Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 3,348 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 25, 2015
6' 5"
200 lbs
Long legs and slim but I would never fit skinny or even regular leg jeans.
34 X 36 - Agraba
It's hard to find jeans that fit well due to my leg length and thickness so I tend to buy many different versions of the same style of jeans.

I like my jeans to fit fairly snug without being overly tight or looking like I'm trying to impersonate Prince. These jeans fit comfortably and look amazing, plus they minimize my male version of J-Lo's butt. They're also better at hiding the front bulge than the non-stretchy Levi 514's (the other 514's look obscene with a tucked in dress shirt at work). I have around 8 Levi 514's and these are the best. The others fit okay but they have a low rise that can expose crack when bending over, if shirtless.

As I eluded to earlier, for whatever reason, Levi's makes 2 completely different styles of 514's. These are the less rigid, more comfortable, better fitting jeans, in my opinion. The other 514's have less give, and as a result, drop lower when you bend down. I find that uncomfortable, even when I'm wearing a shirt (which is 99% of the time). It's a minor annoyance but I would trade all my other 514's in and replace them with this style if I could.

Great for long legs, thick legs that don't fit in regular jeans, and so on. I strongly recommend them. However, if you have thicker legs and aren't a fan of snug fitting jeans, I'd advise you to look elsewhere. Everyone has a different idea of what "snug fit" means so I included a picture to help.
review image review image
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2015
This is my second pair of these jeans in a different color. I have to say that these are one of the most comfortable I have ever worn. Although I wrote 'Fit as Expected", they do run just a tad larger, but I want to be clear that it is not a lot. And I will say that I appreciate that little extra breathing room. This includes the stretch material they add to these jeans as well since it gives you a more comfortable freedom of movement. I crawl under desks and on the floor and carry items all day and it is great to feel like I can bend down, move and squat without feeling like I will rip my pants. Seriously, these were a great find and I highly recommend them.
on February 10, 2016
After trying these pants for the first time, I absolutely love them! Regular jeans will never compare!

If you are an athletic person, or just hate the restricting feeling of most regular pants, then these are the pants for you.
It almost doesn't seem fair that women get all these comfortable, stretchy, athletic wear, and men have mostly been stuck with sweat pants until these past few years.

*****PROS*****
-These pants look nice; you can go out with them for any casual, or even semi-fancy outings, and still feel free and mobile!

-Play sports in them! you can move as you wish without any problems and its such a great feeling. Specially not having the "can't lift my leg any higher" or "can't squat or widen my stance in these jeans". If somebody shows up to your location and starts shooting up the place, you have the ability to run, vault, and somersault unhindered.

-although [arbitrarily] expensive to use as work pants, you can squat freely, step-over easily, or move about as you like with comfort.

-they are Levi's... enough said right?

*****CONS*****
-the only problem I have noticed is due to the "stretchiness" of the material, wearing a belt is almost an absolute necessity. Otherwise you risk killing
people with crack... because crack kills. Basically the will slide down a bit, but most jeans do that anyway.

-secondly, there is one tiny issue that only occurs in some pants. When walking, you may notice the material "catching" itself just under your gooch/butt. Because of the Elastane material, it just slightly less soft than 100% cotton (motion jeans contain 98% cotton, 2% elastane)
and you may hear this low flicking noise as you walk. not a major problem, just a little annoying when it happens.

-lastly, on the every once in a long, long, occasional, while... you might catch a leg hair in the elastic material and you will feel a little itch. on the same note, if you are allergic to any sort of elastic/spandex type material, definitely don't buy these.

**********************FINAL NOTES********************
These pants are my number one choice. I currently have three [different colored] pairs and i take good care of them. make sure you follow the recommended care, and they will last you a very long time.
On the other hand, if you can't accept any of my listed cons, or you are a heavy guy with a big belly/waistline, these may not be so great.

5-STARS!!!!
on October 21, 2015
So comfortable I want to do the Van Damme Splits in them but my folding chairs are in storage so I have to use the corner of my kitchen like he did in TimeCop.
on November 13, 2015
My husband is slim so, after a while his jeans sag. Forget about mommy jeans. Talk about daddy jeans. I bought him a pair of these jeans and he was very skeptical. When he tried them on they fit him, dare I say it, like a glove. Then, after wearing them for quite a while, they still fit him great, no sagging! We ordered three more pair. Plus, he could't believe how comfortable they were.
on March 11, 2015
I ordered two pairs 32/34, but this pair is much smaller.
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 28, 2014
I already owned a pair of 514s that were too long for the 30" inseam, but they fit well enough and I like to roll one cuff. No problem. But, when I ordered my new pair, I made sure to buy 514s with a 29" inseam instead. What I received were a new pair of 514s that were much larger all around (way too droopy crotch) and the length was not an inch shorter but THREE INCHES LONGER. Considering the inseam on the 30" was already closer to 33", I would have to say my new 29" are about a 36" inseam! It's so absurd.

Must be selling cheap through Amazon because the sizing is completely off. I will return this garbage now. Levi's sold their equipment to Japan (selvedge jeans) and now their product is inferior garbage. This will be my last attempt at Levi's after getting screwed on my last 5 pairs. No more ill-fitting jeans for me. They're either ball-huggers or droopy slob fit. I can go to H&M and get a better looking pair for half the price. Or Gap or J Crew, even, although I don't like to feel like a yuppy. The only thing going for Levi's is the classic pocket thread and red tag...but they're quickly destroying their brand.
on October 14, 2015
I usually wear a 31" waiste, and a 30" fits very well on these jeans. However, they ran a bit short. I returned my usual length and ordered a size longer. A great balance of trim fit without feeling tight. The bit of stretch in the denim makes them feel very comfortable. I have paid twice as much for jeans that did not fit as well.
on August 6, 2012
Levi's denim jeans have been worn by my family since they were first made; before I was born, and I'm old.

Regarding 514 slim jeans: I ordered 6 different-colored pairs to get a good idea of quality, fit etc.

Verdict: Sub-par and not what I USED to expect from Levi jeans. Each 'color' fits differently; all are thin, flimsy, only 5 belt-loops, built-in wrinkles, hanging threads, dirty-looking so-called 'stylish colors'... In the distant past we've enjoyed 505, 501, Silver Tab slim, 512 slim, and others ... all denim.

First they discontinued the 7-belt-loop standard, pants fall under the belt and look tacky and feel uncomfortable with only 5-belt-loops. Then they discontinued the Silver Tab slim. We still stayed. Then they discontinued the 512 slim (why?). Last straw was the HORRIBLE 514 slim. Hands down the 514 slim is the worst and broke my bond with Levi.

Levi is different now ... not Levi-ish anymore ... it is a totally alien jean. Well, nothing lasts forever. I see this 514 jean as another step toward the demise of a once-quality civilization rapidly declining into a mire of shoddy workmanship, high prices, and out-sourced ... everything.

I just ordered 6 pair of Wrangler, cowboy slim, 7 belt-looped, rigid, dark-indigo (and other colors), denim jeans. I'm going to have withdrawal accepting the Wrangler plastic patch! I'll rate Wrangler after I receive them and my husband tries them. They are reviewed as the old Levi's once were! There's always hope?

Good-bye Levi; I'll miss your once-sweet, red tabbed, 7 belt-looped, leather-patched, durable, indigo, denim jeans. Move over, you're about to be Wrangled!
on October 13, 2015
514 is my fav fit. This particular color style is truly BLACK. Not a hint of blue! Perfect. It also still has that Jean fabric look, unlike some other black Levis that have such a uniform color and fabric that they barely look like jeans.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.