Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 28, 2017
I began to love Levis again since they made this 511. Sits and fits pretty well. Not baggy, not loose. If the size choozen right then you got that uptight sporty look and feel. Unwashed shades come great as kind of business-casual style. Don't be upset if at first try it seems like them are too tight. Sometimes i barely can fasten the waist button, but a few minutes later it feels just great. Thanks to elastane.
Why I put only four stars if I'm so happy? Because some colors and even same colors from different orders with the same size come a bit differently in measures.
I have bought many different colors and will give here some rundown on it.
1.Rigid Dragon - one of my favorite. Looks great as casual and even street wear. Fits perfect to the size.
2.Sequoia - best one. Fits great, feels great. The wash is just right. And the shade of blue is simply perfect, matches to any other color of your clothes.
3.Line 8 Black Indigo 3D - good one. The fabric comes a bit unusual, not jeans type. Kind of resinated. But still looks and feels cool.
4.Black Stretch - here we have some options. Once it was that perfect fit, next time they came not slim at all in legs though the waist was an exact size.
5.Rigid Grey - very cool. I was in doubt to order it or not but when it arrived at once became my favorite. Though it's waist is pretty tight and gives me some problem to fasten it. The fabric of it is not so stretchy though contains 1% of elastane like others.
6.Black Stone - classic. Regular classic shade and wash. Looks out of time. This one has most thick fabric and I have recieved most tight pair of all.
7.Pumped Up - nothing fancy. It has some greenish shade which is not shown on this site correctly. Kind of unclean look. Very stretchy, I can put an apple in front pocket.
8.Scorpius - plain stuff. Though it looks great on the picture in real you will not find that misterious shade of washed knees. Almost black blue. Very stretchy and the leg is most wide of all. Feels a bit baggy.
To show the difference in actual measuares look for the tab on the picture which gives some comparison. And some photos of those differences.
Mind that it's my own thoughts and my own experience, you may be more satisfied with your exact delivery, or may be less.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2017
Great jeans, I'm 6'4, 190 lbs. They fit great, no skinny, no loose. color is perfect, but it will fade according to all the reviews I've read. My size is 34X36, they run one size smaller than the 501 and 513. If you have big, bulky, weightlifter legs...this might not be for you. If you are tall and slim, they will fit perfect. I recommend going to a store to try for size, before buying online. I also own the 511 Rinse Playa, which have a thinner fabric. I like the Rigid Dragon better. Weight is perfect, not heavy denim, but not light either. the 1% Elastane works great. Sorry about the low quality of the pictures, crappy phone camera.
review imagereview image
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2017
Levis are very well made, but the fit and sizing is terribly inconsistent. Over the years I've had to return so many pairs. I finally gave up on Levis completely, but my teenage son wanted to try this 511 Slim Fit style. He ordered a pair and they looked fantastic and fit perfectly. Slim but not tight, just right. So we immediately ordered another pair in the exact same size and style. The second pair fits like a pair of spandex tights! They are at least two sizes smaller than the first pair. The tags are identical. Yet another trip back to the post office . . .

Update: We have now tried two more pairs in the exact same size and style, and both new pairs are very tight. Then we tried the next size up, and the size 34 waist is even tighter than the 33's!
review image
on December 21, 2017
A nice looking pant, the color is a bit off. I am only comparing from what Amazon interpreted the image to be and what sold me on the product. Otherwise I still like the Levi. As many mentioned they are a bit smaller than most on the same size scale, I normally buy longer if I am wearing a jean I want to cuff but these I wanted to keep straight at the leg to ride with and they fit normal length wise. They however fit snug at the waste to where it is possible to muscle rip these in the thighs. I hope that does not happen, if it does maybe it will add to the character to the pant and add to the wear of the style. If you are looking at the Toto color they may be slight off kn the color, for me I have several in that same spectrum, good things these are tore up so I am not wearing the “same jeans”. Be advised they may vary. Amazon assisted with the exchange process. I ordered my size, I have no problems fitting my phone and wallet in my pockets. Cheers.
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 23, 2017
I figured I'd share my experience, since maybe some of you are considering buying a pair after the 511 chino. I'm reviewing this as 4 stars, only because the sizing on these is SO different between COLORS and fabric weights. Also I don't see smearing something that's a size issue- I just figured I'd share. Jean quality is awesome, look great, black is black. Buttons don't pop out too much, with a zipper that seems like it'll hold up forever.
Quick Summary: I'm an average built cyclist with bigger thighs.
511 Chino Stretch- Not these, but same cut allegedly-amazing pant. Hugs my waist without being too tight, butt fits like a normal pant should? Fits my leg shape well. Thighs have that tight tailored look, tapers nicely over calves. 4.5/5?
