Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,968 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,375 reviews
on August 22, 2014
I just received my 514 Straight Black Jeans and I have to agree with what some of the other customers have stated previously. The product that I received does not match the description on amazon. The product description for the color and model that I ordered is 100% cotton and that the product origin is Egypt. However, the tag on my jeans says they are 99% cotton and 1% elastane. The country of origin on the tag in the jeans says Colombia. I think the seller should correct the product description to accurately reflect what is being sold. I specifically searched for jeans that were 100% cotton because I have had problems in the past with jeans that had elastane in them (AG) falling apart quicker than I would have liked. So, I am disappointed that I did not receive what I ordered.

That being said I find the jeans to fit very well. The size I ordered fits exactly as specified and the elastane does seem to make the tight fit of the jeans more comfortable. I am undecided on my review of these jeans after my initial assessment because the product is comfortable but does not match the product description that I thought I had ordered. Also, I have concerns because others mentioned that the quality of these jeans have decreased relative to previous models of Levi's jeans.

I will provide an updated review if I decide to keep the jeans and follow up with my thoughts on the quality after a few washes. To the seller: please correct the product description so that it matches the actual product you are selling. Thank you!
on May 5, 2014
I wrote a biographical report about Levi Strauss back in middle school. 'Levi's' became legendary specifically because of their quality and durability even under the harshest of conditions (mining, for one). The company has lasted so long up until recently based on this driving core.
I have worn Levi's jeans all my life, but over the past year or so, the quality has declined to the point of not even holding up to several months of regular everyday wear.
Trading outsourcing and inferior materials and manufacturing to increase profits over quality.
For me, the knees keep wearing through. they are easily ripped. the fabric is thin.
Very disappointed, especially because it is so hard to find a go to product that has such a good 'fit' all around.
on August 25, 2015
6' 5" (actually 6' 6" but I didn't realize that until I was measured recently)
200 lbs as of the time of this review
Long legs and slim but I would never fit skinny or even regular leg jeans.
34 X 36 - Agraba
It's hard to find jeans that fit well due to my leg length and thickness so I tend to buy many different versions of the same style of jeans.

I like my jeans to fit fairly snug without being overly tight or looking like I'm trying to impersonate Prince. These jeans fit comfortably and look amazing, plus they minimize my male version of J-Lo's butt. They're also better at hiding the front bulge than the non-stretchy Levi 514's (the other 514's look obscene with a tucked in dress shirt at work). I have around 8 Levi 514's and these are the best. The others fit okay but they have a low rise that can expose crack when bending over, if shirtless.

As I eluded to earlier, for whatever reason, Levi's makes 2 completely different styles of 514's. These are the less rigid, more comfortable, better fitting jeans, in my opinion. The other 514's have less give, and as a result, drop lower when you bend down. I find that uncomfortable, even when I'm wearing a shirt (which is 99% of the time). It's a minor annoyance but I would trade all my other 514's in and replace them with this style if I could.

Great for long legs, thick legs that don't fit in regular jeans, and so on. I strongly recommend them. However, if you have thicker legs and aren't a fan of snug fitting jeans, I'd advise you to look elsewhere. Everyone has a different idea of what "snug fit" means so I included a picture to help.

1/15/2017 Edit:

Just a note for my long legged friends; I've retired all my Levi's. I now only buy American Eagle jeans. They have a type of fabric called Extreme Flex, and another type called Core Flex, and in may different colors and styles. Sizes available are 30x36, 32x36, 34x36 and so on. They used to have limited styles and colors available in these sizes but have dramatically expanded their offerings.

They are honestly the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. I call them 'meggings' male leggings (not the most masculine name, I know and I doubt it will ever catch on). Before you get concerned, they are NOTHING LIKE LEGGINGS in appearance and feel. They are very much jeans, but they have a nice stretch to them. In these flex fabrics I can wear/fit skinny jeans, slim fit jeans, looser fit jeans, etc., all in a 32x36 (which is more my true size). Previously I'd have to buy looser jeans by any other brand in a 34x36 just to be able to pull them up over my thighs and that's if I was lucky. Sometimes I'd have to go up to 35" waist which is not great for a guy with an actual 30" waist. Buying jeans in another brand in a 32" waist was unbeard of. They would get stuck half way up my thighs if I was lucky and I'm talking about looser fit jeans, not skinny jeans!

I joke that I could play basketball in my American Eagle the jeans, but seriously, I could. That's how comfortable they are, no matter how tight they are in appearance.

They also have ripped jeans, and many other styles available. I have ripped and a variety of styles. Whether I'm too old to wear ripped skinny jeans or not is a different question altogether. It's nice to be tall and yet, still have some style happening, along with insane comfort (older age speaking). The only American Eagle Extreme Flex jeans I own that don't actually stretch/give much are the skinny black jeans. Not sure what happened there. They are overly skin tight and for me, not okay for most occasions, and honestly, not even close to as comfortable as all my other American Eagle jeans. They're my Halloween costume, suck it in, Prince jeans.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this because I've had the hardest time finding jeans that fit well for my entire life. I'm slim, tall (6' 6" which I didn't realize until I was measured recently), and have thicker legs, even thicker when I work out, which hasn't been happening much lately... But I am beyond satisfied by American Eagles comfort, fit, and style. Finally someone cares about the taller guy and I can wear styles that kids less than a third my age wear (maybe the last part isn't all that cool), but I get mistaken for early 20's quite often. Either that or people are just be nice to an older guy that dresses like a young punk when he's not in the office. I think I've said too much...

