Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 4,012 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,421 reviews
on May 5, 2014
I wrote a biographical report about Levi Strauss back in middle school. 'Levi's' became legendary specifically because of their quality and durability even under the harshest of conditions (mining, for one). The company has lasted so long up until recently based on this driving core.
I have worn Levi's jeans all my life, but over the past year or so, the quality has declined to the point of not even holding up to several months of regular everyday wear.
Trading outsourcing and inferior materials and manufacturing to increase profits over quality.
For me, the knees keep wearing through. they are easily ripped. the fabric is thin.
Very disappointed, especially because it is so hard to find a go to product that has such a good 'fit' all around.
on August 25, 2015
6' 5" (actually 6' 6" but I didn't realize that until I was measured recently)
200 lbs as of the time of this review
Long legs and slim but I would never fit skinny or even regular leg jeans.
34 X 36 - Agraba
It's hard to find jeans that fit well due to my leg length and thickness so I tend to buy many different versions of the same style of jeans.

I like my jeans to fit fairly snug without being overly tight or looking like I'm trying to impersonate Prince. These jeans fit comfortably and look amazing, plus they minimize my male version of J-Lo's butt. They're also better at hiding the front bulge than the non-stretchy Levi 514's (the other 514's look obscene with a tucked in dress shirt at work). I have around 8 Levi 514's and these are the best. The others fit okay but they have a low rise that can expose crack when bending over, if shirtless.

As I eluded to earlier, for whatever reason, Levi's makes 2 completely different styles of 514's. These are the less rigid, more comfortable, better fitting jeans, in my opinion. The other 514's have less give, and as a result, drop lower when you bend down. I find that uncomfortable, even when I'm wearing a shirt (which is 99% of the time). It's a minor annoyance but I would trade all my other 514's in and replace them with this style if I could.

Great for long legs, thick legs that don't fit in regular jeans, and so on. I strongly recommend them. However, if you have thicker legs and aren't a fan of snug fitting jeans, I'd advise you to look elsewhere. Everyone has a different idea of what "snug fit" means so I included a picture to help.

1/15/2017 Edit:

Just a note for my long legged friends; I've retired all my Levi's. I now only buy American Eagle jeans. They have a type of fabric called Extreme Flex, and another type called Core Flex, and in may different colors and styles. Sizes available are 30x36, 32x36, 34x36 and so on. They used to have limited styles and colors available in these sizes but have dramatically expanded their offerings.

They are honestly the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. I call them 'meggings' male leggings (not the most masculine name, I know and I doubt it will ever catch on). Before you get concerned, they are NOTHING LIKE LEGGINGS in appearance and feel. They are very much jeans, but they have a nice stretch to them. In these flex fabrics I can wear/fit skinny jeans, slim fit jeans, looser fit jeans, etc., all in a 32x36 (which is more my true size). Previously I'd have to buy looser jeans by any other brand in a 34x36 just to be able to pull them up over my thighs and that's if I was lucky. Sometimes I'd have to go up to 35" waist which is not great for a guy with an actual 30" waist. Buying jeans in another brand in a 32" waist was unbeard of. They would get stuck half way up my thighs if I was lucky and I'm talking about looser fit jeans, not skinny jeans!

I joke that I could play basketball in my American Eagle the jeans, but seriously, I could. That's how comfortable they are, no matter how tight they are in appearance.

They also have ripped jeans, and many other styles available. I have ripped and a variety of styles. Whether I'm too old to wear ripped skinny jeans or not is a different question altogether. It's nice to be tall and yet, still have some style happening, along with insane comfort (older age speaking). The only American Eagle Extreme Flex jeans I own that don't actually stretch/give much are the skinny black jeans. Not sure what happened there. They are overly skin tight and for me, not okay for most occasions, and honestly, not even close to as comfortable as all my other American Eagle jeans. They're my Halloween costume, suck it in, Prince jeans.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this because I've had the hardest time finding jeans that fit well for my entire life. I'm slim, tall (6' 6" which I didn't realize until I was measured recently), and have thicker legs, even thicker when I work out, which hasn't been happening much lately... But I am beyond satisfied by American Eagles comfort, fit, and style. Finally someone cares about the taller guy and I can wear styles that kids less than a third my age wear (maybe the last part isn't all that cool), but I get mistaken for early 20's quite often. Either that or people are just be nice to an older guy that dresses like a young punk when he's not in the office. I think I've said too much...

