Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 20, 2013
I ordered a pair of Levi's 514 in black. Mind you I've been wearing this style and color for a number of years. The first pair arrived on time and fit great...except the left leg was noticeably an inch shorter. Then I returned the item and got a second pair in exchange...which were so baggy and long that I had to double check the size. The sizing label was correct but this pair was very long and wide so I exchanged the item again for a third time. Low and behold this pair is even worse. At this point I am so aggravated with the experience that I am never going to purchase apparel online again. I bought the pair I needed from the Levi's Outlet and they fit as they should even though the size and style are supposedly the same... To add injury to insult, a customer service rep contacted me after I returned the second pair and I was told that I was bumped up to free one day shipping for the third pair. The jeans arrived three days later...
on November 14, 2017
Excellent Jeans. The fit is great and I've found they wash and wear better than premium denim jeans costing five times as much, which are supposed to be better because they're "Made in Los Angeles." Made in Los Angeles does not justify the ridiculous price compared to these.
on October 8, 2015
I'm 5' 9, 140 lbs and generally 30x30 fit me very well. Not the case with some of these jeans though so I'm returning them. I ordered the Bullock and Agraba jeans. The Agraba were very tight and stiff. They could probably be broken into but I would order a 32 waist instead of a 30. These were uncomfortably tight. The Bullock was also tighter on the waist than expected but closer to the relaxed fabric feel that I'm used to. So I would order that in a 31 or so. All my other 30x30 jeans fit me just fine, I just find these somewhat small for me.

Edit: After returning these I ordered a pair from Macy's and another from the Levis website. They both fit me perfectly as expected. Don't waste your time with these. Sizes are not as advertised, if you can I would highly recommend a department store website or the actual Levi website.
on May 29, 2014
This review follows the purchase of my fourth Levis 514s, a pair in 32x30 Rigid Grey. Between them, they've demonstrated vastly different fits and levels of durability with just one pair being about right.

These latest jeans aren't bad but the legs seem to be the baggiest of the bunch and maybe a touch longer. And though I haven't actually measured them, it could just be the stiffer fabric that makes them seem that way.

One of my first pairs had both knees wear thin and rip, while another's legs are a touch short. The final, and my favorite jeans, fit just right and are one of the lighter weight (though darker blue-black) fabrics in the line.

A final, fifth pair I donated when I realized I'd ordered the wrong waist size, 31 vs. 32. Since it was only one inch too small and had already worn and washed them a few times, I thought I'd try to live with it and see if they'd break in and loosen but they never did. (Not my brightest moment, admittedly.) Those happened to be a dark indigo in a heavier fabric, a combination I found I didn't care for anyhow...

Despite the inconsistency, these jeans overall have the best fit for me so I'll probably try at least another pair to see if I can find some like the best set.
on November 2, 2017
Levi’s used to have reliable sizing. I bought 34x36 like I have for decades. All my other jeans are this size and fit fine. Not these. These fit like 31 or 32 waist. Returning.
on August 20, 2014
I have an old pair of 30x30 Levi's 514 that were quite beloved but are now relegated to the "marginally socially acceptable cutoffs" shelf. I bought these jeans in 30x29 in both "Dirt Rush" (a nice dark wash) and "Acre Rinse" (a lighter, more classic blue), since I felt the older jeans came in a little long (before I cut 'em off). All told, both pairs of pants look and feel pretty good.

The Dirt Rush are several---like three or four---inches longer than the Acre Rinse. As a man I'm pretty used to being able to buy jeans prêt-à-porter, so this was a bit of a surprise. That said, I'm happy to pull a J. Alfred Prufrock/hipster-expecting-a-flood look on the longer pants, or even hem them things get desperate.

The crotch on the Dirt Rush are much baggier, and they have a stretchier feel. The crotch on the Acre Rinse is quite tight, and the zipper is small---I can barely get my hand in. Both zippers have "chunky" feels, and don't zip particularly easily.
on December 14, 2016
Bought 30x32 for my son who is long and lean. He wanted a slimmer fit jean without being a skinny jean. Fit is natural looking. They sit on the hips about 1-2in below belly button but they don't really look like mid-rise jeans. Straight through the hips and legs but baggy enough to move around in and room for muscle growth in his legs. These are not the jeans for you if you have any real mass to your legs. My husband races bicycles for fun and even though he also wears 30x32, he couldn't get these above his mid-thigh.
on July 7, 2016
Love the fit, color.. A little thin, so don't hold up long to rough skateboarding,
But most jeans wouldn't.
on June 27, 2014
Ladies with Kardashian sized behinds or Jennifer Lopez sized backside, listen up! This is the boyfriend jeans you've been waiting for. The legs are slim enough but not tight (so it fits your outlandish man-sized thighs) but the seat of the pants are large enough to fit Arsenio Hall's famous buttocks. It may even fit the muscular physiques of the Williams sisters and a couple of tennis balls in the back pockets. In fact, I put a small phone book in the rear while the waist button was closed and I could still stick my full hands in the back pockets. Mind you, everything else fit just fine. The legs are slim but not skinny and the waist, while sitting on the hips. were snug enough to hold the pants up. I guess the foreign pattern makers who work Levi's jeans these days watch too many American TV shows and think that this is the land of the unfit lard behinds. To top it off, the fabric quality is atrociously bad. I'm going back to the 501s.
on March 10, 2017
I really like these pants. The fabric is soft and comfortable. I foresee myself purchasing these or a similar cut pair of Levi's in the future.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.