Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,156 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,611 reviews
on October 4, 2016
After 40 years of buying the same size and style of Levis these are the last I will ever buy. I probably have 10 pairs of Levis 550s, some from the UK twenty years ago before I moved to the US. Recently I ordered two more pairs. They are thin and soft. The belt loop on one pair caught slightly as I got into the car and ripped right off. These just aren't anything like the quality they were before. From now on I am going to have to try different brands. The cut has also changed slightly, these just don't feel the same, they don't stay up as well as the others, something has changed about the shape of the top foot of these. A few months ago I found an old pair that I may not have worn in the 18 years I have lived here, they are strong and thick. Real jeans, rather than denim pants.
on October 27, 2016
Belt loop broke after a few weeks of very little use. And they tell me this item is not eligible for a return. It's honestly amazing to me I probably wore them 5 times because it has been so hot in CT until this week.
review image
on March 6, 2017
I ordered a few pairs of these jeans a few months back in a size 30x32 and they fit flawless for "cheap" work pants. I recently ordered another pair since I'm really starting to wear the old ones out. The pair I ordered matched identically to the ones I had before and they fit more like a 32x34. As much as I didn't want to go along with the 1 star bandwagon, I feel it is highly necessary. Levi's are not true to fit and are made with extremely low craftsmanship. If I pulled something similar at my job I'd get fired. I swear the jeans seem like they are made by children in a factory raking in $0.15 an hour. Worst way to spend $40 is on Levi jeans.
on March 31, 2016
I thought it was just me until I read the other one and two star reviews... but it's not just me. The cut of these 550 Levis is NOT the same as it used to be. It might say the same waist size on the tag as the pairs you've always worn. But it's not accurate. The two pairs I just bought on Amazon are WAY smaller in the waist than pairs of the "same" label size I've owned for years. I'm returning them to Amazon. And I'm reluctant to purchase Levis anymore. I've always been able to count on consistency from Levis, but now I can't count on that anymore.
on May 13, 2017
I have heard in the past that jeans are a popular item for knock-off manufacturers, and so I believe I've been had. I have only worn them one day and they are so uncomfortable. They are suppose to be "relaxed fit" but fit like skinny jeans. My other pants this size fit comfortably, so it's not me! Also, the material is very thin. After reading other negative reviews, I can see that this material won't last very long, as I suspected. I'm going to go to a Levis outlet store and see if all of their quality is this bad. If they are not knock-offs, they must be factory seconds. These are nothing like other 550 relaxed fit Levis I've had, and I've been wearing them my whole life.
on August 12, 2015
Levis, like most things, have changed. Since Levis has been historically reliable and our "go-to" jeans, we bought 3 new pairs. My partner does oil field work, so durable is appreciated. We last purchased Levis about a year ago, so we can compare "then" and "now". These jeans are definitely thinner than the other pairs we bought a year ago. Everything else looks the same. We're wondering if they are going to hold up, since other reviewers also noted that the jeans are thinner than previous editions. We bought these on Amazon after looking at the same product in the local department store which had them for $10 more. Products seem identical in every way, fabric thinner on both versions. Seems like we're going to have to find a new and different brand. End of an era, I'm afraid.
on March 1, 2017
I know its risky buying clothes online and I have been exclusive with this size and style for some time but the pair I have on now are noticeably smaller in the waist than my others. I took the labels off so can't return them but will try to others I bought on before I take the tags off. I'm a little worried that after washing they won't fit at all.

That being said, the selection in the department stores is always hit and miss, I will do all of my jean buying here in the future and hope for better consistency.
on June 1, 2015
First of all, I'd like to congratulate the gentleman in the picture on his choice of footwear. Boat shoes never go out of style.

These pants in the "Rinse" color are 14.3 ounces, which is very thick. The style is awful; someone else commented on here that, when you wear these jeans, you look like early-'90s Jerry Seinfeld. That's pretty much on the money. No person on earth should wear tapered jeans. Ever. And these taper a lot. But apparently some people like them, so who am I to judge.

Now, for all you people complaining, do a little research. You seem to think the weight (thickness) of the denim is associated with the style. It's not. It's associated with the color. If you go to the Levi's page and scroll through the different colors for each style, the weights are listed. Typically, the darker the color, the heavier the denim.

For instance, you'll notice the 550's heaviest denim is the "Rinse" color, at 14.3 ounces, whereas the 550 in "Tumbled Rigid" is considerably thinner at 11.9 ounces. If Levi's did a better job of advertising this, fewer people would complain about the so-called loss in quality. There's no loss in quality, Levi's just has far more options to choose from, many of which are made from lighter denim.

Hope this helps.
on March 2, 2017
Nice looking jeans but after only 15 months of very occasional wear, 2 of the 3 pair I bought from Amazon have holes opening up around the corners of the rear pockets. My wife fashioned a good repair on one pair and then I noticed the same problem on an other pair. See photos. Not satisfactory. I'm on the search for a different manufacturer. You should be also.
review image review image review image
on November 18, 2016
550's have a fundamental design problem with the belt loops that causes them to fail and rip out. On 505 jeans the loops are anchored to a reinforced seam but in the 550's they are stitched into thin fabric above the seam and every pair I have own they have ripped out of . If this were a car it would be a recall item . It is a design flaw that does not appear in 505 style or Wrangler jeans
I hate to say it but Levi's have become a really poor quality product. This belt loop fell off on the first washing. I've worn Levi's my whole life but have been disappointed by the last few pairs I have owned. I don't feel like they are well made anymore or a good value for the price . The integrity of the brand is gone.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.