I know this sounds like a commercial but that's just how excited I am about these jeans. It's best to wait until AE has a buy 1 get 1 50% off or better deal as you can save some money that way. Cheers.
review image review image
88 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2014
I just received my 514 Straight Black Jeans and I have to agree with what some of the other customers have stated previously. The product that I received does not match the description on amazon. The product description for the color and model that I ordered is 100% cotton and that the product origin is Egypt. However, the tag on my jeans says they are 99% cotton and 1% elastane. The country of origin on the tag in the jeans says Colombia. I think the seller should correct the product description to accurately reflect what is being sold. I specifically searched for jeans that were 100% cotton because I have had problems in the past with jeans that had elastane in them (AG) falling apart quicker than I would have liked. So, I am disappointed that I did not receive what I ordered.

That being said I find the jeans to fit very well. The size I ordered fits exactly as specified and the elastane does seem to make the tight fit of the jeans more comfortable. I am undecided on my review of these jeans after my initial assessment because the product is comfortable but does not match the product description that I thought I had ordered. Also, I have concerns because others mentioned that the quality of these jeans have decreased relative to previous models of Levi's jeans.

I will provide an updated review if I decide to keep the jeans and follow up with my thoughts on the quality after a few washes. To the seller: please correct the product description so that it matches the actual product you are selling. Thank you!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 13, 2017
I have now ordered three pairs of jeans from this item page. I love two of them (5 stars) and hate one of them (1 star), so I've given an average rating here. Below I will distinguish the two types so you know what to look out for.

For reference, I am a woman. I was fed up with two things in women's department stores --almost no jeans in my size (2) and all the jeans having stretch to them. So on the rare occasion I would find a pair of jeans in size 2, they would have spandex or elastane in them and they just did not fit. They would hug the hips but gape out horribly around my lower back. I decided to try men's jeans.

The first pair of these I ordered was wonderful. I got 29 x 30 after my husband and I compared his measurements to mine, like where I wanted my jeans to rest on my hips and such. 30 is a tiny bit long for me but I can make it work. The first pair was 100% cotton and they fit pretty well. A little loose, but comfortable. And they stayed up. (I don't have any curves, my waist to hip ratio is like 0.8, so I don't need hippy jeans. That's one reason I thought men's jeans would work.) In the crotch area they are kind of high up and there isn't a ton of room which is obviously not a problem for me, but the story might be different for a guy. Having had this good experience, I ordered a second pair.

The second pair I got was like a totally different item. Just awful. I realized, after the fact, that they had 2% elastane in them. I think this is the problem. I had assumed all the jeans on the page would have the same fabric composition but they didn't. I decided to give this pair a go anyway, but after a few wearings, I think they are going in the Goodwill pile. Yesterday I was actually able to pull them all the way down, while they were buttoned and zipped! They sag horribly in the rear end area (Kim K., I am not) and the crotch is a good 3-4 inches below where it should be. (Not extra room, just poor fit.) They seem worse throughout the day, the longer I have them on.

I was more careful with the third pair and it was a repeat of the experience with the first pair. Moral of the story: not every item/color on this page has the same fabric composition. Select your size from the drop-down list, then click on the individual colors. The description beneath the pictures will change. One of the first lines is fabric composition. Choose carefully because the different fabric compositions DO NOT fit the same way. A perfect pair of jeans in 100% cotton will be an absolute failure in 2% elastane.

