Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,265 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,732 reviews
on October 27, 2016
Belt loop broke after a few weeks of very little use. And they tell me this item is not eligible for a return. It's honestly amazing to me I probably wore them 5 times because it has been so hot in CT until this week.
review image
on March 31, 2016
I thought it was just me until I read the other one and two star reviews... but it's not just me. The cut of these 550 Levis is NOT the same as it used to be. It might say the same waist size on the tag as the pairs you've always worn. But it's not accurate. The two pairs I just bought on Amazon are WAY smaller in the waist than pairs of the "same" label size I've owned for years. I'm returning them to Amazon. And I'm reluctant to purchase Levis anymore. I've always been able to count on consistency from Levis, but now I can't count on that anymore.
on May 13, 2017
I have heard in the past that jeans are a popular item for knock-off manufacturers, and so I believe I've been had. I have only worn them one day and they are so uncomfortable. They are suppose to be "relaxed fit" but fit like skinny jeans. My other pants this size fit comfortably, so it's not me! Also, the material is very thin. After reading other negative reviews, I can see that this material won't last very long, as I suspected. I'm going to go to a Levis outlet store and see if all of their quality is this bad. If they are not knock-offs, they must be factory seconds. These are nothing like other 550 relaxed fit Levis I've had, and I've been wearing them my whole life.
on October 4, 2016
After 40 years of buying the same size and style of Levis these are the last I will ever buy. I probably have 10 pairs of Levis 550s, some from the UK twenty years ago before I moved to the US. Recently I ordered two more pairs. They are thin and soft. The belt loop on one pair caught slightly as I got into the car and ripped right off. These just aren't anything like the quality they were before. From now on I am going to have to try different brands. The cut has also changed slightly, these just don't feel the same, they don't stay up as well as the others, something has changed about the shape of the top foot of these. A few months ago I found an old pair that I may not have worn in the 18 years I have lived here, they are strong and thick. Real jeans, rather than denim pants.
on March 24, 2017
Update 5/25/17. Amazon only giving me 80% of the cost of the levis. Never buying them again if quality issue costs me after a few wears.

Belt loop ripped leaving a hole in the pants after very few wears. I have been buying these for my husband for over 30 years and usually last for many years before I have to buy him another 2 pairs. These lasted just a few wears. Plan to write the company to complain. Seriously thinking about buying him Lee jeans.
on December 10, 2016
Got these five months ago, and crotch ripped not at seam but material is worn through. I ordered another pair, I hope I am not buying Knock off's or something. Just use for work and work a sales floor, so not rough on them, hardly get dirty at all. Seems like this should not have happened. Not happy, we will see what happens with the new pair and will update. Other than the rip they look like new, touch more faded but that is normal.

Update, just returned the second pair, Material is not good, ripped out just as last pair did on the second time worn. I think these are seconds or knock offs. Packaging looked right when they came but just can't be real Levi's.
on May 23, 2017
Buyer beware. After nearly three months the two pairs of 550 Levi jeans I purchased still smell like a petroleum product. I should have returned them but felt the smell would probably wash out. After at least 10 or more washes it has not. This leads me to believe these were not authentic Levi products. I've been buying Levis at least 30 years and never had this problem. Amazon should confirm the products stated on their website are authentic and come from valid sources... bummer!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 13, 2017
We have purchased and returned so many pairs of Levi's jeans. The fit is wildly inconsistent from pair to pair, even in the same size and style. If you find a pair of Levi's that fits perfectly, the next pair may not be the same. The fabric varies depending on the color you choose. Some of the denims are strong and durable. Others are very thin, and shrink so much in the dryer, the jeans come out two sizes smaller. After years of struggling with Levi's inconsistency, we finally gave up and switched to Lee. Why did we wait so long? We just ordered four pairs of Lees and each pair fits the same!
VINE VOICEon May 6, 2017
This is the second pair of levis I purchased that no longer fit right in the backside. So Levi's took a winning fit and changed it so I'm constantly pulling up the backside of my pants. Brilliant. I'm uncomfortable no matter if I get up from a chair, get into my car, or shift positions. I guess they retooled their design so they could save a buck–but that is that last buck they will get from me. I've been a loyal customer for over 30 years. If you know of a brand of blue jeans that actually fit please leave a suggestion.
on February 14, 2017
I have Wranglers and Levi's. Wranglers are heavier, Levi's just feel a bit more comfortable. The 550's work best for me. I'm 33-34/32, slender-regular build. I wear jeans most days of the week for moderate active field work/office work. Even though not as heavy as Wrangler, I haven't had a problem with them failing or wearing out. For me, I favor Levi's by a small margin. I understand why some would prefer Wrangler, and that's fine too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.