Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 13, 2015
514 is my fav fit. This particular color style is truly BLACK. Not a hint of blue! Perfect. It also still has that Jean fabric look, unlike some other black Levis that have such a uniform color and fabric that they barely look like jeans.
8 people found this helpful
on September 22, 2016
I've been a Prime member since DAY ONE. And in the last 2 months I have had nothing but problems and contempt for Amazon.

I have 3 pairs of these jeans. None of them are the same size. I ordered a 33/30 for everything.

The first pair I ordered, a dark blue, fit GREAT. Slim and a nice stretch, comfortable like they should be.
The second pair is longer and has a wider, boot cut leg. It's tagged as a 33/30, it is definitely longer and wider in the waist. Measured at 34/32, tagged at 33/30.
The third pair I didn't even bother trying on. The printed tag says 33/32, when I ordered a 33/30.. which is what the other tags say. I measured the inseam to a 32.

Amazon CONTINUES to fail me. I've had so many issues with them in the last 2 months between their shipping service, receiving broken products in the mail, packages left in broad daylight for people to swipe, non-receipt of packages, and now no QC on clothing? Look at the image. The tags on printed on the jeans don't line up with the tags on the jeans. Unbelievable.

Do your Christmas shopping EARLY this year, because Amazon will probably screw it up so much that you'll have to order items 3-4 times.
on May 29, 2014
This review follows the purchase of my fourth Levis 514s, a pair in 32x30 Rigid Grey. Between them, they've demonstrated vastly different fits and levels of durability with just one pair being about right.

These latest jeans aren't bad but the legs seem to be the baggiest of the bunch and maybe a touch longer. And though I haven't actually measured them, it could just be the stiffer fabric that makes them seem that way.

One of my first pairs had both knees wear thin and rip, while another's legs are a touch short. The final, and my favorite jeans, fit just right and are one of the lighter weight (though darker blue-black) fabrics in the line.

A final, fifth pair I donated when I realized I'd ordered the wrong waist size, 31 vs. 32. Since it was only one inch too small and had already worn and washed them a few times, I thought I'd try to live with it and see if they'd break in and loosen but they never did. (Not my brightest moment, admittedly.) Those happened to be a dark indigo in a heavier fabric, a combination I found I didn't care for anyhow...

Despite the inconsistency, these jeans overall have the best fit for me so I'll probably try at least another pair to see if I can find some like the best set.
on October 8, 2015
I'm 5' 9, 140 lbs and generally 30x30 fit me very well. Not the case with some of these jeans though so I'm returning them. I ordered the Bullock and Agraba jeans. The Agraba were very tight and stiff. They could probably be broken into but I would order a 32 waist instead of a 30. These were uncomfortably tight. The Bullock was also tighter on the waist than expected but closer to the relaxed fabric feel that I'm used to. So I would order that in a 31 or so. All my other 30x30 jeans fit me just fine, I just find these somewhat small for me.

Edit: After returning these I ordered a pair from Macy's and another from the Levis website. They both fit me perfectly as expected. Don't waste your time with these. Sizes are not as advertised, if you can I would highly recommend a department store website or the actual Levi website.
on April 15, 2017
I bought these for my son in September. They didn't last through April. This is not the quality I have been accustomed to from Levi Strauss. Disappointed I don't find an option for a replacement or refund.
2 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2013
I ordered a pair of Levi's 514 in black. Mind you I've been wearing this style and color for a number of years. The first pair arrived on time and fit great...except the left leg was noticeably an inch shorter. Then I returned the item and got a second pair in exchange...which were so baggy and long that I had to double check the size. The sizing label was correct but this pair was very long and wide so I exchanged the item again for a third time. Low and behold this pair is even worse. At this point I am so aggravated with the experience that I am never going to purchase apparel online again. I bought the pair I needed from the Levi's Outlet and they fit as they should even though the size and style are supposedly the same... To add injury to insult, a customer service rep contacted me after I returned the second pair and I was told that I was bumped up to free one day shipping for the third pair. The jeans arrived three days later...
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
The 514 is my favorite Levi's cut and price can't be beat! These are very decent jeans for the price. I've spend hundreds of dollars on expensive jeans such as Diesel, but for the money, I still wear Levi's as well and have to say I look just as good.

I'm slender and they fit me quite well and don't look super skinny or anything, they just look like they fit me very well. I have about 3 different pairs of these however I feel they have too many washes to choose from.

Some of the lighter washes are a bit similar so it can be confusing to choose, especially when ordering online. If they had about 5 washes total, I believe that would be enough.

My favorite ones are the Tumbled Rigid, which are very dark and almost 'raw' like they just came out of the factory or something. I also like the Indigo wash which is like a good old pair of jeans that you have had for years. Some of the other washes with fancy names are too light for my liking, or they just don't look that good to me.
on November 8, 2016
Purchased from Costco and developed a 2 inch tear above the red label in less than a year. The fabric is noticeably thinner than the denim used in the 501's of my youth. The thinner fabric is comfortable, but don't expect these jeans to be durable, they are not.
on February 17, 2016
I bought Levi's 514 Bullock (black) jean 32x32 which is usually my perfect fit . The size is totally off it was too small, then I ordered 33x32 . it was ok in waist but the length is too long. replaced it with 33x33 . there was almost no difference in length. Now I need to spend extra money to shorten them. The other jean I got is Levi's 569 32x32 perfectly match my size.
on July 20, 2012
I bought a pair of these last year, wore them for a year, wore them out, and loved 'em.

Ordered a new pair this spring. Two days later, split the seam from crotch to knee when I squatted down to pick something up. A wee bit embarrassing and a lot of hilarity later, I got home. About a month ago, I ordered another pair; I figured it was just a defect in the first ones, and c'est la vie.

This pair is less than a month old, and split a hole in the crotch. I'm exactly the same weight I was last year and the year before; I'm a pretty thin dude. This is ridiculous, and I'm not exactly happy with burning money buying 'em.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.