Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,873 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,047 reviews
on January 9, 2017
Bought the Khaki variant of the Levi 501 STF jeans, and I was pleasantly surprised to see they were made of White Oak Cone Denim. Very high quality denim made in North Carolina, but the jeans were assembled in Mexico. I purchased a pair of the Rigid STF and they did not shrink up as nicely as these did, but were not made of Cone demin FYI. I disregard Levi's sizing suggestion and purchase in my true waist size and 2 in longer inseam. Shrinks up perfectly on a quick wash on hot machine wash. Very happy with these, just took a star off for not making the whole product in USA.
review image review image
on April 23, 2015
A couple weeks ago, after reading all the praise of raw denim, I decided to try a pair of the Levi's 501STF jeans. First off, some background info: I typically wear a 34x32 in jeans depending on the brand and style. I have some Levis 550s + a couple pair of 7 for All Mankind jeans which I wear regularly sized 34x32. After trying a couple different sizes of 501s I finally settled on 501STF 36W x 34L.

New, out-of-the-pack, the 501s were very boxy, rough feeling, and heavy. They fit loose in the waist, seat & thighs.

Instead of doing a hot water soak in the tub before the first wear, I threw the 501s in the washer and ran them on a light agitation mini-cycle wash using hot water only; no detergent. After the wash cycle, I pulled the jeans out & put them on wet, wearing them until they dried. Straight out of the washer the jeans were almost uncomfortably confining in the waist and thighs, and generally felt very heavy and tight. However, after a couple of wears they softened considerably & loosend up all over. Now I wear a belt with them to keep them from drooping/sagging.

I've since done one additional hot water soak in the tub. In total the length of the jeans shrank from 34L to approximately 32L which is great for me. The waist shrank at least one size and are now about as loose as my pair of 34 Levi's 550s.

Now my decision is whether or not to keep wearing them without washing, hoping for the "perfect fade"! Overall I'm very pleased with these jeans. I also really dig that retro 1970s indigo dark blue color!
on July 31, 2017
I have recently rediscovered Shrink to fit. Amazing. Perfect fit, durable, great looking jeans. I was tired of paying 100-200 for jeans that while nice, were not worth the money and fell apart far too quickly. My only advice, buy your waist size, and 1-2 inches too long, soak them in hot water, hang them up to drip for a bit, then pat dry with a dark towel ( so it does not stain). Then wear until dry. I tried a pair one size up in the waist and they ended up too big and baggy, even using the washing and drying method. You can't go wrong if they fit before getting wet and you wear them to dry, otherwise it seems difficult to get the shrinkage just right. Good luck. It is well worth it. Best jeans I have owned in years.
on December 5, 2015
Levi's are cult jeans. Like many others, I've worn Levi's for 50 years.

This product is a total disappointment. Previous reviews are correct: Levi's made in Egypt (as mine were, as shown on the tag), are flimsy and more like jeans from Penny's or Sear's. The denim is thin, the fit is irregular, high wasted, and more like "Mommy Jeans". My old Levi's, 3 years old and well worn, fit much better, and are much tougher --- despite the wear.

From now on, I'll buy jeans at the store, and look at the label for country of manufacture.
on March 29, 2017
I guess I should count myself lucky because I have a 20- or 30-year-old pair in the same size to compare these to... But when I do, I'm not crazy about what I see. The fit is about the same, except that the old ones have been through the dryer many a time, and these have only been hung up to air dry. I'm thinking to go up an inch, but after 20+ years, I suppose that's onlly fair.

Otherwise, the denim itself is lighter weight and the craftsmanship is not comparable. The seams inside the leg, for example, now have one row of stitching, rather than two, and the stitch count (stitches per inch) is definitely lower, suggesting an emphasis on quantity over quality.

They're still a decent pair of jeans for the price - this is my second pair and they definitely out-last another big brand.. though my point of comparison with the other brand is 1/3 the price, so I probably shouldn't expect much. For what it's worth, I wear these at least six days a week - in cooler weather, anyway - and wash them only when they really start to look disreputable. So for me, if they last 3-4 months, that's a pretty reasonable value...
on August 31, 2016
I've been wearing these for over 50 years. The most significant change is where they are made. The most recent pair is from Haiti, the previous ones were from Egypt and before that from Mexico. Because they shrink so much, they're a bit tricky to buy because the off-the-shelf fit does not correspond to their fit after about four wash and (hot) dry cycles. They shrink 10%. That's most noticeable in the length. Waist shrinkage can be offset somewhat by stretching during wear. After they're washed the first few times, it's a struggle to close the waist but the jeans eventually relax through the waist. The shrinkage in the length is forever.
on April 7, 2017
I purchased the same size Levi's I have worn for years. This pair was too short and small around the waist. (No, I have not gained weight.) You don't know how they fit until you wash them, but then you can't return them. This pair went to Goodwill. $50 wasted. Will never by Levi's again. Also, quality of fabric is way below my expectations. This brand has decline tremendously.
on March 13, 2016
Horrible quality.

Accounting for the shrinking I bought it a size bigger than my regular 501's. But it shrinked way more than it said. It fit quite large before washing, but after... It did not fit at all ... and even the length shrank well over an inch.

Just after the first wash it got crumpled up so badly I did not even attempt to iron it. Went straight to return it.

I've never had any problems with any of my other Levi's before, and I've always been a Levi's fan. This is the first time they fail me so horribly.
on May 14, 2017
As others have mentioned Levi's 501 are not the same as they used to be! The material is very thin, 12 oz. maybe. I am 56 yrs. old and have been wearing 501 jeans since the sixties. They have gone down hill folks. I have ordered 3 pair on line, 1 pair made in Mexico, 2 pair from Egypt, all look and fit a little different. All three pair the right leg is about a 1/2 to 1 inch shorter than the left leg. At $50+ a pair, that is unexceptable.
on June 3, 2016
The material is different and it is awful. I've been wearing the same pants for 30 years and this new stuff is almost unwearable. It looks different, it's stiff and comes out of the dryer so wrinkled you almost have to iron it.

It isn't my imagination. I have a new pair of the same pants (same part number, etc) that still have the tags on them and when placed side by side with these new abominations it is obvious that they're different. Why Levi would change material is beyond me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.