Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 19, 2017
I may be somewhat biased, because this is what guys wore when I was young, but I consider these the best jeans available. They're not quite as rugged as they were 50 years ago, but they still fit great and last a long time. The button fly is way more user-friendly than zippers, if you catch my ... meaning.
on November 3, 2015
Are identical to the Original Shrink-To-Fit jeans that I have bought for the past 60+ years. The material is the heavy dark blue material that made Levis famous. After washing one time in hot water, they shrank to my perfect size. I am thrilled that the company is still making these fantastic jeans without changes.

Thank you Amazon for carrying ALL of the styles, models and sizes of this product. All other stores in Denver, CO carry other models of Levis but not these Original Shrink-To-Fit jeans and not my size.
on December 7, 2017
After 2 years, these jeans are not so dark anymore. I bought the length & width 2" longer than I need, which was perfect after a few washes!

I am disappointed (hense 4 starts) that after 2 years these jeans are wearing out around my phone. The pocket has a small hole and the exterior of the jeans is wearing in the same area. This happens with all my jeans eventually. Maybe I expect too much out of jeans, but I'll be buying these again as I enjoy the heavy weight and dark color for work.
on July 13, 2015
These jeans are a huge disappointment. They are made of very thin, cheap cotton that wrinkles irreversibly, despite 30 minutes of ironing, (and who wants to iron their jeans even if the wrinkles would iron out?) They also have multiple snags in the fabric that I had to pull through to the inside. The tag is not the leather tag that is standard on Levi's, but some sort of cardboard. I ordered these for my son's birthday, which took place right before we left the country for a month, and when I returned and washed them to get his clothes ready for college, I found out what I had thrown my money away on as I am now outside of the return window of opportunity. We are a Levi's family, and these are not like any other Levi's we've ever purchased. I've learned my lesson. No more jeans from Amazon for us.
on April 5, 2017
I've always preferred Levis but this is the most rigid pair I've ever bought. They literally feel like they're made of canvas. I bought some 550's and 560's at the same time and they felt much better. So maybe it had to do with the dying process for this color? I have no other explanation.
on October 15, 2017
First time buying shrink-to-fit and i'm in love. I definitely don't want all my pants this rigid but I'm glad i got this pair. I'm usually a 32x32 but i ordered a 36x34. Fits great. The length doesnt seem like it shrunk at all, so i keep them rolled up.

I soaked them in steaming bathtub water twice but the second time didn't do much, if any. I was just trying to get the length shorter.

The fit looks perfect. I love the higher rise. However, my bike posture doesn't. It cramps up against my stomach too much when i'm hunched over on my road bike.
on September 5, 2017
Authentic 501's, fast service, shrink to fit in the same manner and the same sizing they have my whole life. Only 4 stars because of what Levi's has become, another greedy, offshore, sellout. Now as far away as Egypt ! The denim and dye are not like they used to be,I've been wearing them for sixty years.However, they are just as comfy as they have always been. Based on that alone, I'll keep wearing them 'til I die.
on May 23, 2017
Exactly as I wore back in the early 80's in college. Gave them a wash in cold, then a dry on medium, and bam - just I as remembered :) The Rigid STF is dark blue (like the ol' school jeans). I ordered 29x34 and after the wash and dry they are now 28x32. Still a bit stiff but have only had one wash. Just love them!! Can't go wrong and have nothing bad to say about these :):) Came with all original tags and washing instructions.
on February 10, 2017
I where 35 W 36 length. Very hard to find 35 waist jeans. 36 to baggy, 34 too tight. So I decided to test my luck with these shrink to fit.

I ordered 36 W / 38 L washed them in hot water and put in the dryer and they fit perfectly. Moving forward I'll only wash and air dry but needed to put them in the dryer to shrink them down to my size.

I look forward to years of use out of these jeans (as long as my waste doesn't get too big!).
on November 17, 2017
Denim is heavy, course and rough. Always buy 33-32 yet this pair is too short and way too tight. An issue with Levi's and their inconsistency with quality and sizing. If you purchase, hang on to all the packaging and if it doesn't fit right then, pack it up and return it. These new jeans are being donated to a mens transition house and I sure hope some skinny, short guy can get some use from them. They certainly were not 33W, 32L.
Will consider long and hard about purchasing Levi's in the future. Sizing issues with the 501, 511 and 505's. Try them before you pay for them!
Wood 38
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.