body, but won't go beyond that. As far as size, I bought my normal waist (36) and went up from a 30 to a 32 for the inseam. If you aren't planning to wear them while they dry, it's probably a good idea to size up in the waist too.

In Levi's I normally buy the 514, but wanted to check out the STF and I wasn't disappointed! My one comment is that these have a very high rise, especially compared to my normal 514 which are low-rise. I bought them knowing they would fit differently, and I have other jeans that claim to sit 'at the waist', but these are definitely the highest rise in my collection. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase (especially at the $25 price point, unbeatable!) and will probably be buying more 501 STFs soon.
on July 7, 2014
I love Levi's. I have tried Wrangler's, Lee's and the others and keep coming back. The fit is perfect. The cost, less than Levi's retail, is a little more than the others but well worth it - extremely durable and comfortable. Shipping was timely and arrived in great condition.
on November 13, 2014
I bought two pairs of these coloured jeans, and I like them both very much. They are not like normal denim, however. When dried, by machine, they wrinkle. These jeans become stiff as they dry (even by air) and the wrinkles that are formed are difficult to get out, even with an iron.

I air-dry all my jeans most of the time, and these too; but, when I first received the jeans I put them in the dryer to break them in, and the results were deep colour altering wrinkles that I could not get out. Now the colours have worn in evenly, but it was the strangest thing.

So, after washing the jeans I carefully lay them out on a rack to dry, and stretch them to prevent any wrinkles from starting.
on December 31, 2013
They are not the original dark blue denim, that we are used to. They are a softer denim blue, not very dark, definitely not navy. And they are a softer denim, lighter weight, not durable or heavy denim. I thought I was buying a pair of normal, original heavy denim, shrink to fit, 501's that got comfier as you wore/washed them. As time went on, they become like an old friend. Anyway, I was a little disappointed. My husband will wear them, but as yard/garage cleaning jeans, not for normal wear.
on April 22, 2014
I been rocking 501's for 30 years. Those commercials in the 80's sold me. I am hetro and the color is just fine. I of course asked around after they showed up. Everyone agrees, they are a 'good look'. I bought the BBQ rigid STF. Didn't shrink as much as I thought they might 1st go round, but all I did was soak them in hot/warm tub for 30 min. Again COLOR IS VERY DARK and not to loud even after washing. The rigid finish is very cool. It gives them a little more dressy/slacks-like appearance. On the bad side they definitely show any food or whatever. Very prone to looking dirty. I wear a 36 and bought 38. I might try shrinking them again, but much cooler than slim-cut jeans, in my opinion.
on September 28, 2014
I am a huge fan of 501 Shrink to Fit. The color is exactly as pictured in the model photo, and has started to wear in pretty well, too. Whatever you do, never wash them before letting them get pretty beat up and broken in; they'll come out streaked and blotchy. They don't shrink much when washed (a little in length, depending on wash temp), and stretch right back out, so don't buy them any wider than you normally wear. Levi's STF are some of the most comfy jeans I've ever worn, and they're not thin, soft, semi-denim, like a lot of companies are passing off as jeans these days.
on April 18, 2014
I was expecting more of a traditional indigo dye color which is more like the old Levi's 501 colors circa the 70s. This color was okay but lighter than expected but still pretty nice. The fit was good but the length shrinks more than I expected base on the chart. The waist was fine but I got a 34 inseam and after washing I measured and it shrank to a 29 1/2 which is more that I expected. Next time I would get a 36 inseam. I usually wear 32 in jeans, khaki's, dress pants and they break at the shoe top in front and hang just above the sole/heel in the back of the shoe.
on February 1, 2015
Levi's have a big history of doing one small, I'm 34 and this seems like a 32 or even a 30.

If you gonna buy any pants of Levi's then make sure you get one bigger or you gonna be stuck with gym for a long long time XD.

What do I like? the mark, I know it and it is one of the best, resistent, durable.

What do I dislike? the size... one small so I always have to remember getting one size bigger everytime I buy levi's.
on June 6, 2014
I purchased these jeans for my bf shortly after a trip to the mall. We went to 3 different stores all of which had this pair of jeans but not in the size needed. He loved the color and the way the fit his only caveat is that they were "rigid'. He had me wash them 5 times (with fabric softener) and then they shrunk up a little (maybe 1/4") but he loves how they wear and feel on him now. ALSO in the store they were $59.99 and I got them online for only $18!! Buying them here is a steal.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question