Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,270 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,737 reviews
on October 27, 2016
Belt loop broke after a few weeks of very little use. And they tell me this item is not eligible for a return. It's honestly amazing to me I probably wore them 5 times because it has been so hot in CT until this week.
review image
on March 31, 2016
I thought it was just me until I read the other one and two star reviews... but it's not just me. The cut of these 550 Levis is NOT the same as it used to be. It might say the same waist size on the tag as the pairs you've always worn. But it's not accurate. The two pairs I just bought on Amazon are WAY smaller in the waist than pairs of the "same" label size I've owned for years. I'm returning them to Amazon. And I'm reluctant to purchase Levis anymore. I've always been able to count on consistency from Levis, but now I can't count on that anymore.
on October 4, 2016
After 40 years of buying the same size and style of Levis these are the last I will ever buy. I probably have 10 pairs of Levis 550s, some from the UK twenty years ago before I moved to the US. Recently I ordered two more pairs. They are thin and soft. The belt loop on one pair caught slightly as I got into the car and ripped right off. These just aren't anything like the quality they were before. From now on I am going to have to try different brands. The cut has also changed slightly, these just don't feel the same, they don't stay up as well as the others, something has changed about the shape of the top foot of these. A few months ago I found an old pair that I may not have worn in the 18 years I have lived here, they are strong and thick. Real jeans, rather than denim pants.
on March 24, 2017
Update 5/25/17. Amazon only giving me 80% of the cost of the levis. Never buying them again if quality issue costs me after a few wears.

Belt loop ripped leaving a hole in the pants after very few wears. I have been buying these for my husband for over 30 years and usually last for many years before I have to buy him another 2 pairs. These lasted just a few wears. Plan to write the company to complain. Seriously thinking about buying him Lee jeans.
on May 23, 2017
Buyer beware. After nearly three months the two pairs of 550 Levi jeans I purchased still smell like a petroleum product. I should have returned them but felt the smell would probably wash out. After at least 10 or more washes it has not. This leads me to believe these were not authentic Levi products. I've been buying Levis at least 30 years and never had this problem. Amazon should confirm the products stated on their website are authentic and come from valid sources... bummer!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 13, 2017
We have purchased and returned so many pairs of Levi's jeans. The fit is wildly inconsistent from pair to pair, even in the same size and style. If you find a pair of Levi's that fits perfectly, the next pair may not be the same. The fabric varies depending on the color you choose. Some of the denims are strong and durable. Others are very thin, and shrink so much in the dryer, the jeans come out two sizes smaller. After years of struggling with Levi's inconsistency, we finally gave up and switched to Lee. Why did we wait so long? We just ordered four pairs of Lees and each pair fits the same!
VINE VOICEon May 6, 2017
This is the second pair of levis I purchased that no longer fit right in the backside. So Levi's took a winning fit and changed it so I'm constantly pulling up the backside of my pants. Brilliant. I'm uncomfortable no matter if I get up from a chair, get into my car, or shift positions. I guess they retooled their design so they could save a buck–but that is that last buck they will get from me. I've been a loyal customer for over 30 years. If you know of a brand of blue jeans that actually fit please leave a suggestion.
on February 14, 2017
I have Wranglers and Levi's. Wranglers are heavier, Levi's just feel a bit more comfortable. The 550's work best for me. I'm 33-34/32, slender-regular build. I wear jeans most days of the week for moderate active field work/office work. Even though not as heavy as Wrangler, I haven't had a problem with them failing or wearing out. For me, I favor Levi's by a small margin. I understand why some would prefer Wrangler, and that's fine too.
on April 23, 2016
As others have observed, quality has not only notably declined since the 60's and 70's, they've declined steadily since and again over the past couple years. Thinning weight fabric, no double belt loops anymore along the middle of the back, resulting in increased slippage, but also a definite weak spot now where the upper corners of the back pockets are attached (and no, I don't wear wallets in them). Also, one of the last two pairs I bought frayed after two washing's in a spot adjacent to the zipper. All of this is a far cry from what Levi's quality used to be, even a couple ;years ago. So purchase only after close inspection, if at all.

Addendum: The second pair of these jeans ordered at the same time -- January 13th -- have also developed the same identical problems as the pair I initially reviewed; i.e. both only lasted for three months of casual wear. Therefore I am lowering my original 2-star rating to 1, and would recommend that anyone avoid these jeans, at least until Levi's addresses the problem...
on May 16, 2017
I am very disappointed in the jeans I received. I love levi'so but the last 2 pair I received from amazon were defective, in the same place. The right rear pocket tore right on theach inside corner, wear they attach to the pants. Then I went to pull them up by the belt loop, I didn't have my belt on yet and they are loose around the waste, and the belt loop tore free from the bottom, where they attach to the pants. Granted I have had these for a few months but I live in So California, and I wear shorts most of the time. I only wear pants if I have to. I don't know if it was a shipment that Amazon received but two pair, torn in the exact same place? I don't believe in coincidence.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.