Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 352 reviews
on February 16, 2015
I have been wearing Levi's 505 jeans for as long as I can remember. I have purchased these style of jeans several times over the years online through Amazon. My most recent purchase was completely a surprise. I figured 505 jeans made a few years ago would be the same as 505 jeans sold today. WRONG! Levi Strauss in their infinite wisdom appears to have changed the cut/fit of these jeans. What used to be a comfortable fit is now replaced by a low-rise, snug-fitting pair of pants. Additionally, the front pockets are now ridiculously shallow. I can barely fit my cell phone in my front pocket (and I'm not rockin' a large phone either). This is borderline product substitution on Levi's part. If they changed the cut, they should have given the new pants a new style number. Poor, unsuspecting (and formerly loyal) customers have to find out the hard way that the pants have changed. What a shame. These were great pants that I really use to enjoy. I contacted Levi's via email and phone. I just got canned responses in both cases. Levi's doesn't care about their customers. I asked the rep if Levi's made a comparable fit jeans under a different style number. The response was, "I don't think so". Audios Levis - I'm off to find another manufacturer who makes clothes that fit properly.
on April 17, 2011
I have worn Levi's 505 Jeans for 25 years. I even have a box of "34's" in the attic for when I lose a couple of pounds.

I just sent back 2 new pairs of these jeans because they no longer fit as the other pairs I own. I called Levi's to find out why.

I was told that they changed the fit several months ago, without changing the numeral designation. 505's are now only made as "Straight Fit" rather than "Regular Fit". In addition, they have lowered the "Rise" to a "below the waist" fit, rather than the old "at the waist" fit.

Sorry Levi's, you can't do that without losing long-term customers. How can you change something as basic and important as fit, but still call it the same thing?Levi's Mens 505 Straight Fit Jean
5150+ comments| 1,329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2016
As previous reviews state the fit is nowhere close to earlier Levi's 505s. Too long in legs, too short in rise, pockets too shallow for anything.
Additionally the quality of the material is significantly sub par! I don't know what the weight of the now fabric is but it will never stand up to years of service as previous Levi's. Perhaps planned obsolescence is their business strategy now. A belt loop (one of the reduced number vs earlier style) ripped off the third time I wore them.
Poor fit poor, poor workmanship, poor quality fabric, I'm assuming poor upper management business decisions have relegated a loyal customer to look elsewhere for quality jeans. Shame on an American icon.
on February 23, 2015
Ordered from Zappos, an Amazon company. For years we have bought the same size and color (" Rinse") of 505 jeans. They almost always fit correctly after the first wash and some shrinkage. This color is dark enough to look almost "formal" at first. Then they get worn almost every day, become faded and eventually develop wear holes. Ironically, they then look exactly like the kind of artificially worn-out jeans that some people pay extra for!.

Anyway, at that point they get retired to housework and other dirty chores, and new jeans replae them. We've done this several times, just bought this same color and same size, and started over. One year, we noticed a difference in the fit between factories -- Mexico fit differently from Lesotho -- but we were able to get the same comfortable fit by returning one place and ordering elsewhere.

The current pair are worn out, must be a couple years old, so we ordered the replacements as usual. Like many people have complained before, we find the front pockets to be too shallow. It is hard to understand why they would make front pockets an inch or more shallower, just when people are putting bigger and bigger things in those pockets. Also one gets the feeling that keys or pocket change or other stuff will fall out if one happens to relax too far in the couch or whatever.

Unlike other people, we found the fit to be nearly perfect, the fabric seems sturdy, the color is correct, and there are the same seven belt loops as always. It is thus very frustrating, that the jeans are exactly what we wanted -- except for the front pockets. What a weird and stupid surprise.

We will almost surely send them back, and we are already shopping for alternatives. Unfortunately, so far we are finding compromises of one kind or another in nearly every brand. Fabric is thinner, or back pockets are too small, or the fit is not as good...

We have not ruled out the idea of simply making some alterations on those stupid pockets, so they are as deep as before, as this is a lot easier than any other alterations one could make on a pair of jeans. But obviously one is then nervous whether the alterations will hold up.