All the jeans are well-made, with no holes or loose seams. They are the quality I've come to expect from Levi's over the years. They have held up to washing pretty well so far (yeah, I wash my jeans every time I wear them). I haven't had any trouble with colors bleeding in the wash. I do hang them to dry as I feel they stay nice for longer that way.

If you are tracking such things, all of the ones I ordered from this page were made in Mexico.
on January 12, 2016
I ordered two pair at the same time. One fits fine, but the other is easily one size too small in the waist. They are both labeled as the same size and were laundered together. This is not the first time I have had this problem with Levi's. The material is very thin and feels cheap. I have other pair of 514s that do not feel like that, even after many years of wear. I fear that these new jeans will not last very long. So after wearing Levi's my whole life, I will now be looking elsewhere for my jeans.
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2016
My first 514 Levis and I'm thinking I like them. I've been wearing 559s as a progression from 569s which is to say I'm getting less and less loose-fitting in my selections with the 559 then 514. I'm pretty tired of loose, but I'm 57 so I can't wear what I wore 25-years back. I ordered this pair in a 35 since it was available and I was afraid to get a more fitted pair of jeans in my actual size of 34. I probably could have worn the 34 but have decided to keep the 35s as they only feel a bit big if I wear them a third day. I'd say they fit pretty spot-on true. As for the kale color I was rolling dice ordering it without ever seeing it to which I'm glad to say I'm very pleased. Basically a darker jean with some light character in fade. The denim here isn't the heaviest Levi denim I've worn, but it is very very comfortable and breathable. It's been a month and I like these better every time I wear them. To me they look better than the 559 model which I'd become tired of actually thinking that they looked out of fashion. These are fashionable without being skinny.
on October 23, 2015
This product definitely was not as described. I wanted the straight fit, sits below the waist, straight leg slim fit. What I got was the sits below the waist, regular fit through thigh straight leg. Listing was misleading and the fact that Amazon didn't have two style options for me to choose from on the page also was a bad experience. Makes buying jeans online hard when you just don't know what your getting. To make matters worse my customer service rep said that'd why he buys jeans at the mall. Pretty sure that others have experienced this before and to make matters worse I got burned previously on another Levi pant. Should have just drove to JC Penny's and bought them where I could see and try them on. Not the experience I was hoping for. Check out the photos of the two jeans that I ordered which stated they were the same on the detail page. Definitely not the same.
review image
on September 27, 2016
I had always gone into stores looking for deals on jeans. Often I would find Levi 514's on sale. It took me about 3 times of finding them on sale to realized they were my favorite jeans because they were so comfortable. It was largely the smooth cotton they used. So this time I ordered my 514's on line. What I received were labeled 514's, but they were quite different than what I was used to. They were made of a heavier, stretchy material. My first thought was to just go ahead and use them because they'd probably fit the same and maybe even be more comfortable because of the stretchy material. So I cut off all the tags and washed them. I was wrong. They're OK, but far from my favorite jeans to wear. I'm still wearing my older 514's as my first choice. I wish now that I had just sent them back.
on March 17, 2017
After giving up on Levis about 8 years ago, I decided to give them another try. I stopped buying them because every pair fit differently, Even when buying the same style. It was like there was no quality control. Recently I purchases a pair of White 514 jeans size 36 for a goofy white party. Surprisingly They fit perfectly so I bought another pair hoping that they would fit as well. When they arrived I could immediately tell that they were too small. And as expected they were. They were more like a 32 or a 34. So with that said, I have given up on Levis Jeans. There is just no quality control anymore, or perhaps a size 36 in China is a 32 in Indonesia, 144 year old company and I still can't get a consistent pair of jeans. Such a shame.
on October 14, 2015
I usually wear a 31" waiste, and a 30" fits very well on these jeans. However, they ran a bit short. I returned my usual length and ordered a size longer. A great balance of trim fit without feeling tight. The bit of stretch in the denim makes them feel very comfortable. I have paid twice as much for jeans that did not fit as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.