511 Slim Fit Jean Black- So this was quite a weird one for me. I bought the 33x30 to test against the 32x30 chino. Felt like the seat, and waist was meant for fat egg shaped people, while the legs were freakishly tight. I thought it had to be a mistake so I drove to the Levi's store, and tried on the exact size. Same Problem. 32x30 has same fit.
511 Rigid Dragon Stretch- Not as stretchy as I thought they'd be, but in a 32x30 they fit slightly bigger than the Black 511. Again, way too tight of a hipster leg look. Cool for some people, but not what I was looking for. If you have a build like I do, I'd look into the 502 cut. It was odd how similar they felt to the 511 Chino. Just my opinion though guys!
on March 28, 2016
I should've been wearing these all along. I'm 5'9, lean, with a thin, muscley build. I don't have the longest legs though and for years I wore Levis slim boot cut. After reading enough Men's Health guides on the right type of jeans for different builds, I finally caved and got slim/skinny jeans. I suppose I got the stigma from seeing those guys with the scarfs, beanies, plugged ears and beards walk around with skinny jeans and didn't want any part of that look. Now that's passed, I tried them and I'm both happy that I look better in this style and sad, I should've worn them a long time ago. If you don't have the longest legs, get these. Boot cut and/or baggies jeans will only accentuate them.
on January 28, 2018
I usually don't bother with reviews because i almost never feel compelled to write em up but i just have to say that i am confused with some of the negative feedback from some users on these jeans. I bought 2 pairs,the Byrd pair and the Blackstone Stone one. Both are "stretch" versions of the jeans so i can't speak for the comfortability and fit of non-stretch versions. I have to say,however,these jeans fit me like a glove. I'm a male,5'7 and weight around 150 pounds with a 32 inch waist. These jeans are form fitting,not tight at all and tapered for a pretty modern and flattering look. These have a lot of stretch so I can bend,sit and lift my leg without ever feeling any resistance from the fabric--not to mention the washes look great in my opinion! These do sit on your waist low so be aware of that! As far as i can tell,these are authentic and quality Levis jeans as well. Super happy with these so far and will update this post on how they hold up after several washes. So far so good!
on May 21, 2014
I took a chance with these Levi's 511 jeans and I am sooooo happy that I did !! I am 6ft tall -- weigh 216lbs . Most of my weight is upper ( shoulders / chest / gut areas ) . I am also in my 40's . I always was thin in my teens / 20's / 30's , and like to dress somewhat fashionable . ( I played in Rock bands all my life and my wardrobe was pretty much leather jackets , t-shirts , tight jeans / cords ) . AS I am now in my 40's , I have quit partying and started taking better care of myself . I had no idea that I was going gain so much more weight ( I just wanted to live healthy ) . -- Well I am healthy alright ! In my 30's I never thought I would pass 190 lbs. Now at 216 lbs I feel huge !! I hate that damn scale !! ) hahahahahaha--- anyway---- I have been shedding a few pounds here and there but it is only affecting my upper parts . My waist seems to stay the same ( I have been in a 34 - 36 waist for 20 years )?? -- The bottom line --- I was pretty nervous about wearing these . I don't want to be that guy who is old - fat - and tries to pull off wearing 'skinny' jeans !! -- Well these are really not that skinny . They feel great !! There is still room even though they may appear tight fitting . I purchased the Black and this really cool looking Grey . They look nice on as well as feeling nice . The tough part was wearing them in front of my kids --- I have 3 very opinionated kids in their early teens to early 20's . They like them !!! As a matter of fact my wife and youngest daughter thought I lost A LOT of weight - when I wore the Black pair . They made me appear thin again !! --- So now its time to shed a little more upstairs and go hit the stage - again !! Thank You and Good Night !
on January 1, 2018
I'm 6'2" 167 lbs (Why can't more people include their height/weight/build?) and got the 32x34, 33x34, and 34x34. I was only able to barely squeeze into the 34x34. I decided to keep them and seem if they'd stretch out a bit. They fit excellent when I'm stand/walking, but when I sit they ride up a bit and the calves/thighs are skin tight. I do have large legs from bicycling, especially my calves, although this is off season in winter.
on February 20, 2018
Well, i may be a little picky here, but the jeans ordered specifically showed a black levis tag on the back (larger tag, not smaller one). the jeans arrived had the brown (leather) label on back instead. i called amazon customer service and talked to someone in singapore. she stated she was able to look at all the inventory and none of the jeans contained the black leather label. despite the language barrier, i seriously doubt she was able to see all of the inventory. i decided to keep the jeans instead of returning to see if i received something different - too much hassle. overall, i am satisfied with the jeans, just not the service.Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean, New Khaki 3D - Stretch, 36W x 32L
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.