Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,841 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,015 reviews
on January 9, 2017
Bought the Khaki variant of the Levi 501 STF jeans, and I was pleasantly surprised to see they were made of White Oak Cone Denim. Very high quality denim made in North Carolina, but the jeans were assembled in Mexico. I purchased a pair of the Rigid STF and they did not shrink up as nicely as these did, but were not made of Cone demin FYI. I disregard Levi's sizing suggestion and purchase in my true waist size and 2 in longer inseam. Shrinks up perfectly on a quick wash on hot machine wash. Very happy with these, just took a star off for not making the whole product in USA.
review image review image
on May 7, 2016
The photos shows 2 pair of shrink-to-fit 501's that are 38x34 (I normally wear 36x30 or 36x32). In both photos the bottom pair haven't been treated yet.

For the top pair, I wore them in a tub of hot water for 30 minutes, let them line dry until damp, and then wore them until they were dry (did some housework and walked 2 miles). The length shrank ~3".

The second photo shows the waist shrinkage, ~1" so far (both top buttons are aligned-notice the difference between the labels) and from past experience the waist will probably shrink another .5-1" over time.

I don't plan on washing them again for about 6 months, probably longer.
review image review image
on August 13, 2016
ordered same size, style etc that we have always ordered. identical. after 4 washes still has permanent creases in the denim across the front thigh of one leg and permanent rumples, wave like pattern on back of same thigh. wrinkled and slightly discolored. waist is also about one inch smaller. not happy with this item but too late after all the washing to return. onviously they used remnant denim fabric. if you are selling factory seconds they should be advertised as such. these were the same price as our local levi store. only bought with amazon for convenience. wont do that again. id give it no star but it wont allow me to do so.
on April 23, 2015
A couple weeks ago, after reading all the praise of raw denim, I decided to try a pair of the Levi's 501STF jeans. First off, some background info: I typically wear a 34x32 in jeans depending on the brand and style. I have some Levis 550s + a couple pair of 7 for All Mankind jeans which I wear regularly sized 34x32. After trying a couple different sizes of 501s I finally settled on 501STF 36W x 34L.

New, out-of-the-pack, the 501s were very boxy, rough feeling, and heavy. They fit loose in the waist, seat & thighs.

Instead of doing a hot water soak in the tub before the first wear, I threw the 501s in the washer and ran them on a light agitation mini-cycle wash using hot water only; no detergent. After the wash cycle, I pulled the jeans out & put them on wet, wearing them until they dried. Straight out of the washer the jeans were almost uncomfortably confining in the waist and thighs, and generally felt very heavy and tight. However, after a couple of wears they softened considerably & loosend up all over. Now I wear a belt with them to keep them from drooping/sagging.

I've since done one additional hot water soak in the tub. In total the length of the jeans shrank from 34L to approximately 32L which is great for me. The waist shrank at least one size and are now about as loose as my pair of 34 Levi's 550s.

Now my decision is whether or not to keep wearing them without washing, hoping for the "perfect fade"! Overall I'm very pleased with these jeans. I also really dig that retro 1970s indigo dark blue color!
on January 7, 2017
For 30 years (about every 4 years) I buy 4 new 501 shrink-to-fit jeans. I will buy no other jeans... until now. I bought 2 new pair, washed them as I always have, and the button holes are shredding and catching the buttons and fraying and are already not closing. My 4 year old jeans seams are in better condition than the brand new pairs. OBVIOUSLY Levis has lowered themselves to the modern world of crappy construction. It's a sad day for me. I never thought they'd change--I thought Levis would be the one constant in an ever-changing world of companies lowering their standards and changing for the worse. But nothing is sacred. I will never buy Levis again.
on May 21, 2017
These are not 501 shrink to fit jeans.

They would be a fine product for someone who knew this was what they wanted, but these jeans should have a different name because this is a totally different product. The ultra thin, dishtowel-soft, lightweight denim might be what someone is looking for. But if you have worn Levi's 501 STFs before, and you want more of the same, you're totally justified in thinking jeans with precisely the same name are the same jeans, more or less. It's kind of the point of branding.

It's a false, deceptive label.
on December 5, 2015
Levi's are cult jeans. Like many others, I've worn Levi's for 50 years.

This product is a total disappointment. Previous reviews are correct: Levi's made in Egypt (as mine were, as shown on the tag), are flimsy and more like jeans from Penny's or Sear's. The denim is thin, the fit is irregular, high wasted, and more like "Mommy Jeans". My old Levi's, 3 years old and well worn, fit much better, and are much tougher --- despite the wear.

From now on, I'll buy jeans at the store, and look at the label for country of manufacture.
on March 29, 2017
I guess I should count myself lucky because I have a 20- or 30-year-old pair in the same size to compare these to... But when I do, I'm not crazy about what I see. The fit is about the same, except that the old ones have been through the dryer many a time, and these have only been hung up to air dry. I'm thinking to go up an inch, but after 20+ years, I suppose that's onlly fair.

Otherwise, the denim itself is lighter weight and the craftsmanship is not comparable. The seams inside the leg, for example, now have one row of stitching, rather than two, and the stitch count (stitches per inch) is definitely lower, suggesting an emphasis on quantity over quality.

They're still a decent pair of jeans for the price - this is my second pair and they definitely out-last another big brand.. though my point of comparison with the other brand is 1/3 the price, so I probably shouldn't expect much. For what it's worth, I wear these at least six days a week - in cooler weather, anyway - and wash them only when they really start to look disreputable. So for me, if they last 3-4 months, that's a pretty reasonable value...
on August 31, 2016
I've been wearing these for over 50 years. The most significant change is where they are made. The most recent pair is from Haiti, the previous ones were from Egypt and before that from Mexico. Because they shrink so much, they're a bit tricky to buy because the off-the-shelf fit does not correspond to their fit after about four wash and (hot) dry cycles. They shrink 10%. That's most noticeable in the length. Waist shrinkage can be offset somewhat by stretching during wear. After they're washed the first few times, it's a struggle to close the waist but the jeans eventually relax through the waist. The shrinkage in the length is forever.
on April 7, 2017
I purchased the same size Levi's I have worn for years. This pair was too short and small around the waist. (No, I have not gained weight.) You don't know how they fit until you wash them, but then you can't return them. This pair went to Goodwill. $50 wasted. Will never by Levi's again. Also, quality of fabric is way below my expectations. This brand has decline tremendously.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.