I know this sounds like a commercial but that's just how excited I am about these jeans. It's best to wait until AE has a buy 1 get 1 50% off or better deal as you can save some money that way. Cheers.
review image review image
66 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2014
I ordered a 514 beacuse it has some stretch properties. I bought it 3 from amazon. Different colors, 33W, 30L.

- First - fitted perfect. Stretch fabric and straight jeans. Excellent jeans. Exactly what I expected from Levi's
- Second - Somewhat small (perhaps 32W) and no stretch fabric at all!!!! Even the composition was different from the other. No Elastane whatsoever on the composition.
- Third - Even smaller. (probably 31W) and also absolutely no stretch fabric on the composition.

I gave the second and the third as gifts for friends, since they didn't fit me well, and I learned my lesson. Next time, don't trust on those number. If you want to buy some reliable trousers, go and try them at the store. Even there there are still some issues on sizing, but definitely nothing like here buying from amazon, and you can just pick another easily.
on October 23, 2015
This product definitely was not as described. I wanted the straight fit, sits below the waist, straight leg slim fit. What I got was the sits below the waist, regular fit through thigh straight leg. Listing was misleading and the fact that Amazon didn't have two style options for me to choose from on the page also was a bad experience. Makes buying jeans online hard when you just don't know what your getting. To make matters worse my customer service rep said that'd why he buys jeans at the mall. Pretty sure that others have experienced this before and to make matters worse I got burned previously on another Levi pant. Should have just drove to JC Penny's and bought them where I could see and try them on. Not the experience I was hoping for. Check out the photos of the two jeans that I ordered which stated they were the same on the detail page. Definitely not the same.
review image
on January 20, 2016
I ordered a pair of Levi's 514 Straight blue jeans a year or two ago, and I love them to this day. So I ordered two MORE pairs this month, this time in black but otherwise identical to the pair I ordered before, and the fit is COMPLETELY different.

My older pair is relatively form-fitting and quite flattering, but the new ones are MUCH bigger and looser -- these are patently a 'relaxed fit' cut, and nowhere near 'Straight'. I have gone from the first pair -- which just kind of look like basic, slimming but otherwise unassuming jeans -- to these new ones, which look like they're meant to give you the oversized 'street' look. Hideous.

Levi's, get it together. I expect a LITTLE slop from pair to pair with any machine-made clothing, but this is ridiculous. This isn't a matter of a half-inch of difference here or there, it's a matter of INCHES in every aspect. These things are gigantic.
on September 27, 2016
I had always gone into stores looking for deals on jeans. Often I would find Levi 514's on sale. It took me about 3 times of finding them on sale to realized they were my favorite jeans because they were so comfortable. It was largely the smooth cotton they used. So this time I ordered my 514's on line. What I received were labeled 514's, but they were quite different than what I was used to. They were made of a heavier, stretchy material. My first thought was to just go ahead and use them because they'd probably fit the same and maybe even be more comfortable because of the stretchy material. So I cut off all the tags and washed them. I was wrong. They're OK, but far from my favorite jeans to wear. I'm still wearing my older 514's as my first choice. I wish now that I had just sent them back.
on January 12, 2016
I ordered two pair at the same time. One fits fine, but the other is easily one size too small in the waist. They are both labeled as the same size and were laundered together. This is not the first time I have had this problem with Levi's. The material is very thin and feels cheap. I have other pair of 514s that do not feel like that, even after many years of wear. I fear that these new jeans will not last very long. So after wearing Levi's my whole life, I will now be looking elsewhere for my jeans.
on October 25, 2016
The 514 style has been a good fit for me. I have tried many other Levis pants, but at the end of the day I like the 514's. The only thing I do is wash them and then get them cut to 28 1/2. I have been wearing a mixture of True Religion and Levis, but always fall back to the 514's. For this style I bought the graphite and the waist has a stretch to it which is great in my opinion, because its not to tight on the waist line. Another thing to keep in mind is that these jeans do not shrink much when you wash them. I tend to wash them in cold water and I use either tide pods, tide yellow or orange detergent or arm and hammer to leave it with a nice breeze smell. If you are not sure if this would be a good fit go to Levis and test out different fit Numbers and try 514 if it fits right now you know and can wait for Levis to do a sale and most of the time they do 30% off so be on the look out.
on April 13, 2016
This is the first time I have ever written a review in regards to clothing. For as long as I could remember I have always worn Seven Jeans because of their quality and fit but at $100-$200 a pair. I was hoping to find a good alternative. Levis has always been a great quality brand but the fit was never flattering on my body, I have muscular legs but kind of a flat rear end. I tried Levis 511, way too tight and material is stiff and scratchy. 513, little more give but material is still pretty stiff. Finally, I found a wash that I like (Compass) in the 514 Motion and decided to give the Levis brand one last try. Finally a pair of jeans that fit and feel just like my Sevens do and at 1/4 the price. But, the most important thing of all, the wife loves them on me. Time to stock up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.