Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on April 17, 2011
I have worn Levi's 505 Jeans for 25 years. I even have a box of "34's" in the attic for when I lose a couple of pounds.

I just sent back 2 new pairs of these jeans because they no longer fit as the other pairs I own. I called Levi's to find out why.

I was told that they changed the fit several months ago, without changing the numeral designation. 505's are now only made as "Straight Fit" rather than "Regular Fit". In addition, they have lowered the "Rise" to a "below the waist" fit, rather than the old "at the waist" fit.

Sorry Levi's, you can't do that without losing long-term customers. How can you change something as basic and important as fit, but still call it the same thing?Levi's Mens 505 Straight Fit Jean
5858 comments| 1,313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2010
I've been buying 505's for many years; I could hardly believe my recent order was supposedly the same product. The material is *much* thinner than it was even a couple years ago, and overall they look like flimsy knockoff copies of the genuine article. If you are considering buying these, don't just take my word for it, look at the other reviews that discuss the dramatic recent drop in quality; ignore these only at your own peril, like I foolishly did. The only consolation is that for $22 a piece, they are not such a bad deal for generic casual pants and as such I will probably not endure the hassle of returning them, but had I paid anything close to list price I would have felt royally ripped-off. They will certianly be the last Levi's I ever buy, however. Too bad, it feels kind of like losing an old friend.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2015
bought two pair at same time. wore them a few times each. i ripped the back pocket some how, thought it was a fluke. then i was playing soccer with my 5 year old when i reached for a wide ball the second pair ripped right in front area (good thing for underwear) see attached pics. i remember when levi's would last at-least 2 years
review image review image
on March 26, 2012
For years, I have always been able to buy jeans for my husband without any problems -- Levis 505 regular fit. I recently ordered and received a couple of new pair for him, and OMG ... they were a completely different fit! Both pair! They ride low, and the overall fit is not flattering - at all!!! Levi's has RUINED a perfect fitting jean! I WANT THE OLD 505'S BACK!!!!
on February 16, 2015
I have been wearing Levi's 505 jeans for as long as I can remember. I have purchased these style of jeans several times over the years online through Amazon. My most recent purchase was completely a surprise. I figured 505 jeans made a few years ago would be the same as 505 jeans sold today. WRONG! Levi Strauss in their infinite wisdom appears to have changed the cut/fit of these jeans. What used to be a comfortable fit is now replaced by a low-rise, snug-fitting pair of pants. Additionally, the front pockets are now ridiculously shallow. I can barely fit my cell phone in my front pocket (and I'm not rockin' a large phone either). This is borderline product substitution on Levi's part. If they changed the cut, they should have given the new pants a new style number. Poor, unsuspecting (and formerly loyal) customers have to find out the hard way that the pants have changed. What a shame. These were great pants that I really use to enjoy. I contacted Levi's via email and phone. I just got canned responses in both cases. Levi's doesn't care about their customers. I asked the rep if Levi's made a comparable fit jeans under a different style number. The response was, "I don't think so". Audios Levis - I'm off to find another manufacturer who makes clothes that fit properly.
on December 18, 2015
Levi's 505 Regular fit has changed and the fit and sizing is off by an inch and mislabeled. They cut an inch out of the rise from seem above pocket to top of belt loop so they ride low and keep falling down. They are contoured differently. Obviously they are not made in America and quality control and tradition do not mean anything to greedy manufactures who are pissing on their loyal customers and even their own name. I will not but them any longer and I love my old ones because they fit correctly but the new pair I bought here are no dam good. Shame on you for screwing up a classic. Shame on Levi's a brand that you can no longer rely on.

PS. Do not ask if they are too small or to big as the fit is too big and too small in places and add a box for 'Does NOT fit as expected.
on February 22, 2015
I've worn Levi jeans for several decades. About two years ago I ordered four pairs of Levi 505. Their quality was terrible compared to what Levi used to produce. The fabric was thinner and of poorer quality, the fit was much looser (they continually slipped down over my hips). Levi has begun to sell a brand name, rather than a quality product. I'll no longer purchase Levis. I recently purchase a pair of Wranger jeans. they fit right, the fabric was of much higher quality, they had two additional belt loops, and they cost less than half the price of the Levis that I last purchased.
on April 19, 2012
These Jeans are pure rubbish! Cheap, thin demin that feels like it is made from newspaper pulp. I swear, I think they contain some percentage of newspaper pulp, just so Levi's can cut down on costs. They lose their colors in just a few washes and the fibers start fraying as soon as you wear them. They crush your crotch, they slide down and need to be hiked up every minute. Levi's has obviously been taken over by a Bunch of MBA's with degrees in worthlessness. MBA should stand for Master's in Business Assassination, because that's what they actually accomplish in the end. Look what MBA's did to apple before apple wised up and fired them all. Apple was nearly killed by MBAs! I am frustrated because I cannot find any Jeans that fit on the waist like normal jeans do. I mean, what are these elitist upper management asswipes thinking, that by reducing the rise in their jeans, Men can wear them? We have balls and we do not like crushed nuts. Also, this stupid low rise jean trend needs to die already. What kind of guy likes to have crushed nads, and have his pants hanging off his ass at the same time? I guess American Has become Snookie Stupid, because looking like a douchey asswipe is consider cool.

I've spent months looking for jeans that fit like normal jeans. I went to LL. Bean but all their jeans look like something an elderly man would wear diapers with. I am 30 years old, and I just want normal jeans. Anyone know of any replacement brands for Levi's?
on March 24, 2016
As previous reviews state the fit is nowhere close to earlier Levi's 505s. Too long in legs, too short in rise, pockets too shallow for anything.
Additionally the quality of the material is significantly sub par! I don't know what the weight of the now fabric is but it will never stand up to years of service as previous Levi's. Perhaps planned obsolescence is their business strategy now. A belt loop (one of the reduced number vs earlier style) ripped off the third time I wore them.
Poor fit poor, poor workmanship, poor quality fabric, I'm assuming poor upper management business decisions have relegated a loyal customer to look elsewhere for quality jeans. Shame on an American icon.
on April 20, 2011
I ordered a pair of the 505s for my husband. He is and always has been a 32x32 and always wears the same Levis 505s...First of all, Rigid is not a color, it is an adjective. I have never seen jeans so stiff and uncomfortable. The pair could literally stand up on their own when they arrived. Second, they may be marked 32x32, but they certainly fit like a 34x34.

I was hoping to save money, I should have just gone to my local Macys and picked up a pair there. At least he would have a pair of jeans he would actually wear then.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.