Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2017
I began to love Levis again since they made this 511. Sits and fits pretty well. Not baggy, not loose. If the size choozen right then you got that uptight sporty look and feel. Unwashed shades come great as kind of business-casual style. Don't be upset if at first try it seems like them are too tight. Sometimes i barely can fasten the waist button, but a few minutes later it feels just great. Thanks to elastane.
Why I put only four stars if I'm so happy? Because some colors and even same colors from different orders with the same size come a bit differently in measures.
I have bought many different colors and will give here some rundown on it.
1.Rigid Dragon - one of my favorite. Looks great as casual and even street wear. Fits perfect to the size.
2.Sequoia - best one. Fits great, feels great. The wash is just right. And the shade of blue is simply perfect, matches to any other color of your clothes.
3.Line 8 Black Indigo 3D - good one. The fabric comes a bit unusual, not jeans type. Kind of resinated. But still looks and feels cool.
4.Black Stretch - here we have some options. Once it was that perfect fit, next time they came not slim at all in legs though the waist was an exact size.
5.Rigid Grey - very cool. I was in doubt to order it or not but when it arrived at once became my favorite. Though it's waist is pretty tight and gives me some problem to fasten it. The fabric of it is not so stretchy though contains 1% of elastane like others.
6.Black Stone - classic. Regular classic shade and wash. Looks out of time. This one has most thick fabric and I have recieved most tight pair of all.
7.Pumped Up - nothing fancy. It has some greenish shade which is not shown on this site correctly. Kind of unclean look. Very stretchy, I can put an apple in front pocket.
8.Scorpius - plain stuff. Though it looks great on the picture in real you will not find that misterious shade of washed knees. Almost black blue. Very stretchy and the leg is most wide of all. Feels a bit baggy.
To show the difference in actual measuares look for the tab on the picture which gives some comparison. And some photos of those differences.
Mind that it's my own thoughts and my own experience, you may be more satisfied with your exact delivery, or may be less.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2017
The construction on this particular pair of jeans remind me of the levis I used to buy at the war surplus store as a child. Before today's "minimum wash" instructions you had to wash and dry them more than once to soften the "strong as steel" jeans to make them pliable enough to slip on for the first day at school...I DO however, enjoy today's blends that include spandex and stretch material for a more forgiving pair of pants.
on October 31, 2017
I don't know it it was a fluke or what, but I always buy 32x34 Levi and these are WAY TO SMALL. The ones I got were closer to a 32x30 (which I tried on at a store to see what it's real size is). Every other pair of Levi's I have order from Amazon fit perfectly, except this cut. I normally buy 513, which fit just right (in terms of length). Way to small. But again, this may just be a fluke and a mess up on Levi, but I'm still not happy.
on April 23, 2017
I have a couple pairs of 511's and I really like them.. but this pair showed up AT LEAST two sizes too small. Even with the stretch, I could barely button them. Exact same size as what I always wear and what the other 511's I have are. I sent them back.

Wash looked really nice, so I was kinda bummed.. but a local shop had a jean sale recently so instead of rolling the dice and ordering another pair from Amazon, I went and tried several on to find the right fit.

Anyway, in short, as other's have said.. these jeans sizes are wonky. Great when they fit like they should.
on July 5, 2017
When brand new these jeans are too long and a little too baggy, but when I do the 'shrink to fit' method they fit great. I turn them inside out and let them soak in hot water, then I throw them in the dryer until they're damp but not soaking. I then put them on and start stretching, squatting, walking around, etc. until they're dry.
on May 28, 2017
The Green Splash swatch has a sturdy and snug fit; the fabric does not cling to you nor does it give; it maintains its shape very well. The color does not seem to bleed as I have not noticed any transfer to garments or my hands. The fade look is noticeable but not overdone, creating a versatile pair of jeans that you can wear in a lot of settings.
on November 19, 2016
The number one criteria for my kids jeans is the length of the zipper. If the zipper is 9+ inches long they're going to be too long in the crotch aka Mom jeans. The zipper in the pair we just received is between 5-6 inches so they're just right. There is a slight stretch making them very comfortable and they maintain their shape as the day wears on. They weigh less than regular non-stretch jeans and they're thinner than traditional Levi's jeans. They dry faster in the dryer than non-stretch jeans. When packing a suitcase these jeans roll up easily and don't wrinkle. The colors don't fade and they look like new even after years of regular wear. They get passed from child to child at our house and they always hold up for years. Very economical. Couldn't be happier.
on April 1, 2015
I've always loved 511's, but these seemed a bit different than other's I've owned. The leg opening on these has moved up in size compared to old 511's. The cut has definitely changed and is a bit more "slim" rather than "skinny". It was too large for my liking. I've got larger than average thighs, and the thigh fit super solid. Crotch is roomy and overall a great fit. It seems that the cut of the waist has changed...they're definitely a higher rise than my older 511's, but overall it's a nice look that I didn't have issue with. Also, no button down fly - bummer.

The leg opening bugged me, so I ended up tapering the legs a little bit with my sewing machine. Really easy once you know what you're doing. I took the leg opening in about an inch, and now they're much more what I was looking for. I essentially sewed a new seam on the inside of each leg. I started down at the opening, and then worked my way up, tapering closer and closer to the original seam. The final stitch was about 3 inches above where my knee hit. You can't notice the modification, and it looks way more slick! After this small modification, I absolutely love these jeans. They look alright cuffed, no nice looking selvedge line or anything, but there's well constructed blue chain-stitching on the seam on the outside of the leg.

The Clean Dark wash has more of a "broken-in" feel than other washes like the Rigid Dragon, but I think I'll still be able to get some fantastic fades out of these jeans. These are still just a 4/5 for me though - mainly due to the larger cut, and the lack of a button down fly.
on May 20, 2017
I have lost so much weight over the year that none of my jeans were fitting. I shopped "Brick and Mortar" stores constantly, but could never find 27" waist or slim. Then I bought the Levi's 511's. perfect fit, comfortable, stylish! The 511 is slimmer, the 513 is the same, b513, except 513 is flared at bottom, i.e. Boot cut.

I was surprised that they are not "Made in America" as always have been, but then again, what's one to do?
on October 16, 2017
I am very satisfied with the jeans I bought. They fit perfectly, as well as any jeans ever have fit me. The reason I decided to buy pants online was because my size, for some reason, is hard to find in stores. So I got what I needed at a reasonable price. What more can you ask for?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.