Levis, what on earth were you thinking? We would have paid 50 cents more -- which is probably more than you saved by reducing the pocket fabric. I notice that many recent reviews are from people who seem happy with the current product, but I assume they've never seen the "real" 505 jeans of just 2-3 years ago and more. These would have been 5 stars if they had left the pockets at a useable depth. But they didn't...
on December 18, 2015
Levi's 505 Regular fit has changed and the fit and sizing is off by an inch and mislabeled. They cut an inch out of the rise from seem above pocket to top of belt loop so they ride low and keep falling down. They are contoured differently. Obviously they are not made in America and quality control and tradition do not mean anything to greedy manufactures who are pissing on their loyal customers and even their own name. I will not but them any longer and I love my old ones because they fit correctly but the new pair I bought here are no dam good. Shame on you for screwing up a classic. Shame on Levi's a brand that you can no longer rely on.

PS. Do not ask if they are too small or to big as the fit is too big and too small in places and add a box for 'Does NOT fit as expected.
on December 1, 2015
Having wasted lots of time trying to penetrate the modern "marketing" values, I finally had to try and GUESS which of the fancy "blue jean" colors is actually an actual BLUE JEAN color; I finally tried "dark stonewash," and it's what I dreaded - an attempt to provide a slightly "worn-looking" version of an actual blue jean color - like I need the store's help to give me a phony "genuine look." So I had to return them. I've just wasted a lot more time trying to figure out what I missed the first time, and - can you BELIEVE it? - there is NO LONGER ANY WAY to order Levis as the blue-jeans they used to be. I have not been able to find an answer to this question. I am trying to think of a dumber marketing oversight, no luck so far. If you want great blue-jeans, Patagonia sells them - a lot more money, but well worth it: no marketing nonsense.
on March 3, 2010
I've been buying 505's for many years; I could hardly believe my recent order was supposedly the same product. The material is *much* thinner than it was even a couple years ago, and overall they look like flimsy knockoff copies of the genuine article. If you are considering buying these, don't just take my word for it, look at the other reviews that discuss the dramatic recent drop in quality; ignore these only at your own peril, like I foolishly did. The only consolation is that for $22 a piece, they are not such a bad deal for generic casual pants and as such I will probably not endure the hassle of returning them, but had I paid anything close to list price I would have felt royally ripped-off. They will certianly be the last Levi's I ever buy, however. Too bad, it feels kind of like losing an old friend.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
I haven't tried Levi's in years, but the brand I've been wearing no longer fits because they have gone the skinny jeans route. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs with a 32 inch waist and 30 inch inseam. I have relatively muscular thighs so I can't wear skinny jeans. It's also difficult to find pants that fit properly in the crotch--most have a rise that's too long since I wear my jeans beneath my belly button. I know some consider that too low as the "natural waist" is around the belly button.

These 505s fit perfectly. Comfortable in the waist, correct length inseam, no sagging in the crotch, and not too tight, not too loose in the thigh. I tried 559s as well. They're good, but but a little on the loose side.

If you're shorter than average and you wear your jeans beneath your belly button, you'll probably like the rise length on these. And for those with a little meat on their thighs, they don't fit like skinny jeans.
on May 12, 2016
I've bought them 3 months ago and was happy with them, I liked the color and material seemed to be durable. Today I've noticed a small hole in front between legs ... first time I wore out a pair of jeans that fast.
on June 26, 2014
The last pair of 505 jeans I bought from Amazon not too long ago - maybe 9 months. They are the medium stone-washed type so they are quite blue.

The material is already worn through on the front pockets where I keep my cell phone and swiss army knife, so I have two whitish areas on the front with holes in them. I have never seen this happen before; you might think it was because of the particular phone, but I've been carrying around this same swiss army knife for over 30 years and have never seen this happen. The pair of jeans these replaced were also 505s, the light colored type (also from Amazon), and I had those a long time after I should have replaced them, so I've worn those for years. You don't really see whitish areas when the fabric wears out on these, but I studied them carefully and saw no holes where I hold the knife and phone. Fabric was worn, but not that bad. On these new jeans, I already have a 1" by 1/4" threadbare patch on the left side where I keep my phone. On the other side there's a 3/8 x 1/8 threadbare patch.

I should also say that when I first purchased these, they were sized wrong and I had to send them back to get a correctly marked pair.

I'm not going to buy jeans from Amazon. There's something wrong with the quality - are they getting seconds of some kind?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.