Hill Climb Racing 2 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New playlist Christmas Soul STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 4, 2012
I have to agree with many of the other low reviews, Levi's are just not the same anymore. I have been wearing them for over 25 years and never found a brand that could compare in quality, that was until the last 2 pairs I just bought. The material is about half as thick, the seams are cheaply sewn, the tag is poorly printed, and so on. A pair usually lasts me about a year or so until the holes are too large. I doubt these will last 3 months, much less two horses pulling them in half. So long Levi, for now.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
55 comments| 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2017
Poor quality--fabric is weak around the rear pockets and stitching fails. These are not the same Levi jeans we had in the 70s. Purchased mine in January, wore about 5 times and noticed holes forming around the top of the rear pockets. I don't even wear a wallet or keep a can of snuff back there. My ass is not overly large either. Poor quality fabric and the location of the failure makes them useless.
on December 25, 2016
I did not buy my jeans from Amazon, but I need to tell everyone not to buy Levi's jeans! I've wore Levi's since I was a child and up until about 5-years ago as an adult, around 5-years ago they changed from 15 oz denim to 12 oz denim making their jeans crap! I have 2 pairs of Levi's styles 550 that I bought from JC Penny here in Utah, all within the last 2-years. Both of them the crotch has ripped out! At $45 for my size you would think that they would last longer than 1 - 2 years. I have 2 pairs of Carhartt jeans, $35, both 3 - 4 years old and they are still strong as the day I bought them. I have 3-pairs of Wrangler 5-Star Premium Denim that are 5+ years old and they are still in fantastic shape, I bought those at Wal-Mart for $24!!! Simply put, Levi's has turned to junk. Buy Carhartt jeans or Wrangler 5-star Premium Denim, you'll have a better fit and way longer lasting jeans.

Note: Carhartt jeans are 15 oz denim and Wrangler 5-star Premium Denim are 14.5 oz, both are great jeans!
on February 10, 2013
I've been wearing primarily Levi jeans since 1980 give or take and have been very disappointed by the quality of the past several pairs of jeans I've bought. The loops tear out after the first wearing. After a month or two, tops, tears start appearing near the upper inside corners of the rear pockets, not at the seams. I can't afford $35+ pairs of jeans that are good for a month or less. Garbage. I've got to find another brand. LL Bean? Wrangler?

Note added 2013-02-11: LL Bean currently sells similar-looking jeans for the same as the lowest price Amazon offers. The quality cannot be worse than current-day Levi's. I'll update here if the situation warrants.

Note added 2013-08-24: The LL Bean jeans are fine, much better quality than Levi at about the same price. Levi's? Never again.

Note added 2017-07-24: Though still happy with Bean, I've found Wrangler to be comparable quality at a much lower price. Levi's? Never going back.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
I've worn Levi's 550 jeans for years at work. They've always been the same size, but for some reason, the latest pair I ordered came a full three inches longer than the others. It wasn't Amazon's fault. They were mislabeled by the manufacturer. What kills me is that a pair of Levi's comes with four--FOUR--sizing tags on it. Apparently, just because a pair of Levi's is labeled as a certain size doesn't mean that's what you're getting.
on December 15, 2014
I have been wearing 550 jeans for years. I just may have purchased my last.Ordered a pair in medium stone wash and I received dark. This may have been amazon's fault. The first time I wore them the button hole ripped. I hadn't noticed until I washed them but there are two different colors of stitching with lots of loose threads.
on January 4, 2017
These Levi's are either fake or mislabeled. They are 3 inches longer than store bought 550's and do not fit right. See the photo below after washing. The store bought pair is on the far left. The two new recently ordered 550's are on the right. We are returning them.
review image
on May 26, 2017
Awful fit! I ordered 3 pairs. None of them were even remotely close to the inseam length as advertised and labeled. They were so far off I wondered if i had been sold counterfeit Levis. Do not order these jeans. Terrible!!!!!
on July 1, 2009
There is a reason the Levis brand is synonymous with jeans. They are simply the best. Nothing else compares.

The moment you pickup these jeans, you can feel the sturdy construction and quality. These jeans are heavy. The material is strong and durable. These are some fly-by-night jeans that will rip if you sneeze. These are the real deal.

Putting them on reveals a loose fit. The jeans wrap around your waist but leave enough room for plenty of movement. The legs taper slight but will easily fit over a pair of construction or work boots. The seams and ends of the legs are double-stitched to prevent fraying and tears.

The pockets are deep and roomy. I can easily fit an ipod in one front pocket and a large set of keys (almost 40 keys) into the other. You could unload several rolls of quarters and still have room for your hand. The back pockets are just as roomy and can hold wallets, tools, flashlights (including a mag-light), and more.

Accept no substitutes. If you want the best, get these jeans. They won't let you down.
on February 2, 2016
I've been wearing 550's for many years and have found the quality of the product to be severely lacking these days, especially with the "specialty" fabrics. I bought the "Range" style and had a rip on the back pocket seam the first time I wore them. And they were fairly loose. I've had a similar issue with the other styles, as well, but not as quickly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.