Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's 550 Relaxed-Fit Jean
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 4,281 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on February 23, 2009
Belt loop came loose second time worn. Will have to send to have repaired. Must be factory seconds.
33 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2010
I recently received my order for two pair of Levi's Men's 550 Relaxed Fit Jean, Dark Stonewash, 36x34 from Amazon. I tried one pair on and noticed that they were too tight. The second pair was even smaller. I took both pair to a local retailer that sells Levi's jeans and compared them to the size 36x34 the retailer carried. One pair of the jeans I ordered from Amazon was two inches smaller in the waist and the other pair was FOUR inches smaller in the waist. Since the jeans were Levi's, the retailer offered to swap out the jeans for the CORRECT size. He said he would take care of returning the wrong-sized jeans to the Levi's company. The jeans from Amazon were made in Egypt and the jeans at the local retailer were made in Mexico. I won't be ordering any more jeans from Amazon after this experience. Apparently, the Egyptian factory has some quality assurance and sizing issues.
44 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2008
Product did not fit. I went tot he store and bought the same size and it fit just fine. I think they are selling irregualrs, but not indicating them as such.
on February 19, 2015
These jeans are a HUGE disappointment. They ripped within 35 days of owning them. Five days beyond the Amazon's return period. I have never experience such poor quality product. Cheaply made and cheaply sold. I have been wearing Levi's 550 for years and thought I could just save time and buy them online instead of dealing with the store. Totally different make an feel from what I'm used to. I would say avoid these.
review image review image
on April 11, 2016
I ordered two pairs. Unfortunately, I washed the pants before checking them fully. One of the legs has a small tear in it. So, can't return. EXPENSIVE junk pants right off the bat.

For the other pair, the material, to be dark blue, was very thin. I went to Kmart and tried on some Wranglers, Rustlers, and Kmart brand. WOW! I was shocked. Those pants are half to a third the price of these Levis and are higher quality. Heavier denim, better sewn, and way cheaper. I picked up a few pair of Kmart brand and Wranglers. I'm done with Levis. FYI. The rise on Kmarts Basic Edition jean is high. I love that. Pants that sit at the natural waist and aren't baggy!
review image review image
on October 17, 2014
after having read the reviews about levi's (and having some of the same problems as others in variability of fit), i ordered two pairs on two different days to see if there were any differences in construction... these appeared to be from the same lot and were of the same quality with the same fit. i have had other levi's in the same supposed size that did not fit, but these appeared as per specs... they appeared to be well constructed and competently sewn.
on July 3, 2013
When a company like Levi's, a staple of American society, starts taking the quaility of their merchandise so low that it is this noticable, we are all in trouble. I have 550s from 2 years ago and 550s that I got today and they are sooo far below the quality of material and weight of the previous pair that I thought they were fake. So now where are you supposed to go to get quality jeans? Sad.
on May 13, 2013
I have bought Levi's for most of my life and they have become a cheap product and I am going to start looking for an alternative. The fabric has gotten thiner and the belt loops rip too easily. Very disappointed in every pair I have bought for the past few years.
on April 23, 2013
Levis? You are kidding! The jeans I grew up wearing are now cheap imitations. I still own several pairs of 550's from just a few years back-- these are not the same pants. The fabric is lightweight and flimsy. They shrink and fade on the the first washing. Shame on you Levis-- did you think we wouldn't notice?
on October 6, 2011
Since it's hard for me to find jeans with a 29 inseam in stores (yes, I have short legs), I ordered two pairs of these Levi's 550 size 34x29 about 4 months ago. I love those jeans, because THEY ARE THE RIGHT SIZE. A pair I ordered just recently SAY 34x29 on the patch on the jeans, but they are at least 2 inches longer than my previous purchase. What gives? How hard is it to keep your product the same size? Were they just mislabelled at the factory?

I stupidly washed the jeans, figuring maybe the other pairs had just shrunk a little and that these might also. Nope. When I line them up, the new ones are still 2" longer. Since the whole point of buying these jeans online was to get the correct size, this was a complete waste of money, since I can't return them now.

Update: I'm changing my rating to 2 stars because it turns out I will be able to return the jeans, and customer service was very helpful.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.