Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 40mm Genuine Leather 2 Pronged Buckle Belt
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on January 2, 2013
I was hesitant to buy this belt based on some of the negative reviews, but I am glad I chose to ignore those reviews and purchase this belt. As soon as the belt arrived, I inspected the leather and it is of high quality and it is real leather. The size was correct and the leather and buckle were new and bore the Levi's iconic stamp. I twisted and attempted to stretch the leather to see if it would tear, split, etc... (as stated in the negative reviews) and it did not rip, split, tear or otherwise shows any signs of failing or damage. I especially like the bridle double buckle style and it is well made. I wear a size 34 waist pants and the 38 belt size was perfect, even allowing for growth in the waist....lol or, more hopefully a decrease. The color black of the leather does not transfer off onto lighter colored clothing in my case thus far. Very please with purchase.
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
I read all the reviews concerning the size difference and decided to ere on the safe side. So, I ordered my belt two sizes larger than my waist as many suggested. If you are a true, even waste size - DO NOT order TWO sizes larger. I am a true, even 34" waist and the 38" was WAY too big. I had to return the 38" and ordered the 36". It fits much better and still leaves me some room for "expansion". I would recommend sticking with one size up, not two. Thanks to Amazon, I had no problems with the return process. On the positive side, the belt seems to be of good quality leather and was delivered super fast.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
I bought this belt about 8 years ago and have not had any issues with this great belt since the get go. Not only is it stylish, it has withstood quite a lot of abuse, and still does its job. The color has faded a bit but that is to be expected with any sort of leather product that has been used extensively. I like the dual prong buckle because it adds more of a "stable" feel when closing the buckle. I highly suggest this belt!
on February 18, 2013
What a great price for a 100% real leather belt! I can't stand those belts that are strips of faux leather pasted on top of each other because they begin to fall apart after only weeks or months. This is the real deal. Stylish and true to size. I would recommend to my friends.
on August 25, 2011
My husband has been in search of the perfect belt to replace his broken in and breaking belt from high school! Could not find in brown but this one in black was the closest match. So far seems to be holding up and very substantial / thick leather. Did not get 5 starts because the sizing is off. For a 36 jeans size in Levi's, we needed to order a 40 inch belt. I ended up having to order this belt 3 times to get the right size!
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
I read reviews that ranged from order 2 sizes larger to order the correct size. I went in the middle and ordered one size larger. I wear a 38 waist in Levi's jeans, and the 40" belt barely fits. I am on the largest of the holes. To be comfortable I should have ordered a 42". Out of laziness and a goal of not getting any larger I am keeping the belt, but next time will order 2 sizes larger, and just punch holes if needed for massive weight-loss.
on September 18, 2014
This looks like a good quality belt. I like the heavy buckle and the reasonably thick but still flexible leather. However, regarding the size... I guess there's a lot of misinformation on here (people saying it "runs small") that led me to buy a belt two sizes too big. Here's what I found: the numerical size of the belt corresponds to the distance from the TIP of the buckle to the FIRST set of holes. I got out a measuring tape to be sure. So in other words, it should fit true to size, plus a few extra inches of allowance (on mine there are 4 inches worth of holes).
on August 25, 2013
Nice thick leather made from real cows! Buckle very strong. I wear size 32 Levi's so I ordered a 34. Seems the right size, I'm on the second set of holes from the end. Good product at a very good price, great value.
on August 20, 2013
A belt is a cosmetic thing... It doesn't have to be thick, you aren't pulling a car with it. I just like a belt that feels like quality. This looks like quality, but it doesn't FEEL like quality. It feels thin and cheap, but it's just a belt and all it has to do is look nice.

Pros
It looks good.
If you wan't a wide belt, this isn't bad for the money.

Cons
Feels thin, cheap.

Bottom line
If you want a thick belt, look elsewhere.
on May 15, 2016
Nice belt. The leather is in good shape. No cracks. I like how wide the belt is. It will easily fit in the belt loops on your pants.
Buy larger then your waist. I wear 30 jeans. I bought the size 32 belt. It has room for me to be fatter or thinner. The wholes are punched in the belt at 32, 31, 30, 29, 28.