Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,740 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,909 reviews
on May 7, 2016
The photos shows 2 pair of shrink-to-fit 501's that are 38x34 (I normally wear 36x30 or 36x32). In both photos the bottom pair haven't been treated yet.

For the top pair, I wore them in a tub of hot water for 30 minutes, let them line dry until damp, and then wore them until they were dry (did some housework and walked 2 miles). The length shrank ~3".

The second photo shows the waist shrinkage, ~1" so far (both top buttons are aligned-notice the difference between the labels) and from past experience the waist will probably shrink another .5-1" over time.

I don't plan on washing them again for about 6 months, probably longer.
review image review image
on April 23, 2015
A couple weeks ago, after reading all the praise of raw denim, I decided to try a pair of the Levi's 501STF jeans. First off, some background info: I typically wear a 34x32 in jeans depending on the brand and style. I have some Levis 550s + a couple pair of 7 for All Mankind jeans which I wear regularly sized 34x32. After trying a couple different sizes of 501s I finally settled on 501STF 36W x 34L.

New, out-of-the-pack, the 501s were very boxy, rough feeling, and heavy. They fit loose in the waist, seat & thighs.

Instead of doing a hot water soak in the tub before the first wear, I threw the 501s in the washer and ran them on a light agitation mini-cycle wash using hot water only; no detergent. After the wash cycle, I pulled the jeans out & put them on wet, wearing them until they dried. Straight out of the washer the jeans were almost uncomfortably confining in the waist and thighs, and generally felt very heavy and tight. However, after a couple of wears they softened considerably & loosend up all over. Now I wear a belt with them to keep them from drooping/sagging.

I've since done one additional hot water soak in the tub. In total the length of the jeans shrank from 34L to approximately 32L which is great for me. The waist shrank at least one size and are now about as loose as my pair of 34 Levi's 550s.

Now my decision is whether or not to keep wearing them without washing, hoping for the "perfect fade"! Overall I'm very pleased with these jeans. I also really dig that retro 1970s indigo dark blue color!
on August 13, 2016
ordered same size, style etc that we have always ordered. identical. after 4 washes still has permanent creases in the denim across the front thigh of one leg and permanent rumples, wave like pattern on back of same thigh. wrinkled and slightly discolored. waist is also about one inch smaller. not happy with this item but too late after all the washing to return. onviously they used remnant denim fabric. if you are selling factory seconds they should be advertised as such. these were the same price as our local levi store. only bought with amazon for convenience. wont do that again. id give it no star but it wont allow me to do so.
on January 9, 2017
Bought the Khaki variant of the Levi 501 STF jeans, and I was pleasantly surprised to see they were made of White Oak Cone Denim. Very high quality denim made in North Carolina, but the jeans were assembled in Mexico. I purchased a pair of the Rigid STF and they did not shrink up as nicely as these did, but were not made of Cone demin FYI. I disregard Levi's sizing suggestion and purchase in my true waist size and 2 in longer inseam. Shrinks up perfectly on a quick wash on hot machine wash. Very happy with these, just took a star off for not making the whole product in USA.
review image review image
on March 29, 2017
I guess I should count myself lucky because I have a 20- or 30-year-old pair in the same size to compare these to... But when I do, I'm not crazy about what I see. The fit is about the same, except that the old ones have been through the dryer many a time, and these have only been hung up to air dry. I'm thinking to go up an inch, but after 20+ years, I suppose that's onlly fair.

Otherwise, the denim itself is lighter weight and the craftsmanship is not comparable. The seams inside the leg, for example, now have one row of stitching, rather than two, and the stitch count (stitches per inch) is definitely lower, suggesting an emphasis on quantity over quality.

They're still a decent pair of jeans for the price - this is my second pair and they definitely out-last another big brand.. though my point of comparison with the other brand is 1/3 the price, so I probably shouldn't expect much. For what it's worth, I wear these at least six days a week - in cooler weather, anyway - and wash them only when they really start to look disreputable. So for me, if they last 3-4 months, that's a pretty reasonable value...
on March 2, 2017
I am so content to have found these pants on Amazon, I was never able to find my size at any of the local retail or outlet stores, I need the 38" length. Since I have found these on Amazon, I have made annual orders past 3 years. At first, I was skeptical of the quality and material but these are truly like the 501's that I used to get years ago, not like some of the ones that you find in the stores consisting of stretch denim or other type of lightweight denim. Be sure to follow the directions in order to determine the correct size to order, they'll arrive stiff like canvas and a bit large but given time, they will soften and form to your body, eventually to fit you like a glove. I usually order two pairs a year as they start out as my "going-out" jeans then transition to my work jeans. I see myself continuing to purchase these 501's in the years to come.
on August 25, 2015
I've been wearing shrink to fit Levi's 501 jeans for decades. They last longer, wear better and fit better than the non-shrink to fit Levi's 501's. I also have to say, it is B.S. about all these people getting in a tub of hot water and wearing them till they are dry, and then wearing and not washing them for six months. That's disgusting. i bought two pair and tried the tub method and the normal washing method and there is NO difference. I just turn them wrong side out, wash and dry them normally. I wash everything in warm water too! You do have to get them a little bigger in the waist and a couple of inches longer in length due to shrinkage. Great jeans.
on December 21, 2016
Just what I wanted.

I usually buy a 32x34 and did so here.

They shrunk just a little, but overall it was absolutely fine.

I washed them warm and then let them air dry a few times before I started just washing them normally.

Most of the shrinkage I notices was in the crossgrain (around), the grain (length) was almost no shrinkage (this I expected, just adding it to help if you guys want the input).
on April 7, 2017
I purchased the same size Levi's I have worn for years. This pair was too short and small around the waist. (No, I have not gained weight.) You don't know how they fit until you wash them, but then you can't return them. This pair went to Goodwill. $50 wasted. Will never by Levi's again. Also, quality of fabric is way below my expectations. This brand has decline tremendously.
on March 14, 2017
Fit as expected, I have been buying 501 original shrink to fits since 1970. The only downside is the denim material has become thinner over the years and they have not been Made In America for a very long time. Which means occasionally the seams are crooked, the legs have an unnatural twist to them and the stitching is messed up. At a retail price of 60 bucks and change on sale buying is all I can afford (9.99 was my 1st pair). I really would like to see them made in the USA with American made raw materials and US citizen workers again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.